Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im a little depressed
(08-02-2017, 02:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah.....but how are you liking all those skeeters since we didn't have a cold enough winter to dent their population a little.  There have been days I felt like I was in the tropics with all those bastards buzzing around coupled with the crippling humidity.  Screw summer..... LMAO

I just don't go outside anymore.  Smirk   I hear ya though.  We've had a nasty summer for bugs.  there's some bugs that hang out at night off our back deck.  I've never seen the likes of them before.  I've thought about getting one of those blue electric lights that will zap bugs.  Do you remember those things?  Do they even make them anymore?  My grandparents used to have them.  Listening to a big moth or grasshopper get into one of them was always good entertainment. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 02:59 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I just don't go outside anymore.  Smirk   I hear ya though.  We've had a nasty summer for bugs.  there's some bugs that hang out at night off our back deck.  I've never seen the likes of them before.  I've thought about getting one of those blue electric lights that will zap bugs.  Do you remember those things?  Do they even make them anymore?  My grandparents used to have them.  Listening to a big moth or grasshopper get into one of them was always good entertainment. 

LOL.....yep, the old bug zapper.  My grandparents had one too.  I'm pretty sure you can still get them.  Another summer like this one, and I'll be finding out!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2017, 11:47 PM)packerbacker Wrote: That tomorrow is August already! Summer has been flying by and at work they are going to be starting to put the Christmas Mods out. Now isn't that depressing. I hate those months from November through March.

I like everything   through Christmas.  Jan and Feb blow.  March is usually bad, but you have that hope for spring around the corner.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 05:27 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Sweet Jesus, I don't want the cold or the snow.  You sick perverts that are wishing for a blizzard.....up yours!  You can have it.  Give me another mild winter like last year.  I only used the snow blower once all winter.  I'll take that again. 

I'm with you on the subject of cold. I hate it. 
As a young and not so bright person at the time I came very close to freezing to death on more than one occasion. Back then I thought it was a good idea to go hitch hiking in the dead of winter into the teeth of a blizzard.. 
Try getting stuck on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere when the temperature is below zero with snow up to your waist for a few days then get back to me on your opinion of cold weather.. I suspect that your opinions of cold weather may just be altered somewhat.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote