Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After a 5 game analysis....
Anyone Changing their preseason predictions?

I started, preseason at 9-7. After 5 games I am changing it to 7-9.
Reply/Quote
8-8
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Nope I'm just hoping and praying we can right the ship. I never give in till we are out.
Reply/Quote
I predicted we'd match last season at 12-4.

We look more like an 8-8 team so far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
13-3.

After crushing Tom Brady at his homecoming our confidence soars and carries us through the Super Bowl W.
Reply/Quote
Well I think I said 11-5, I'll stick with it (maybe 10-6). When I said that though I thought we'd be a much more impressive 11-5. The bengals will lose this weekend and everyone will flip a lid. Then win 2 in a row before the bye to even the record. Then go on a big streak against a bunch of inferior and good not great opponents. This will build up the confidence and expectations of most of the fan base, and will inevitably be followed by another horrible soul crushing playoff debacle. Just the way the bengals roll
Reply/Quote
We may not even split with cleveland this season. 6-9-1
Reply/Quote
5 or 6 wins. This team has already cashed it in for this year. The interviews after the game showed no spark whatsoever.
Reply/Quote
I had 11-5 and I don't believe in changing predictions, but if I had to put my mortgage on it, I would say this team will finish below .500. I'm praying for some miracle, but I don't see it happening. Not with this coaching staff, panty-waste scheme, and lack of toughness in the locker room.
Reply/Quote
For me, it's 5 games in.  The offense has struggled consistently. The defense has shown some spark but clearly not on the level to carry a sputtering offense like the 2000 Ravens.

Not so sure that they can beat Washington and finish .500 for the first half.
Reply/Quote
I had said 11-5, but don't think there is any way possible this team gets to double digit wins. Through five games this team has only looked decent against Miami, and even then could not get in the end zone against a terrible team. To me, this team has the look of 6-7 wins. I hope I'm wrong, but really think 6-10 is a distinct possibility.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:45 AM)BengalD Wrote: 5 or 6 wins.  This team has already cashed it in for this year.  The interviews after the game showed no spark whatsoever.

How much of a spark would you have as a football team when your head coach punts at own 40 on a 4th and 1 and kicks a 50 yard field goal on a 4th and 5 with a shaky kicker down same 21. 
Reply/Quote
I'm sticking with my same prediction.   6-10
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I didn't post my prediction because i didn't feel like defending myself after being ripped because i am lazy like that. However i did point out quite a few times how tough the schedule was and backed it up with evidence suggesting we don't do well in certain places. (Dallas, New York, New England) and of coarse against the Steelers. Those all had/have the potential to be six loses however we did get the Jets monkey of our back. The Giants are still up in the air because we have never beat them in NY. New England is going to beat us as will the Steelers.

I also didn't see us sweeping Baltimore again so there is another loss. I had Cleveland stealing one from us but i'm not so sure now because they suck. The London game was leaning L but i wasn't 100% there.

I thought we would beat Denver.

The Texans have our number. This might be a really important game if we turn it around a bit.

Philly and Buffalo suddenly look scary, i had both penciled in as W's. Not so sure anymore.

hmm

@NE/L
Cle/W
London/W
@NY/W
Buffalo/W (we need this for perhaps tiebreaker)
@Balt/L
Eagles/L
@Cle/W
Pitt/L
@Tex/??? (maybe decides WC or stay home)
Balt/W

8-8 or 9-7

But i wouldn't be surprised w/6-10 which just so happens to be my gut pre-season prediction..

Because That PO debacle felt like a soul crushing team killer.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 11:29 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: How much of a spark would you have as a football team when your head coach punts at own 40 on a 4th and 1 and kicks a 50 yard field goal on a 4th and 5 with a shaky kicker down same 21. 

I totally agree!!! dumbshit coaching as usual!!! Sick
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:39 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Anyone Changing their preseason predictions?

I started, preseason at 9-7.  After 5 games I am changing it to 7-9.

Yep.  6-10 or 7-9.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 12:11 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Nope I'm just hoping and praying we can right the ship. I never give in till we are out.

This for now

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I don't really do predictions, but a couple of facts after 5 games...

They are 0-3 vs teams that currently have winning records and have been outscored 47-81 in those games.

Their 2 wins are against 2 teams that have 2 wins total between them, and managed just 3 TD's in in those games.

11 games to go yet, and a lot can happen in that time, but so far they've been underwhelming...to say the least.

Hopefully, they can get the problems figured out and fixed somehow (sooner rather than later) and go on a roll.
Reply/Quote
8-8 for me. I thought this would be the year we missed the postseason before the season and I'm absolutely certain of that now. I don't think we've disappeared or the window is shut or whatever, but I think this is an off-season.
Reply/Quote
Dude, I predicted we'd come in between 10-6 and 12-4. A wide, safe spread. Looks like I'm going whiff badly this year. If the team continues to make a parade of mistakes each game, it could end up with only 5 or 6 wins.

Reply/Quote