Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After FA mock draft 3-19.
Ok with the majority of FA done I would like to address the draft now, assuming we sign La'el Collins.

Round 1- Kaiir Elam (CB) (Florida) - 6'1 190

- we need another CB on the outside and he will push Apple right away.

Round 2- Trey Mc Bride (TE) (Colorado St) 6'3 250

- gives us another offensive playmaker and depth over Sample.

Round 3- Chris Hinton (DT) (Michigan) 6'3 305

-rotational depth on the Dline.

Round 4- Rasheed Walker (OT) (Penn ST) 6'5 315

-solid depth at T spot should upgrade overall depth.

Round 5- Danny Gray (WR) (SMU) 5'11 190

- think Hunter Renfrow type player here, nice 4/5 WR

Round 6- Quentin Lake (S) (UCLA) 6'1 205

-nice backup depth/ ST to maybe allow us to cut B.Wilson

Round 7- Kanai Mauga (LB) (USC) 6'1 245

- ST guy backup MLB

Round 7- Chris Oladukun (QB) (S.Dakota St) 6'2 200

- purely a developmental guy, might be better long term than B.Allen.
Reply/Quote
OK, I am not very far down into the weeds on college talent, but I went over to PFF and did a 7 rounder, which they hated.

Rd 1: #31: Daxton Hill, S/CB, Michigan. 6'0", 192.

I could not decide between CB & S so I got a guy who can play a bit of both with 4.38 speed, and cover either safety spot. None of the IOL studs (Linderbaum, Johnson, or Green) fell to me, nor Ojabo or Dean. Booth was gone. Elam was available at CB. Leal at DT. Was hoping Winfrey would be available in the second.

Rd2: #62: Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA, 6'4", 205.

The DTs were all gone: Leal, Hall, Jones, and Winfrey (the pick before). McBride as well. So I decided to take a developmental CB prospect, a converted WR with excellent size and speed who needs some technique refinement.

Rd3: #93: Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State, 6'4", 211.

Was looking TE, but the next wave (Ruckert, etc) were gone, as were most of the other DTs I was interested in. Again, some issues here with drops, but an excellent size/speed combo. Freak athlete. 4.36 40. 38.5" vertical. 11-4 broad jump. We need some WR depth and some non-Chase speed, so I went for it.

Rd4: Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia, 6'7", 265.

Finally got my TE.

I only did 4 rounds. No DT help so far scares me a bit. But I like Hill, Woolen, Watson, and Woods a lot.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:38 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: OK, I am not very far down into the weeds on college talent, but I went over to PFF and did a 7 rounder, which they hated.

Rd 1: #31: Daxton Hill, S/CB, Michigan. 6'0", 192.

I could not decide between CB & S so I got a guy who can play a bit of both with 4.38 speed, and cover either safety spot. None of the IOL studs (Linderbaum, Johnson, or Green) fell to me, nor Ojabo or Dean. Booth was gone. Elam was available at CB. Leal at DT. Was hoping Winfrey would be available in the second.

Rd2: #62: Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA, 6'4", 205.

The DTs were all gone: Leal, Hall, Jones, and Winfrey (the pick before). McBride as well. So I decided to take a developmental CB prospect, a converted WR with excellent size and speed who needs some technique refinement.

Rd3: #93: Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State, 6'4", 211.

Was looking TE, but the next wave (Ruckert, etc) were gone, as were most of the other DTs I was interested in. Again, some issues here with drops, but an excellent size/speed combo. Freak athlete. 4.36 40. 38.5" vertical. 11-4 broad jump. We need some WR depth and  some non-Chase speed, so I went for it.

Rd4: Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia, 6'7", 265.

Finally got my TE.

I only did 4 rounds. No DT help so far scares me a bit. But I like Hill, Woolen, Watson, and Woods a lot.

You want Daxton for his Safety play which is not so stellar or his slot DB/ nickel DB play?  If it's for safety, I'd like someone more pure.  If it's DB, I want a DB that can cover a WR #1 with some size.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:16 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Ok with the majority of FA done I would like to address the draft now, assuming we sign La'el Collins.

Round 1- Kaiir Elam (CB) (Florida)  - 6'1 190

- we need another CB on the outside and he will push Apple right away.

Round 2- Trey Mc Bride (TE) (Colorado St) 6'3 250

- gives us another offensive playmaker and depth over Sample.

Round 3- Chris Hinton (DT) (Michigan) 6'3 305

-rotational depth on the Dline.

Round 4- Rasheed Walker (OT) (Penn ST) 6'5 315

-solid depth at T spot should upgrade overall depth.

Round 5- Danny Gray (WR) (SMU) 5'11 190

- think Hunter Renfrow type player here, nice 4/5 WR

Round 6- Quentin Lake (S) (UCLA) 6'1 205

-nice backup depth/ ST to maybe allow us to cut B.Wilson

Round 7- Kanai Mauga (LB) (USC) 6'1 245

- ST guy backup MLB

Round 7- Chris Oladukun (QB) (S.Dakota St) 6'2 200

- purely a developmental guy, might be better long term than B.Allen.

Would love this, well done Schroomy. Is Quentin Lake a good Returner?
Reply/Quote