Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ads In The Middle Of Facebook Videos?!
Is it pissing anyone off that Facebook started having breaks in the middle videos that people post to have short ads?

Maybe it's the organizations that posts the videos that put the ads in, but I don't think so because they all have similar structure.

It pisses me off because I understand that they're trying to make money, but they're already a multi-billion dollar company and Facebook is supposed to be for the people, so you can't let me watch a three minute video of a doctor dancing for sick kids in a hospital without having to pause halfway through and wait for an ad to finish?

Sorry, had to rant, and I'd do it on Facebook, but I fear being kicked off.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I noticed it a few months ago I believe. I usually just skip the video if an ad is about to play.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Yay capitalism LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:44 PM)magikod Wrote: Yeah I noticed it a few months ago I believe. I usually just skip the video if an ad is about to play.
Same here but sometimes it's in the middle of a good video or one that's inspiring and it just kills your mood.
(09-14-2018, 05:19 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Yay capitalism LOL

I understand capitalism but Facebook used to be about making the consumer happy.

Also, Zuckerberg initially didn't even want ads on Facebook because he didn't care about money, but now he's doing things that make it less enjoyable for unnecessary money.
Reply/Quote
Cry  Cry

"WAA!  My free stuff isn't good enough!!"

Entitlement mentality is getting out of hand.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cry  Cry

"WAA!  My free stuff isn't good enough!!"

Entitlement mentality is getting out of hand.

The irony here is crippling.......

But you’re missing the point or intentionally ignoring it.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 05:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Same here but sometimes it's in the middle of a good video or one that's inspiring and it just kills your mood.

I understand capitalism but Facebook used to be about making the consumer happy.

Also, Zuckerberg initially didn't even want ads on Facebook because he didn't care about money, but now he's doing things that make it less enjoyable for unnecessary money.

He always cared about money. People don’t accidentally become billionaires.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I ditched FB years ago and deleted my account. Don't miss it one bit. As they say, if is free on the Internet you are not the customer you are the product. That is most certainly true for FB, every other social media platform, Google, Yahoo and the list goes on.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 07:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The irony here is crippling.......

ThumbsUp

Unless you’ve actually bought anything posted on fb, your just a user and not a customer. Realistically, they don’t do the site for free. If you nor I feed them cash, they have to get it somewhere.

Reply/Quote

No irony and no points missed.

You are getting something for free but you still want to cry about ads.  You think that since FB is "already a multimillion dollar company" then they owe you something for free.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 10:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: ThumbsUp

Unless you’ve actually bought anything posted on fb, your just a user and not a customer. Realistically, they don’t do the site for free. If you nor I feed them cash, they have to get it somewhere.

Every member is actually a resource to FB.  Thy mine your personal information and sell it to marketers.
Reply/Quote

Brad, you can be sure that their intent at FB is to make money, and sway public opinion.  The whole part about being free, or for the people, was just to get widespread and firmly embedded into people's lives.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every member is actually a resource to FB.  Thy mine your personal information and sell it to marketers.

Ahh yes. With every click

Reply/Quote
Tom from MySpace says it's time to come home, Brad.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Brad, you can be sure that their intent at FB is to make money, and sway public opinion. 

FB does not care about public opinion.  All they want are members and viewers.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No irony and no points missed.

You are getting something for free but you still want to cry about ads.  You think that since FB is "already a multimillion dollar company" then they owe you something for free.

Very ironic, and it's because of your opinions on other things.

Facebook was started as something for other people to connect with friends and it wasn't about money.  Up until this point, while being able to make money, they haven't done anything like disrupt viewing videos just to make an extra dollar.

By the way, I doubt that you don't know this, so it's just you trying to use your empty rhetoric, like always, but Facebook's a billion dollar company and they have been for nearly a decade (multi-billion now).  
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 03:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Is it pissing anyone off that Facebook started having breaks in the middle videos that people post to have short ads?

Maybe it's the organizations that posts the videos that put the ads in, but I don't think so because they all have similar structure.

It pisses me off because I understand that they're trying to make money, but they're already a multi-billion dollar company and Facebook is supposed to be for the people, so you can't let me watch a three minute video of a doctor dancing for sick kids in a hospital without having to pause halfway through and wait for an ad to finish?

Sorry, had to rant, and I'd do it on Facebook, but I fear being kicked off.

smart move

they give you a taste enough to want to know how it ends  then you have to watch the commercial..

Its a smart strategy no reason to be mad at it just don't watch any videos on facebook..

Are you mad TV shows have commercials in the middle of them too?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 10:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Very ironic, and it's because of your opinions on other things.

Facebook was started as something for other people to connect with friends and it wasn't about money.  Up until this point, while being able to make money, they haven't done anything like disrupt viewing videos just to make an extra dollar.

By the way, I doubt that you don't know this, so it's just you trying to use your empty rhetoric, like always, but Facebook's a billion dollar company and they have been for nearly a decade (multi-billion now).  

Brad everything is about money don't be naïve.
Reply/Quote
Just one of the tiny, eensy weensy reasons I don't use Facebook anymore.. Forget that I'd have to put up with my ultra annoying niece and her fake rants of how pure and honest and so much better than the rest of the known universe she thinks she is . Whenever I discuss my niece there's one derogatory term associated with certain women that begins with a C and ends with a T and somewhere between the two are the initials for the United Nations.. 
Yeah, just one of the many many many reasons I ignore Facebook . lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Was just watching a video on a guy that's using iPhone apps to have shoes, socks, food, etc., delivered to homeless people, and I found myself inspired. I started thinking "what if I could do something like this, even on a much smaller scale........... let me keep watching and find out more........"

And then an ad started for Jack Ryan. This blows.
Reply/Quote