Poll: Do you like it?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Way Too Early 2016 Mock Draft (3 rds +)
I know....I know, this is an extremely early mock draft for 2016. But I just can't help myself. If you have some time, take a look and let me know what you think...

1st

Laquan Treadwell - WR - Ole Miss
Height: 6’2” Weight: 229

[Image: Laquon-Treadwell-Mississippi-v-Mississip...Sizfpl.jpg]
The Bengals coaching staff and front office decided to roll with one more season with AJ, Sanu and Jones at the top of the WR depth chart. As much as I like all three players, I don’t see the decision panning out in the Bengals favor. Also, with impending free agency for much of the WR corps, it is important to reload the position.
Treadwell is the type of dynamic receiver that could give this corps the boost it needs. He is a “natural” and instinctive receiver that just simply knows how to get open. He doesn’t have blazing speed, but his combination of size, hands and instincts will make this pick a great one.

2nd

Jaylon Smith - ILB/OLB - Notre Dame
Height: 6’2” Weight: 235

[Image: jaylon%20smith%20nd.jpg]
If there is one thing that this coaching staff loves in it’s LBers it is versatility. With AJ Hawk and Maualuga only around for another year or so, expect the Bengals to draft a LB for the future.
Smith can play every LB position in the 4-3. His versatility is probably the best in this upcoming draft class. Smith shows impressive speed and athleticism for a middle LB and can provide sufficient support in defending the pass as well. Definitely is a player that could go in the 1st round if he has a strong year.

3rd

Adolphus Washington - NT - Ohio State
Height: 6’4” Weight: 295

[Image: 1411671895000-USATSI-7572857.jpg]
The Bengals addressed the DT position in the 2015 draft… but did so with a pass rushing DT. With the decline of Peko and no clear heir apparent, we need to take a run stuffing, nose tackle type player in the 2016 draft.
Washington fills that void. Washington is strong enough to fight through offensive lineman one on one, therefore he requires a double team on most plays. This type of player will be crucial to bolster our run defense, as well as help our ailing pass rush.

So... I decided 3 rounds wasn't enough....

4th
Mike Matthews, C, Texas A&M
Height: 6-2. Weight: 290

5th
Rashard Higgins*, WR, Colorado State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 188

6th
Noah Spence, DE, Ohio State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 252

7th
Denzel Nkemdiche, S/OLB, Ole Miss
Height: 5-11. Weight: 212

Reply/Quote
You think Laquan Treadwell is going to be around for the 32nd pick? Good luck on that.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 01:01 PM)Interceptor Wrote: You think Laquan Treadwell is going to be around for the 32nd pick? Good luck on that.

I would love to pick 32.... but that doesn't seem likely.  Honestly I could see him falling into the 20s because of the leg injury.
Reply/Quote
Spence got arrested for public intoxication...if he can't even get on the field at EKU, he won't get drafted.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 05:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Spence got arrested for public intoxication...if he can't even get on the field at EKU, he won't get drafted.

I get where you are coming from.  But spence showed great talent when he was on the field at OSU.  He is worse a late round flier, considering our depth everywhere else is set.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 09:38 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: I get where you are coming from.  But spence showed great talent when he was on the field at OSU.  He is worse a late round flier, considering our depth everywhere else is set.

Maybe but he wasn't that good at OSU. He was solid, not great. Bolstered by a lot of talent around him. 

Now he can't even get his shit together enough to play at EKU....that's a UDFA recipe right there. 
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 12:39 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Maybe but he wasn't that good at OSU. He was solid, not great. Bolstered by a lot of talent around him. 

Now he can't even get his shit together enough to play at EKU....that's a UDFA recipe right there. 

That is a fair point. I would just rather grab him in the draft, since by that point in the draft we dont really have any more NEEDS to fill. Our team is very solid, especially by rd 4 next year
Reply/Quote
No QB in the first two rounds? Pass.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 07:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: No QB in the first two rounds? Pass.

And if it's a QB class like this years? 
2 acceptable QBs and then nothing but hot smelly garbage? 
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 11:01 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: And if it's a QB class like this years? 
2 acceptable QBs and then nothing but hot smelly garbage? 

Preseason QBs that could go In the first two rounds is about 5 or 6 guys. Should be one of the deepest QB classes in years.

Cook
Jones
Hackenberg
Kessler
Goff
Prescott
Hogan
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 04:09 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Preseason QBs that could go In the first two rounds is about 5 or 6 guys. Should be one of the deepest QB classes in years.

Cook
Jones
Hackenberg
Kessler
Goff
Prescott
Hogan

1. Overrated
2. Might not even start
3. Overratedest
4. Best one of the lot.
5. Preseason hype
6. No thanks on Manziel lite. 
7. hahahahahaha....hahahahahahaha
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 03:09 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 1. Overrated
2. Might not even start
3. Overratedest
4. Best one of the lot.
5. Preseason hype
6. No thanks on Manziel lite. 
7. hahahahahaha....hahahahahahaha

I like Kessler too, did better in a shit pocket than Hackenburg.

Hogan's motion is just plain cringe.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 06:35 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I like Kessler too, did better in a shit pocket than Hackenburg.

Hogan's motion is just plain cringe.

Hogan has Tebow's wind up without the athletic upside.
It's bad. If I were a gambling man, I'd wager on some pretty awful Phillip Rivers comps for Hogan because of the throwing motion, despite Rivers' being 10x better. 
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 07:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: No QB in the first two rounds? Pass.

There is not QB in this draft that will make us better.  Good or bad, we are stuck with Andy for at least another year.  The only QB of the bunch I wouldn't mind is Kessler... but to me he is a 3rd round talent that will probably go in the late first, no later than the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 12:41 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: There is not QB in this draft that will make us better.  Good or bad, we are stuck with Andy for at least another year.  The only QB of the bunch I wouldn't mind is Kessler... but to me he is a 3rd round talent that will probably go in the late first, no later than the 2nd.

Unless Jones' play was a 3 game aberration, I'd say that he would make the Bengals better.  They will never get him, but could you imagine him actually hitting AJ in stride. 

But, like I said, 3 games is a very small sample size.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 09:58 PM)jason Wrote: Unless Jones' play was a 3 game aberration, I'd say that he would make the Bengals better.  They will never get him, but could you imagine him actually hitting AJ in stride. 

But, like I said, 3 games is a very small sample size.

Jones will come back down to Earth.  Also, if you watch the game tape over again... he underthrew receivers quite a bit in those three games.  The WRs just made amazing plays to bail him out.
Reply/Quote
Love the Jaylon Smith pick.  That kid can flat out play football.  Just hopes he lasts until the 2nd round.  Might have to use a first round pick on him.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:54 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Love the Jaylon Smith pick.  That kid can flat out play football.  Just hopes he lasts until the 2nd round.  Might have to use a first round pick on him.

We may have to, and if we do I hope that we go WR in round 2... assuming their is a high talent player still on the board.
Reply/Quote
What other WR's are you looking at? I loved a bunch this year and am shocked we didn't get one
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 09:27 PM)bonesaw Wrote: What other WR's are you looking at?  I loved a bunch this year and am shocked we didn't get one

Well, I like Treadwell in the first. And the rest as follows...

2nd- Demarcus Robinson (FL)
3rd- Malcolm Mitchell (UGA)
or
3rd- Michael Thomas (OSU)
4th- Rashard Higgins (CSU)

Anything after the 4th is a longshot to make this team, so I will stop there.
Reply/Quote