Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After That First Half..
(12-05-2017, 04:58 PM)nickndfl Wrote: Football is 60 minutes, not 30. Maybe the Bengals should try girls softball?

Sigh.....I tried to help you out.....guess it was too late.... Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: vintage any "primetime" Bengals game 

I know, instead of getting excited your wondering at what point will the Titanic will sink...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:23 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: All rumors from industry “insiders” is Marv is retiring at the end of the season, so this loss should be the nail in the coffin.

Bigger question is, does MB follow suit. I’d love to see a complete start from scratch approach to the coaching staff with Katie hiring a GM that gets to pick the HC and a HC that gets to pick his entire staff.

The 174 yds in penalties alone should be the nail in MLs coffin. He simply cannot teach his players to play disciplined football....which you need to be able to close good teams out.
Reply/Quote
There was a part of me wanting so badly to believe the switch had flipped. But I knew in my heart after the FG before halftime that was the beginning of the end.

Watching Marvin Lewis led teams in "big games", playoffs, prime time, is like having the same playmate in every issue of Playboy for 15 years. You know what's coming next !
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 07:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There was a part of me wanting so badly to believe the switch had flipped. But I knew in my heart after the FG before halftime that was the beginning of the end.

Anyone who didn’t think that hasn’t been paying attention!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: I felt last nights game encapsulated Marvin Lewis career here. A guy that can never finish with his team.

It really did. Other recurring themes, sloppy/stupid plays, and just generally not having control of the team.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Marvin Lewis to the Pit of Misery! Dilly, dilly!
[Image: dillydilly.jpg]

Great in theory, but you know he'd just giggle in there and clap his hands and say, we have to do better, you have to give more misery. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:40 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Brilliant summary of 15 wasted years.

Stubborn coach who cannot make half time adjustments and won't play rookies who are better than starters who have big contracts.

Stubborn owner who gives life time tenure to favored assistant coaches regardless of performance, refuses to hire scouts, refuses to build indoor facility, refuses to sign key free home grown free agents to roll over cap money that is never used.

The last two years were all destined to happen and were completely predictable following Mike Brown's failure to fire Marvin and staff after the 2015 playoff debacle against Steelers.

What college or professional organization would keep a coach who has a 2-14 record at home against biggest rival, not to mention poor record against other upper level teams, prime time disasters, and record breaking futility in playoff games.

This record of repeated failure and refusal to make changes is inconceivable with any other sports organization except the Mike Brown Bengals.

What fan base besides loyal Cincinnati fans would continue to support this inept organization.

cleaning house doesn't always work....some organizations do this every 2-3-4 years & they still suck & have no stability at all...
but whatever....i'm sure, right or wrong, you are never going to change your position on this topic....
Reply/Quote