Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Admit you voted for Biden
(06-14-2022, 06:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am first and foremost a person that values democracy. Any leader that is antagonistic to that will never get my vote.

Yeah, that's pretty much it and I'll admit I got some deserved clobbering over it from my pals here and my family, but I otter just have voted for Biden instead of the extra throwing my vote away 3rd party thing.  It's simply democracy versus trying to overthrow democracy at this point.

I ain't Jim Bakker, but I WAS WRONG.

Well, not that one vote matters.  Also, this is a fitting thread for it but I may just vote straight democrat for the first time ever in the midterms...I may be tapping out on this 3rd party stuff...for now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 03:53 PM)basballguy Wrote: Imagine a world where people cared enough to take time to understand policy versus voting on which person they liked more.   Perhaps maybe there should be a quick 5 minute competency test before you vote to filter out these people.  (Yes this also applies to people that voted for DJT because they didn't like Biden)

Donald Trump is a tool...no doubt...but he represented the policies that I agreed with and supported.  I will gladly vote for him 800 more times until that changes.  

Sorry, but it is 100% obvious that Trump has spread false election conspiracies. I love our democracy and he seems hellbent on destroying it. I understand their policy differences. Lol
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 06:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, that's pretty much it and I'll admit I got some deserved clobbering over it from my pals here and my family, but I otter just have voted for Biden instead of the extra throwing my vote away 3rd party thing.  It's simply democracy versus trying to overthrow democracy at this point.

I ain't Jim Bakker, but I WAS WRONG.

Well, not that one vote matters.  Also, this is a fitting thread for it but I may just vote straight democrat for the first time ever in the midterms...I may be tapping out on this 3rd party stuff...for now.

I voted in the Republican primary here in Ohio this year. I did so just to vote for the lone candidate that didn't lick Trump's boots. It didn't work, and the guy who wrote Hillbilly Elegy is gonna be our new senator this fall.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 06:58 PM)jason Wrote: I voted in the Republican primary here in Ohio this year. I did so just to vote for the lone candidate that didn't lick Trump's boots. It didn't work, and the guy who wrote Hillbilly Elegy is gonna be our new senator this fall.

John Dammit Vance is such a trash human being. He might be in trouble with the FEC as there is some evidence of coordination between his campaign and a PAC. But, since the FEC is toothless it won't amount to anything. I just hope enough people can be shown just how terrible he is, but I doubt it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 06:58 PM)jason Wrote: I voted in the Republican primary here in Ohio this year. I did so just to vote for the lone candidate that didn't lick Trump's boots. It didn't work, and the guy who wrote Hillbilly Elegy is gonna be our new senator this fall.

I had to google this because I assumed he was some sort of country singer and, let's be honest, the GOP has gone a bit wacky with the "Let's make celebrities into politicians!" stuff lately. 
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 09:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The three core albums.  I would add one final album to the "master list", which is Animositisomina.  It's Paul Barker's last album with Ministry (saw him recently playing with Puscifer, which was awesome), and it is epic.  If you're still at all into industrial music I urge you to give it a listen.  As an aside, one of my best friends and I just saw Front Line Assembly in LA and between bands we got into a big discussion with other attendees about how many former members of Ministry have died prematurely.

I'll check it out.  I knew Mike Scaccia died.  It's wild that Al actually survived to become a caricature of himself.  I really like "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up".  As far as live albums go, it's top notch.
Reply/Quote
Matt is just pissed off because Vance didn't paint his people in a very good light. LOL I was disappointed that it mostly took place in Middletown. I was thinking it was going to be like the first fifteen minutes of the movie.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
My people? I mean, a good chunk of Cincy fans are also in Appalachia, so there is that. Also, I do technically live outside of Appalachia as defined by ARC, about as far outside of it as Cincy is. Kind of funny to think about, really. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Since I canceled dinner plans with her, I kind of felt like I owed Jo (note: no "e") a vote.
She's pretty a pretty cool whiskey drinking, hockey playing woman.
#NameDrop
#NotSoHumbleBrag
#WhereIsDino

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Strategically voting against trump in a first-past-the-post system via biden is an easily defensible action. I don't know why you think it's some kind of gotcha OP. trumpism is a particularly ugly form of right wing populism and I'll be glad to see it continue to eat itself over the next few years.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 05:41 PM)treee Wrote: Strategically voting against trump in a first-past-the-post system via biden is an easily defensible action. I don't know why you think it's some kind of gotcha OP. trumpism is a particularly ugly form of right wing populism and I'll be glad to see it continue to eat itself over the next few years.

I think I can sum up all the neo-con "gotcha" threads:

Q:  Look what Biden did, how can you defend him?
A:  He's better than Trump, doesn't mean he's good.

Q:  Aren't you sorry you voted for Biden?
A:  No, because we had 2 choices and the other was 4 more years of Trump.

Q:  HA, look how low Biden's approval rating is!
A:  Yep, he isn't good, but still...didn't want 4 more years of Trump.

Q:  Why won't anyone criticize Biden?
A:  Didn't you just point out how low his approval rating is?

Q:  Why won't anyone admit they voted for Biden?
A:  *a thread full of people admitting they voted for Biden*

Gotcha, indeed.
Reply/Quote
Uh yeah I did. Easy choice. If anyone else was running I would consider it. Biden did not win because he is great. Anyone who says that is kidding themselves. He won because Trump is a bad person and people do no like him. This is easily proven while looking at the states the republicans won everything but the president. Because even a good chunk of republicans do not like him. (IE they went party line down the card except for Trump)
Reply/Quote
Will we be using Gas in 30 years in our cars? I do not think so. Every president since Kennedy has vowed to solve our gas and energy crisis. And no one has. Oil is a FINITE resource. The answer is not to completely destroy the planet to get every last drop of it when we know its coming to an end. The answer is to come up with an alternative fuel source. And that is finally happening. If you know you are running low on food you don't eat it all. That leaves nothing for the future. So while we may ***** about gas prices you are only thinking of now and your pocket instead of your kids and the future of the planet. But hey that's all most people care about.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 04:48 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I've noticed many people will not admit they voted for Biden even though they said it right after the 2020 election. I guess the $5 gas and other stuff must embarrass them. And Harris has done nothing. I for one admit my mistakes. BTW I voted for Trump.

I voted for him.

It's capitalism that has driven up prices.
What do people want Biden to do that the he/Congress aren't already trying to do?
Putting a cap/restriction on prices goes against capitalism, so I doubt those people against Biden want that.

And don't say lower taxes. It might help short term for individuals, but it doesn't put any responsibility on the corporations who are choosing to keep raising prices while they have record profits.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/may/13/oil-gas-producers-first-quarter-2022-profits

At the end of the day, it's the companies who are setting these costs. People should be upset at them and demand they lower their costs.
Luckily for me, I don't have to go into the office very much now, so my driving is much more limited ever since COVID hit. So I'm still spending less money in gas than I was pre-pandemic.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 07:25 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Will we be using Gas in 30 years in our cars? I do not think so. Every president since Kennedy has vowed to solve our gas and energy crisis. And no one has. Oil is a FINITE resource. The answer is not to completely destroy the planet to get every last drop of it when we know its coming to an end. The answer is to come up with an alternative fuel source. And that is finally happening. If you know you are running low on food you don't eat it all. That leaves nothing for the future. So while we may ***** about gas prices you are only thinking of now and your pocket instead of your kids and the future of the planet. But hey that's all most people care about.

Agreed.

Many (not all) of those who vote GOP tend to use viewpoints of, "How does it affect ME?"
If something benefits people but not them (e.g. cheaper/free college), they complain.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 06:51 PM)jmccracky Wrote: Sorry, but it is 100% obvious that Trump has spread false election conspiracies. I love our democracy and he seems hellbent on destroying it. I understand their policy differences. Lol

no, he's hellbent on exposing the corruption and double standards and harmful ideas, and guess what, he'll be president again in 2024. then things will get very real, very fast. a lot of people on the left will be going to jail.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 03:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed.

Many (not all) of those who vote GOP tend to use viewpoints of, "How does it affect ME?"
If something benefits people but not them (e.g. cheaper/free college), they complain.

First half of your statement is true of course.  

Who the hell is complaining about cheaper/free college?  Literally nobody.  The entire galaxy is aligned on the scam that is higher education.  

I think (and hope) you are meaning to refer to tuition debt write offs.  That's a bit more debatable.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:22 PM)basballguy Wrote: First half of your statement is true of course.  

Who the hell is complaining about cheaper/free college?  Literally nobody.  The entire galaxy is aligned on the scam that is higher education.  

I think (and hope) you are meaning to refer to tuition debt write offs.  That's a bit more debatable.  
I've heard some people say they don't want to "pay for someone else to go to college" if it means increasing taxes to pay for it.

But yes, I would assume nearly everyone feels that the cost of college is too high.
A big reason for that is because banks were (are) willing to loan out the money if students couldn't pay for it themselves, so colleges didn't feel the need to lower their costs. They knew they'd get the money one way or another.

When you're a country who has a core principle surrounding the concept of "make as much money as possible," it's no surprise that most people/companies don't try to keep costs lower out of the kindness of their heart.
Greed really is the American dream.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:04 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: no, he's hellbent on exposing the corruption and double standards and harmful ideas, and guess what, he'll be president again in 2024. then things will get very real, very fast. a lot of people on the left will be going to jail.

There's two responses I have to this post...

1. Trump is likely no different than any other politician or president. He was/is involved in the corruption, double standards and harmful ideas. Believing otherwise is naivety. 
  2. I will not be surprised to see him win in 2024. I did not vote for Trump, and will not in 2024, but current data suggests that he would win if the election were held today. Trump had very low approval ratings, but Biden is right there with him. 
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've heard some people say they don't want to "pay for someone else to go to college" if it means increasing taxes to pay for it.

But yes, I would assume nearly everyone feels that the cost of college is too high.
A big reason for that is because banks were (are) willing to loan out the money if students couldn't pay for it themselves, so colleges didn't feel the need to lower their costs. They knew they'd get the money one way or another.

When you're a country who has a core principle surrounding the concept of "make as much money as possible," it's no surprise that most people/companies don't try to keep costs lower out of the kindness of their heart.
Greed really is the American dream.

it's not greed buddy. it's capitalism. it's free market. it's taking responsibilty. it's what this nation was built on. if you want something, you work for it. you make sacrifices. you succeed or fail by the amount of blood, sweat and tears you put into it. you don't ask for handouts or bailouts, or freebies or free rides. in this country if you want something it'[s there for the taking. you jusy have to be willing to put in the effort and not look to everyone else to do it for you.
Reply/Quote