Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise From My Fellow Bengals Members In Cincy Area
Hilton Netherlands is pretty good, especially if you get a room overlooking the stadiums and river and it’s close to fountain square and plenty of bars depending on how old they are.

As for stuff to do the zoo is brilliant, kings island was always good as a kid, ruby’s is a must if you’re making a special trip.

Just stay away from Cincinnati chilli I love everything about the city but that stuff could turn most out of towners in to steelers fans with one bite.
Reply/Quote
Thanks so much for everyone's valuable input. We are going to go over all of your suggestions and plan out our big trip.

When it gets close to game day too and any of you guys are tail gating and going to the game let me know, I'd love to swing by and say hello before watching our first win of the season!
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 12:02 AM)GodFather Wrote: Thanks so much for everyone's valuable input. We are going to go over all of your suggestions and plan out our big trip.

When it gets close to game day too and any of you guys are tail gating and going to the game let me know, I'd love to swing by and say hello before watching our first win of the season!

I'm not sure if we'll be tailgating or just at The Banks, but I'll definitely be there! Come say hi in the crippled section or we can plan to meet somewhere before if you have time!
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2022, 08:41 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Just stay away from Cincinnati chilli I love everything about the city but that stuff could turn most out of towners in to steelers fans with one bite.

Mods, please ban this philistine, immediately.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2022, 08:41 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Hilton Netherlands is pretty good, especially if you get a room overlooking the stadiums and river and it’s close to fountain square and plenty of bars depending on how old they are.

As for stuff to do the zoo is brilliant, kings island was always good as a kid, ruby’s is a must if you’re making a special trip.

Just stay away from Cincinnati chilli I love everything about the city but that stuff could turn most out of towners in to steelers fans with one bite.
[Image: that-is-blasphemy-satan.gif]
(07-05-2022, 04:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mods, please ban this philistine, immediately.

Banning isn't enough.............

[Image: stone-casting-throw.gif]

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2022, 02:41 PM)BengalRed Wrote: You can stay in any hotel that's on the Connector line. The Connector is the rail system that goes from Over The Rhine to the Banks (where both stadiums are) and it's free. There are many fine restaurants in OTR. Don't be afraid to go there. It's far safer than it was 10 or 15 years ago. My daughter lives there and feels totally safe.
Back in the 80s there was only one reason we white suburban kids visited OTR. It came in a little manila envelope and cost $5. I have heard it's changed drastically since those days

(07-02-2022, 06:31 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Embassy Suites right across the bridge, easy walk.

Any of the ones right across the bridge in Ky are good and highly recommend getting a Skyline view room for a little more $.

Cincinnati has good ones as well but nothing compares to the Skyline view rooms in Ky imo. They have such an incredible view of the stadiums and the city as well with it reflecting off the river making it a very picturesque scene.

Easy walk across bridge or they have buses that run every 5 minutes or so to the stadium for only a $1. Parking is much cheaper on this side too, plus less traffic to the freeway if leaving afterwards.
I mentioned before that I travel quite a bit for work and the first thing I do us check for the nearest Embassy Suites. The breakfast and "social hour" make it well worth the cost I've not been to the one in Cincy area, but they are a franchise, so I'd imagine it's of similar quality. The best one I've been to is in DC.

If you decide on Embassy, make sure you join Hulton's Rewards Program..The only thing I'll add to the other suggestions is The Bearcats have a home game that weekend, You might want to see about making a weekend of it. Hell if you can stay a couple days, the Reds are in town against Pitt the next day. Bearcats on Saturday, Bengals on Sunday, Reds on Monday
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 10:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Back in the 80s there was only one reason we white suburban kids visited OTR. It came in a little manila envelope and cost $5. I have heard it's changed drastically since those days

I mentioned before that I travel quite a bit for work and the first thing I do us check for the nearest Embassy Suites. The breakfast and "social hour" make it well worth the cost I've not been to the one in Cincy area, but they are a franchise, so I'd imagine it's of similar quality. The best one I've been to is in DC.

If you decide on Embassy, make sure you join Hulton's Rewards Program..The only thing I'll add to the other suggestions is The Bearcats have a home game that weekend, You might want to see about making a weekend of it. Hell if you can stay a couple days, the Reds are in town against Pitt the next day. Bearcats on Saturday, Bengals on Sunday, Reds on Monday

Quote:Back in the 80s there was only one reason we white suburban kids visited OTR. It came in a little manila envelope and cost $5. I have heard it's changed drastically since those days
Too true. Now it's not uncommon to smell it whenever you walk down the street. But that's the case in most big cities now. 
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 02:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I second this. Embassy also has a really nice made to order breakfast that’s included with the room. The $1 shuttle is right outside and they run through the city as well if you plan on going other places than the game. Plus, if you decide to have an adult beverage, you don’t have to worry about driving. Here is a map & list of destinations for the shuttles. Plus, they run so frequently you won’t find yourself waiting and the shuttles are well maintained. https://cincinnatiusa.com/sites/default/files/Southbank-Shuttle-Map-2018.pdf

Check to see if the trolly is running south of the river in 2022.  It did not last year.  I used it for years.  You save a bunch of money on parking.  Even bigger benefit to me was back in '13-'14 when I had a lot of problems with my knee.  The shuttle drops you off and picks you up right at the stadium closer than any parking lot.  Saves on the walking.

It also worked well for me because I headed south to go home after the games.

Southbank-Shuttle-Map-2018.pdf (cincinnatiusa.com)

The Southbank Shuttle Trolley is currently not running due to the challenges brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic. The Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky, aka TANK, hopes to restart the Southbank Shuttle in 2022.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 10:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The Bearcats have a home game that weekend, You might want to see about making a weekend of it. 

Actually thats a great idea. I know that would be a huge hit for back to back football games. 
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2022, 11:55 AM)GodFather Wrote: I surprised my 2 boys with season opener tickets against the Steelers. The family has always wanted to go to Cincy to be with other fans to enjoy a game and this year we made the splurge(ticket prices it sure is)

My question is, what nice hotel do you recommend walking distance to Paul Brown stadium and any places to explore in the city Bengals related for my boys to enjoy and soak in the Bengaldom 100%?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to week 1!

Lytle Park Hotel is very nice. 
Reply/Quote