Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After next year, Atkins/Dunlap/MJ are all free agents
(12-15-2017, 04:08 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Sadly Mike Brown has a history of panic draft moves. The Ross pick last year smells of panic and I wrote about that on draft day.
Disagree with this. When Lap gave his prediction of the Bengals’ pick a day or two before the draft started, he said John Ross. He’s been pretty spot on for at least a few years now so I believe it was known that the Bengals really wanted Ross regardless of who else was available at 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 04:26 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Why not see what Dunlap can get in trade?  New England routinely trades players they think they can’t resign one year before they lose them

Sent from mhy iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not KEEP Dunlap because, you know, he's the best Pass Rusher in your Franchise's history?

I've never understood why people want to trade away your most important assets: like when all the Jays fans wanted to trade Halladay in 2010. 

He was the best pitcher in the world and you were willing to trade him away for "prospects," that amounted to almost literally nothing (team actually would've been better off GIVING him away, in hindsight).

So hold on to Dunlap.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:46 PM)Trademark Wrote: The Bengals will probably let all three walk because we have a clown running the franchise

Honestly, why would any of them want to come back?  Why wouldn't all of them look at Whit and want to follow that path?

I'd say it'll be more of a matter of not being able to keep them.  We might very well be looking at a parade out of town.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Lightbulb 
(12-17-2017, 10:44 AM)N Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Why not KEEP Dunlap because, you know, he's the best Pass Rusher in your Franchise's history?

I've never understood why people want to trade away your most important assets: like when all the Jays fans wanted to trade Halladay in 2010. 

He was the best pitcher in the world and you were willing to trade him away for "prospects," that amounted to almost literally nothing (team actually would've been better off GIVING him away, in hindsight).

So hold on to Dunlap.

It has nothing to do with Dunlap the player.  It is more about can or will the bengals keep him, Gino, aj and whomever else is due for big salary.

I don't trust ebenezer to pull this off.  You can only tag so many players.  If I were some of those guys I'd want the hell outta here while there is still a market for me.  And go to a winner.

What's the harm in seeing what you can for one of them?
Reply/Quote
Team will get blown, AJ Green deserves to be on winning team. Time to reset on Andy too. The Carson/Ocho --> Andy/AJ era is coming to a close.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote