Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
After Careful Thought...Trade the #1 pick
I have read post after post on drafting Joe Burrow or Chase Young or trading back to get 4 guys for one pick. Fred's convinced me Joe B. is a very high risk. Thus I have decided we should trade the pick and get the farm in return draft picks and keep AD as our starter. Smirk

Just kidding, let the Joe Burrow era begin, I ill take my chances Joe becomes an all pro year after year very quickly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Yeah, you just can't pass up the prospect of a generational elite starting QB, especially if a team is willing to give up 3 first rounders and a first rounder next year for that player.

I'm not saying that Miami offered up 4 first round draft picks to jump to number 1 this year. I'm saying if that's what a team were to offer, it would be best just to draft Burrow.

What I want to know though is what was Tua's hip injury? Was it a break or what? If its a break, then I think Tua will have arthritis in 5 to 7 years and may be out of the league. At least that's what happened to me after my auto accident where my left hip and neck were broken and now I suffer from arthritis.

If its something that won't cause problems down the line, then take a deal and draft Tua or Herbert.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
We've seen the ceiling with Dalton at QB.

If you have a bunch of really good drafts in a row, surround him with great talent, good O-Line, lots of weapons... - if everything goes just perfectly and falls into place just as planned, everyone stays healthy, they can sneak into the playoffs and lose in the opening weekend wild card round.

Just too hard to win if you don't have a playmaker at QB. No margin for error, and the odds of everything going just right at really long. No more trying to fight with one hand tied behind our back when every other team we face has a playmaker at QB. There were a bunch of games last year where the single difference in the outcome of the game was the other team having a QB who made plays... under pressure, creating when it looked like nothing was there, etc
Reply/Quote
Andy has been a solid QB.
But his skill set has held this franchise back
Time to raise the bar at the most important positon
In football
Reply/Quote
I'm all for drafting Burrow but if we don't fix the OL while we are at it we are putting him behind the eight ball right out of the block.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 11:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'm all for drafting Burrow but if we don't fix the OL while we are at it we are putting him behind the eight ball right out of the block.

That has to be a priority in the draft.  And don't shoot for decent.  Make it a strength.  I'd like to see a G and a T who could come in and start from the beginning.   Would be worth it to sign Jason Peters too.  If they have talked to him like people say, they must be thinking along the same lines.  At least I hope they are.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 11:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'm all for drafting Burrow but if we don't fix the OL while we are at it we are putting him behind the eight ball right out of the block.

This. I'm all for the off season moves, but for a #1 overall pick, at QB, I want him behind a damn good line. He is going to do some rookie things, make some mistakes, but keep him protected. Litmus test will be protection during a Steelers game. They will likely try to stab him or something.
Reply/Quote
Do think the Bengals are poised to be getting nice offers for that 1st pick in 2nd round as well.

Somebody is slipping, they always do and either the Bengals can pounce or get nice trade value for 33rd pick I believe.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 11:50 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Do think the Bengals are poised to be getting nice offers for that 1st pick in 2nd round as well.

Somebody is slipping, they always do and either the Bengals can pounce or get nice trade value for 33rd pick I believe.

I love we get almost 24 hours prior to rounds 2 and 3 to have the time if offers come up or decide on our guy in round 2 at least.
Then time prior to round 4 as well.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 12:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I love we get almost 24 hours prior to rounds 2 and 3 to have the time if offers come up or decide on our guy in round 2 at least.
Then time prior to round 4 as well.

Agree! Especially at top of 2nd. My question for everyone is...who do you take if both Zack Baun and Isiah Wilson are there? I have seen several mocks where both are available. We need to build a great OL around Burrow but Baun is definitely the higher rated pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:56 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Agree! Especially at top of 2nd. My question for everyone is...who do you take if both Zack Baun and Isiah Wilson are there? I have seen several mocks where both are available. We need to build a great OL around Burrow but Baun is definitely the higher rated pick.

That is a tough choice, but a great OL rookie is cheaper than signing a great vet. The rookie OL also could grow with Burrow and Williams.

I take The best OL available,

Reply/Quote
Game is always won in the trenches. Get the o-line some help & keep Joe clean.
Reply/Quote
I killed a gopher with a stick one time.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 11:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I killed a gopher with a stick one time.

I’m calling PETA.

Reply/Quote

You need some new material Fred that one's getting old. 

My first car was a Pacer ? I dunno
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 11:13 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Andy has been a solid QB.
But his skill set has held this franchise back
Time to raise the bar at the most important positon
In football

Hmmm, I'd say it was the Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown draft record that held us back, at least in the last 3-4 years of the Marvin era.  Also it was poor play calling in the playoffs that held us back.  This draft is all about upgrading the offense just as FA was about upgrading the defense.  No knock on Dalton from me.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 08:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have read post after post on drafting Joe Burrow or Chase Young or trading back to get 4 guys for one pick. Fred's convinced me Joe B. is a very high risk. Thus I have decided we should trade the pick and get the farm in return draft picks and keep AD as  our starter.  Smirk

Just kidding, let the Joe Burrow era begin, I ill take my chances Joe becomes an all pro year after year very quickly.

You were about to join the ignore list... LMAO
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 11:22 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: Hmmm, I'd say it was the Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown draft record that held us back, at least in the last 3-4 years of the Marvin era.  Also it was poor play calling in the playoffs that held us back.  This draft is all about upgrading the offense just as FA was about upgrading the defense.  No knock on Dalton from me.

I agree... The list of Bengals who have stepped up in the post season is very short... Cedric Benson, Leon Hall, BJGE, and Vontaze Burfict... That's about it. Andy Dalton was THE ONE holding us back huh?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

No you didn't.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:23 PM)jason Wrote: I agree... The list of Bengals who have stepped up in the post season is very short... Cedric Benson, Leon Hall, BJGE, and Vontaze Burfict... That's about it. Andy Dalton was THE ONE holding us back huh?

Marvin Jones.

Reply/Quote