Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advantage in division already
(09-11-2015, 01:40 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If Eifert becomes half as good as Gronk I will be ecstatic

If the Steelers let him be half as open as Gronk I will be jumping with joy lol
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 01:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I wouldn't read a whole lot into the loss last night by Pittsburgh.

Their O line looked pretty dang good, and Antonio Brown was all over the place as expected.

Their defense needs a LOT of work, that can be said lol. Both defensive units looked lost.

Hopefully Eifert watched that game and got inspired.

The Steelers did move the ball well, but in the end they scored 7 points with 2 seconds to go which gave them a grand total of 21 against a rebuilding Pats defense who lost Revis, Browner, Wilfork and Spikes from their Super Bowl wining defense.

Brown was awesome as always, but I would venture he had one of his better stat days in 2015 in week one and they still only scored 21 points.
Williams was very good, but Bell will be better and Williams will spend most of his time on the bench unless Bell is hurt.
H. Miller had a career pass catching and likely won't come close to matching it.

My point simply is for as good a night as the Steelers had moving the ball, it did into points.

On defense, their defense had missed assignments all nigh long. A college QB could have completed a lot of those huge plays as guys were uncovered including Gronk not once, but twice and Danny A. and Edelman each had big plays not completed due to over throws by Brady or it could have been a lot worse.

We say a very good Steelers offense as advertised, we say a very bad Steelers defense as advertised.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 01:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Steelers did move the ball well, but in the end they scored 7 points with 2 seconds to go which gave them a grand total of 21 against a rebuilding Pats defense who lost Revis, Browner, Wilfork and Spikes from their Super Bowl wining defense.

Brown was awesome as always, but I would venture he had one of his better stat days in 2015 in week one and they still only scored 21 points.
Williams was very good, but Bell will be better and Williams will spend most of his time on the bench unless Bell is hurt.
H. Miller had a career pass catching and likely won't come close to matching it.

My point simply is for as good a night as the Steelers had moving the ball, it did into points.

On defense, their defense had missed assignments all nigh long. A college QB could have completed a lot of those huge plays as guys were uncovered including Gronk not once, but twice and Danny A. and Edelman each had big plays not completed due to over throws by Brady or it could have been a lot worse.

We say a very good Steelers offense as advertised, we say a very bad Steelers defense as advertised.

Right, but if Scobee makes the field goals then it is 26-28 when they score the TD to brown, and a nifty 2 point conversion away from tieing the game. It was a lot closer than people think, and veteran kickers don't miss easy fgs like that most of the time. The suisham injury just literally lost them a game (or left them much farther from it than they could have been).
Reply/Quote
If only the Steelers played the Patriots 10 times a year.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 01:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Right, but if Scobee makes the field goals then it is 26-28 when they score the TD to brown, and a nifty 2 point conversion away from tieing the game. It was a lot closer than people think, and veteran kickers don't miss easy fgs like that most of the time. The suisham injury just literally lost them a game (or left them much farther from it than they could have been).

I have to disagree. The Patriots were dominant and coasted to a W. That last minute score was irrelevant and made it look closer than it really was. 

The Pats took a 28-14 lead with 7:00 left, and at that point the Pats let the Steelers have the short throws over the middle. If the game were closer, the Pats D probably would've tightened up. 

I do think the Steelers will be good this year, but this game wasn't as close as the score, imo.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts everyday would be Christmas. :)
Reply/Quote
Sorry but that game was not close. The only reason the Steelers got the yards they did was few deep bombs against totally inexperienced NE corners, and that the Pats had trouble all night setting the edge on their DL.

Defensively the Steelers looked incompetent. They were caught over and over out of alignment and looked foolish.

The pity is that we did not get to play them in week one. With that defense it would have been fun.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 01:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Right, but if Scobee makes the field goals then it is 26-28 when they score the TD to brown, and a nifty 2 point conversion away from tieing the game. It was a lot closer than people think, and veteran kickers don't miss easy fgs like that most of the time. The suisham injury just literally lost them a game (or left them much farther from it than they could have been).

Those FGs were all over 40 yards and in pretty poor conditions.  Want to make the FG?  Get closer.  New England didn't seem that interested in stopping them.  I couldn't believe it when putzburg ran that stupid end-around to Brown as a passing play and lost 8 yards.  Killed their drive...really all by themselves....as they followed that up with two stupid penalties.  I was grinning ear to ear, of course, but I was really surprised at their stupidity. 

I was similarly grinning watching their defense look completely lost. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 01:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: The players are the ones that need to be focused on Oakland. The rest of us can speculate about anything we want. So why do you worry so much about what we (the fans) are speculating on? In fact, I have no idea why you even bothered to post here.

Must think he is part of the team or sumfin'.
Reply/Quote
It worked out.....Steelers, Browns, Ravens all lost and Bengals won......and we can say it's only week 1, but, who doesn't like starting out in front of the other 3......and any week the Bengals win and the others lose is always a great week. THESE GAMES COUNT in just a 16 game season....This isn't the Reds of 162 games...

This was a great way to start the season. Who Dey Who Dey
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Friday night my HS team (DII) won against a DI opponent.
Saturday am, Arsenal won.
Saturday night OSU won.
Sunday am my men's hockey team won our opener.
Sunday pm the Bengals won.
And to put the cherry on top of the weekend...the steelers, browns and ravens all lost!
Awesome weekend! Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 10:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: I know it is only week 1 and we have a long way to go but we have an advantage in the division we could be in first place by ourselves after just week 1 the steelers will probably lose against New England and the Ravens have a tough matchup against Denver and the Clowns have a tough matchup against the Jets so after this weekend if we win we will already have a slight advantage

Wire to Wire just like the 90 Reds....... ThumbsUp
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:41 PM)Beaker Wrote: Friday night my HS team (DII) won against a DI opponent.
Saturday am, Arsenal won.
Saturday night OSU won.
Sunday am my men's hockey team won our opener.
Sunday pm the Bengals won.
And to put the cherry on top of the weekend...the steelers, browns and ravens all lost!
Awesome weekend!  Cool

Yup, and they all lost to AFC Teams which may come into play at the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:34 PM)kevin Wrote: It worked out.....Steelers, Browns, Ravens all lost and Bengals won......and we can say it's only week 1, but, who doesn't like starting out in front of the other 3......and any week the Bengals win and the others lose is always a great week. THESE GAMES COUNT in just a 16 game season....This isn't the Reds of 162 games...

This was a great way to start the season.  Who Dey  Who Dey

With that attitude no wonder the reds suck
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I was just going to post something about this. Yea it's only week one but we DO have an advantage already in a very tough AFC North division.

Taking that and building on it is what great coaches do...but it's been my experience that Marvin Lewis and the Bengals go out and lay an egg, ruining that momentum.

I'd love to see them prove me wrong though! Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:48 PM)BengalB Wrote: I was just going to post something about this. Yea it's only week one but we DO have an advantage already in a very tough AFC North division.

Taking that and building on it is what great coaches do...but it's been my experience that Marvin Lewis and the Bengals go out and lay an egg, ruining that momentum.

I'd love to see them prove me wrong though!  Cool

Exactly what I was thinking. The week to week  inconsistency needs to be proven wrong.

Reply/Quote
And lead in this division is nice. Wonder how losing Suggs will hurt the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
Definitely a big loss for them. Glad to see the Bengals come out firing on all cylinders.
Reply/Quote