Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adeniji-vs-Carman part II
The split reps yesterday. Carman had 1 more snap than Adeniji. I haven't seen PFF scores for those 2 yet. Is a rotation an answer against the Rams?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
From what I saw, we can't write Jackson off yet. The only question is can we put all our chips in on him for 2022. I'm not sure about that either. He's worth developing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: From what I saw, we can't write Jackson off yet. The only question is can we put all our chips in on him for 2022. I'm not sure about that either. He's worth developing.

He needs to get stronger.  A good offseason program should help with that

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:18 PM)pally Wrote: He needs to get stronger.  A good offseason program should help with that

An off-season without back surgery would help, also.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:12 PM)pally Wrote: The split reps yesterday.  Carman had 1 more snap than Adeniji.  I haven't seen PFF scores for those 2 yet.  Is a rotation an answer against the Rams?

Carman once again was clearly better and didn't have a penalty from what I saw which has to be the only reason he hasn't
been starting over Adeniji. Adeniji is on roller skates out there. Get him the hell out of the game FFS.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:12 PM)pally Wrote: The split reps yesterday.  Carman had 1 more snap than Adeniji.  I haven't seen PFF scores for those 2 yet.  Is a rotation an answer against the Rams?

I think the answer for the Rams is going to have to be 6 linemen. Especially if CJ can't get back. Just go with 6 linemen and give the 3 WR's time to get open.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the answer for the Rams is going to have to be 6 linemen. Especially if CJ can't get back. Just go with 6 linemen and give the 3 WR's time to get open.

Gonna need a RB in the backfield or Sample to help out with Donald too. This isn't going to be easy.

Happy we had the Simmons test already that we failed lol

Donald is the biggest test.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Gonna need a RB in the backfield or Sample to help out with Donald too. This isn't going to be easy.

Happy we had the Simmons test already that we failed lol

Donald is the biggest test.

Well I have very little confidence in Adeniji being strong enough to stop him, so we'd best go with Carman.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well I have very little confidence in Adeniji being strong enough to stop him, so we'd best go with Carman.

Carman handles stunts better than Adeniji too.

Just don't understand why Adeniji gets any snaps the way he has been playing.

Carman will make some mistakes, sure. But he isn't on roller skates out there just getting wheeled into Burrow and the RB's.

It isn't even about strength, Adeniji has no technique, he plays high and the low man wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well I have very little confidence in Adeniji being strong enough to stop him, so we'd best go with Carman.

I think Simmons has more straight line bull rush power and Donald although has alot of power has cat quickness for a guy that size...which is why he is a true O linemans nightmare. I would go Carman over Adeniji...I dont thnk Adeniji can handle the power part of Donalds game and Jackson maybe be our best bet to handle both phases of ADs game.    
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Carman once again was clearly better and didn't have a penalty from what I saw which has to be the only reason he hasn't
been starting over Adeniji. Adeniji is on roller skates out there. Get him the hell out of the game FFS.

Adeniji is a Tackle that is asked to play Guard, but I think they view him more as a T-G swingman off the bench ala Scott Kooistra. A guy that can give you two or three good fill-in starts but that's about it in his ceiling.
Carman is a Tackle that was more or less told he's going to be a Guard and should have his eye on starting at RG or replacing Spain at LG moving forward. It's up to him and his dedication to improving his game.

I think the plan was to start Adeniji to keep the offense in sync, mainly due to the crowd noise and then put Carman in anyway after the initial excitement had kind of died down a bit. Since there are question marks at RG, having a rotation to help tire out Chris Jones and company might have been the idea from the beginning.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:59 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Adeniji is a Tackle that is asked to play Guard, but I think they view him more as a T-G swingman off the bench ala Scott Kooistra. A guy that can give you two or three good fill-in starts but that's about it in his ceiling.
Carman is a Tackle that was more or less told he's going to be a Guard and should have his eye on starting at RG or replacing Spain at LG moving forward. It's up to him and his dedication to improving his game.

I think the plan was to start Adeniji to keep the offense in sync, mainly due to the crowd noise and then put Carman in anyway after the initial excitement had kind of died down a bit. Since there are question marks at RG, having a rotation to help tire out Chris Jones and company might have been the idea from the beginning.

Could of been, still we were running on 1st down early with Adeniji starting and getting nowhere. I love how we adjusted.

But I would of started Carman if we were going to run on 1st down early. Adeniji might get a block here and there but he 
just plays way too high. Reminds me of Nasty Nate Livings out there. Stay low man, stay low. Need to start Carman and let
him settle in, don't care for the rotation thoughts, Adeniji doesn't deserve starting snaps unless it is a last resort from what I 
have been watching the last couple weeks.

Would love for once to just see Carman put at RG and just told to maul. This is what he is good at, mauling in the run game.

And on top of this the perfect way to beat the LA Rams.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if Carman or anyone else can do better than prince at rt...
Reply/Quote
The PFF scores are pretty ridiculous, but it looks like they are incomplete as Carman has a score of 0.1 which is stupid.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: The PFF scores are pretty ridiculous, but it looks like they are incomplete as Carman has a score of 0.1 which is stupid.

Yeah, 0.1 and 1.8.

I'm sorry, but that can't be taken seriously.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, 0.1 and 1.8.

I'm sorry, but that can't be taken seriously.

How? I mean wouldn't these same OL then receive scores of 0.0 or negative scores from the Titans game?
Reply/Quote
It seems like we were running the ball better yesterday, especially late in the game. Were those behind Carman?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Carman once again was clearly better and didn't have a penalty from what I saw which has to be the only reason he hasn't

As usual me and Nate are on same page here.  It is clear Carman is better than Adeniji and nearly every aspect of being an OL.  I hope he takes his work seriously in the off-season and hits the ground running next season. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
As far as this next game id roll with Carman and not look back. Adeniji won't handle AD's power at all. Carman may struggle with AD as well (wouldn't be the first guard to struggle vs that man) but at least he won't be overwhelmed by the power moves and be in Joe's lap. I think gameplan wise we need to get our outside run game going and try to make AD as little of a factor as we can. Easier said than done but this is the Super Bowl it's not supposed to be easy.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
I wonder if taking it slow with Carman has anything to do with the back injury from earlier in the season. I can’t remember what game it was but he got folded. I thought his season would be over. I think he was back at practice that same week
Reply/Quote