Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adeniji got Benched vs Cowboys
(12-13-2020, 08:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's apparent that benching isnt having any positive results, is Turner back to his dirty tricks?  Sick Sick
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:14 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I would say that, even if the benching was justified, it really speaks to your ability to start the best players when you bench someone on the 3rd drive.  

Why did they start him to begin him?  If he played so poorly on 2 damn drives then you should have seen that coming.

For Christ sake, the guy is a 6th round rookie, who has spot started like 2 games.  You throw him to the wolves and then yank him that early?

I'm sure that does wonders for his confidence. Guy already has an uphill battle in being successful in this league.  Bad move here. You either ride with him, or you start someone else.

PS Michael Jordan got a free pass for 28 straight games.  Where's the consistancy?

Indeed. And in some posts in this thread it's the All or Nothing Zac defenders coming out.

Benching a guy from 1 mistake is different than benching a guy that repeatedly makes mistakes game after game and is not improving.

MJ has been terrible for 2 years and just recently benched as the media was picking up how bad he was and how he essentially got Burrow hurt.

Benching guys for 1 mistakes makes guys less aggressive.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 08:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah, he was struggling because our "break glass in case of emergency QB" holds on to the ball longer than Burrow and, since we didn't run the ball to protect him the line failed.  

I wanted to lose (sue me), but I am flat out embarrassed by this coaching staff.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 10:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Context.

When you do it half way through your second year, with a 4-2?-1 record, the optics are bad. 

So it's better to bench guys that have played well and helped you get to a winning record when they make mistakes than it is to bench guys that have played poorly all year and contributed to a losing record for making mistakes?

I mean, Taylor obviously needs to go at this point, but pretty soon we're going to be treading into "He went with bagel over the danish?  EVERYONE KNOWS YOU TAKE THE DANISH OVER THE BAGEL EVERY SINGLE TIME!". territory.
Reply/Quote
Adeneji played 10 snaps. 10 snaps! 14% of the offensive snaps.

They decided after 10 snaps that he needed benched for the entire game!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 11:00 AM)Whatever Wrote: So it's better to bench guys that have played well and helped you get to a winning record when they make mistakes than it is to bench guys that have played poorly all year and contributed to a losing record for making mistakes?

I mean, Taylor obviously needs to go at this point, but pretty soon we're going to be treading into "He went with bagel over the danish?  EVERYONE KNOWS YOU TAKE THE DANISH OVER THE BAGEL EVERY SINGLE TIME!". territory.

How can a coach determine a guy needs benched after 10 snaps! Adeneji got 10 snaps! Seems like a Vendetta.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 11:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How can a coach determine a guy needs benched after 10 snaps! Adeneji got 10 snaps! Seems like a Vendetta.

Well, there was Butt Fumble 2 in there.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 11:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Adeneji played 10 snaps. 10 snaps! 14% of the offensive snaps.

They decided after 10 snaps that he needed benched for the entire game!

It’s obvious Taylor is in full-on panic mode. One would have to assume (well, hope) that his employers warned him to right this ship ASAP, or else....
Reply/Quote
Lapham insinuated he got benched because he caused Williams' fumble by stopping on a pull block. I only listened to the game so I didn't see the play. But Lapham emphasized it was football 101 that you keep moving and looking for targets when pulling.
Reply/Quote
"WE HAVE TO HAVE A COACH THAT WILL HOLD PLAYERS RESPONSIBLE FOR MISTAKE!!  MORE RESPONSIBILITY!!!.  .  .  UNLESS IT IS A PLAYER I LIKE, THEN THE COACH CAN'T BENCH HIM OR IT WILL MAKE HIM LESS AGGRESSIVE!!!"
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "WE HAVE TO HAVE A COACH THAT WILL HOLD PLAYERS RESPONSIBLE FOR MISTAKE!! MORE RESPONSIBILITY!!!. . . UNLESS IT IS A PLAYER I LIKE, THEN THE COACH CAN'T BENCH HIM OUR IT WILL MAKE HIM LESS AGGRESSIVE!!!"

I would love the accountability if it was at all consistent, but it’s not. He didn’t bench your boy DSamps for having a TD ripped out of his hands, or Tee for any of the drops he’s had all season. He seems to pick and chose who needs to be benched depending on what regime brought the player in.

Reply/Quote
For most of the game the OL performed well.. only two penalties and no sacks i believe till 4th quarter so any adjustment of the benching did not hurt the overall performance of the line. Was nice to see Filo out there healthy and playing
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 08:52 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He’s the best player on the line. Was he really struggling?

we all know Zach has the magic eye for Talent...
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "WE HAVE TO HAVE A COACH THAT WILL HOLD PLAYERS RESPONSIBLE FOR MISTAKE!!  MORE RESPONSIBILITY!!!.  .  .  UNLESS IT IS A PLAYER I LIKE, THEN THE COACH CAN'T BENCH HIM OUR IT WILL MAKE HIM LESS AGGRESSIVE!!!"

like benching a guy who fumbled once in 900 carrys?   thats leadership
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:22 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Lapham insinuated he got benched because he caused Williams' fumble by stopping on a pull block.  I only listened to the game so I didn't see the play.  But Lapham emphasized it was football 101 that you keep moving and looking for targets when pulling.

So the coach is blaming a fumble on the OL player, ok I got it.

Seriously, Hakeem looks good to me and I have been a fan of him since he was drafted.  I thought he looked better on left side of line compared to the right side but I don't know.  He has good feet movement.  He is not a mauler by any means.  But his pass pro for most QB outside of Finley is solid.  

I hope the next coaching staff can get more out of him should the front office decide to do the right thing and fired the current inept staff.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 02:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  He seems to pick and chose who needs to be benched depending on what regime brought the player in.

Sure he does.  That is obviously why he benched Adenji and not Sample or Tee.

Hilarious

Seriously, do you ever even think before you post?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: So the coach is blaming a fumble on the OL player, ok I got it.

Seriously, Hakeem looks good to me and I have been a fan of him since he was drafted.  I thought he looked better on left side of line compared to the right side but I don't know.  He has good feet movement.  He is not a mauler by any means.  But his pass pro for most QB outside of Finley is solid.  

I hope the next coaching staff can get more out of him should the front office decide to do the right thing and fired the current inept 
He has not played well from what I've seen and PFF scores.
Reply/Quote
It's not 100% related to Adeniji, but I was hoping the end of this season at least one of Spain or XSF would do well enough to make me think at least one OG spot was covered.

But so far, Spain looks to be underwhelming through 6 games and XSF's first game of the season may have been a mirage. His game against DAL was not good.

Unless one steps up in a big way over the next 3 weeks, I see 2 positions that need upgraded at minimum.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 07:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's not 100% related to Adeniji, but I was hoping the end of this season at least one of Spain or XSF would do well enough to make me think at least one OG spot was covered.

But so far, Spain looks to be underwhelming through 6 games and XSF's first game of the season may have been a mirage. His game against DAL was not good.

Unless one steps up in a big way over the next 3 weeks, I see 2 positions that need upgraded at minimum.

XSF is a career backup injury risk. Counting on him to be a starter is a sign of a bad front office.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sure he does.  That is obviously why he benched Adenji and not Sample or Tee.

Hilarious

Seriously, do you ever even think before you post?

One or two cherry picked examples as per usual. Most of the guys Taylor has had issues with are leftovers from Marvin. That’s a fact. Just because he finally benched Jordan after a year and a half or Adeniji (who’s a spot starter anyway) doesn’t change that.

And yes I think before I post, I think about all the fun I’m going to have reading the latest and greatest from fredtoast!

Reply/Quote