Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adeniji
I was unable to see the entire game. I know Adeniji looked pretty good the first quarter and a half. Hopkins looked like a waste of space and Reif was looking rough. How did he look the rest of the game? It would be nice if some of the younger linemen show promise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The O-line is still the weakest unit on this team. He didn't do a lot to change that. 6th round pick, trying to find his role.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I was surprised he started not sure what this means. Did he start because Carman is still hurt ? Did he start because Carman is bad ? Did he start because he’s good or a combination of all of the above lol.
Reply/Quote
They need to figure something out. I would say Carman is too early to tell. They should have had a better plan for Hopkins. Just rolling with a guy who had ACL surgery in January and a sixth round pick isn’t cutting it. Has Hill even gotten in when they pulled the starters?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
OL still has serious issues going into 2022 training camp:
  • LT who should be a RT.
  • RT who should be a OG or depth at this point.
  • OG depth.
  • C depth.
  • With exception of 1 current starter, rest of starters are marginal or less.
  • OL lacks any standout runblocking.
  • OL is marginal at pass protection.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They need to figure something out. I would say Carman is too early to tell. They should have had a better plan for Hopkins. Just rolling with a guy who had ACL surgery in January and a sixth round pick isn’t cutting it. Has Hill even gotten in when they pulled the starters?

Hill has looked like 2018 Bobby Hart in his limited snaps. Penalties and trash performance.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:17 AM)jason Wrote: Hill has looked like 2018 Bobby Hart in his limited snaps. Penalties and trash performance.

Well that answers that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well that answers that.

right now, they have almost zero quality depth at any OL position. 
Reply/Quote
Adeniji will be the starter for the Raiders game per Zac

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:42 AM)P W Wrote: right now, they have almost zero quality depth at any OL position. 

However, before the season started everyone clamored over how much depth we now have on the offensive line.  

It's young depth but their all 4th round picks, they'll be okay if called upon.  

Carman will continue to improve as the season goes on....

None of this has happened.  Do you blame the lack of improvement on Pollack?  

I mean he isnt the Messiah that some claimed him to be when he was hired during the off season. 

You can never rely on youth as your 2nd string on the OL.  

The Bengals are lucky so far that neither Reiff or Jonah have gone down with injuries. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 06:55 PM)TJ528 Wrote: However, before the season started everyone clamored over how much depth we now have on the offensive line.  

Not everyone. Some did, some didn't.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:06 AM)P W Wrote: OL still has serious issues going into 2022 training camp:

• LT who should be a RT.
  • RT who should be a OG or depth at this point.
  • OG depth.
  • C depth.
  • With exception of 1 current starter, rest of starters are marginal or less.
  • OL lacks any standout runblocking.
  • OL is marginal at pass protection.

Agreed on almost all points.

I think you meant 2022 off-season instead of training camp. Under your premise, that means no FA or drafted OL added in 2022.

Jonah does not look "first OL taken in the draft" special. Still has missed more games(22) than played(19) so maybe the light bulb goes on soon . . . I hope.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 06:38 PM)pally Wrote: Adeniji will be the starter for the Raiders game per Zac

Idk how I feel about this. Thought Carmen did generally ok for a rook. I don’t see why they should keep him out unless that back injury is more significant than we think it is.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 08:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Idk how I feel about this. Thought Carmen did generally ok for a rook. I don’t see why they should keep him out unless that back injury is more significant than we think it is.

If Carman was ready for hard action, do you not think that they would be putting him back in?

From what I saw, Adeniji seemed to not be overwhelmed, just stuck playing between two guys having a rough outing.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:06 AM)P W Wrote: OL still has serious issues going into 2022 training camp:
  • LT who should be a RT.

Horrible take.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 06:38 PM)pally Wrote: Adeniji will be the starter for the Raiders game per Zac

Idk how I feel about this. Thought Carmen did generally ok for a rook. I don’t see why they should keep him out unless that back injury is more significant than we think it is.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:24 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Idk how I feel about this. Thought Carmen did generally ok for a rook. I don’t see why they should keep him out unless that back injury is more significant than we think it is.

Backs are so unpredictable. Unfortunately, this could be a lingering issue for Carman.

Reply/Quote
Carman has been getting some good run blocks in our zone scheme this year and improving every week in pass blocking. We need him back out there.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Horrible take.

So then you either feel jonah williams is the correct starting long-term LT for the bengals or you feel they need to draft a starting LT? Those would be the other options.

While I suspect jonah could excel at RT, whereas at LT he's good enough. It's the nature of LT in the NFL, when you get beat, it shows - badly. And there are enough plays that he gets beat, it makes you wonder if they couldn't find a better LT in the draft. Just the nature of Bengals fans to remember all those solid seasons of Whit and question it when you see a LT get smoked a couple of times each game.

The fact remains, the bengals are weak at 3 of the 5 OL positions, it drags everyone down. While Reiff remains solid enough in 2021, but his legs are going. Reiff's superior upper body technique can't compensate for when someone gets around engaging his arms. In short, he probably shouldn't be the starting RT in 2022. So is your take to continue with the same LT/RT combination in 2022? Or do you have some other take that isn't "horrible?" 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 04:23 AM)treee Wrote: Carman has been getting some good run blocks in our zone scheme this year and improving every week in pass blocking. We need him back out there.

The season now seems to rest on Carman and Hopkins getting healthy(ier), because the depth falloff at those 2 positions is noticeable. And the Bengals offense, aside from running a 6 man OL, is struggling mightily on the interior with the standard 5 man OL.
Reply/Quote