Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After rewatching the game...observations:
I'm starting to think this Chase dude is kind of good at the WR position. Think we'll be able to afford him after his rookie contract is up? Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 08:52 AM)grampahol Wrote: And the single worst long hair look of anyone to wear long hair.. I say that as a lifelong long hair person.. Smirk

To be fair, he is probably trying to de-emphasize his head.  
Reply/Quote
Nice article here on burrows movement in the pocket. Something I picked up on in game but not with this level of analysis

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/film-breakdown-joe-burrow-jamarr-chase-dominate-ravens
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 07:27 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Chase is a WR built like a RB.

He made me thing of Steve Smith, Sr from the first time I laid eyes on him during LSU championship playoffs. 
Compact, tough, deceptive speed.
Reply/Quote
I will add a few.

1. Mixon/ Perrine never got hit in the backfield
Or stopped for negative yardage up until the 4th
Q. When Cincy was merely running the clock out.
That means the oline was winning at the point
Of attack.

2. Back to the running game..when Tate is in
The Bengals run the ball

3. The Ravens were only able to get chunk plays
In deep crossers.

4. On that Burrow INT, Perrine was wide open 10 yds downfield

5. The LBers were excellent in their run fits
Reply/Quote
I'd like to add one, also...

We deservedly gave Higgins and Boyd hell early in the Game Day thread.
However, after re-watching the game last night on NFL Network, I gotta say...
They really stepped it up after their early miscues... ESPECIALLY HIGGINS.

He was overshadowed by Uzo and Chase, but he definitely deserves some props!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 06:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote:   5.) Higgins mistimed his jump on a deep pass that would have been an easy pass interference if he stopped and jumped straight up, as the defender was beat and not looking for the ball at all.  I am sure his receivers coach will cover that in practice.  He is getting open, the ball was just a little underthrown.  The play where he spun like a top was PI and pathetic not to be called.

I remember that play live, I'll have to rewatch game but believe it was fairly early in the game. But yes I couldn't believe they didn't flag that.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 12:10 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I'd like to add one, also...

We deservedly gave Higgins and Boyd hell early in the Game Day thread.
However, after re-watching the game last night on NFL Network, I gotta say...
They really stepped it up after their early miscues... ESPECIALLY HIGGINS.

He was overshadowed by Uzo and Chase, but he definitely deserves some props!

Yes Higgins got off to a rough start but he really kicked in with some nice catches later in the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 12:14 AM)J24 Wrote: Yeah I don't know if anyone is tougher than Smith that dude was legit crazy.

(10-27-2021, 08:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, only Chase is taller, faster, and has more insane routes.  Smith was tough as nails, though, and tracked the deep ball incredibly well.  

Pound for pound Steve Smith III was probably the toughest player I have ever seen in the NFL.

(10-27-2021, 08:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Lawrence DID win the coveted "Head most likely to be confused as a horse head" award.  Man, I so want to measure that dome.  It's MASSIVE. 

Do you think it beats Peyton's dome? LOL  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 08:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Lawrence DID win the coveted "Head most likely to be confused as a horse head" award.  Man, I so want to measure that dome.  It's MASSIVE. 

(10-27-2021, 04:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Do you think it beats Peyton's dome? LOL  Hilarious

I think it's a tie....they both are DOME-inant.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 08:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have said it before but the WR that Chase reminds me of the most is Steve Smith WR of the Panthers back in the day.

Steve Young just said the same thing today and he said that Chase might be even tougher, I don't know about that but Chase 
does seem faster and has the same ball skills and is a bit bigger. Both built like RB's but with fantastic hands.

Thank you!  I've been thinking all week who he reminds me of and this is it!  
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 10:51 AM)G man Wrote: Nice article here on burrows movement in the pocket. Something I picked up on in game but not with this level of analysis

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/film-breakdown-joe-burrow-jamarr-chase-dominate-ravens

very nice
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 09:07 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm starting to think this Chase dude is kind of good at the WR position. Think we'll be able to afford him after his rookie contract is up? Mellow

Once he learns how to catch he'll be ELITE.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 05:00 PM)rupe Wrote: Thank you!  I've been think all week who he reminds me of and this is it!  

You are welcome!  Rock On Knew I wouldn't be the only one to see it!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 05:08 PM)Stewy Wrote: very nice

Yeah, Rapien wrapped up the game about perfect honestly. Well done by him. Funny we had about the same prediction.

I predicted the Ravens win 31-28. Happy we were both wrong lol
Reply/Quote
The Ravens scored just after the two minute warning . . . the quote from Kevin Harlan with 1:51 remaining "Ja'marr Chase has been a little quiet today with 1 catch for 9" then he commented how great he is in the last two minutes of the 1st half.

1st with 188 yards
1st with 47.0 per reception (4 receptions)
1st with 3 TDs

Then Chase for 6
Chase for 13
Then later Chase for 26(amazing)

Now it's 7 catches for 233 for a 33.4 average in the last two minute of the half and the Bengals have scored in the last two minutes of the half in 6 of the 7 games.

The catch that he fumbled on the sideline at the end of the half was his 8th and final grab of the game(27 yards) with 17 seconds left in the 3rd quarter.

That means that he caught 7 balls for 192 yards in less than 17 minutes of game play. Burrow was over 400 yards on that last catch by Chase so he blew past that before the third quarter was over.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:28 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The Ravens scored just after the two minute warning . . . the quote from Kevin Harlan with 1:51 remaining "Ja'marr Chase has been a little quiet today with 1 catch for 9" then he commented how great he is in the last two minutes of the 1st half.

1st with 188 yards
1st with 47.0 per reception (4 receptions)
1st with 3 TDs

Then Chase for 6
Chase for 13
Then later Chase for 26(amazing)

Now it's 7 catches for 233 for a 33.4 average in the last two minute of the half and the Bengals have scored in the last two minutes of the half in 6 of the 7 games.

The catch that he fumbled on the sideline at the end of the half was his 8th and final grab of the game(27 yards) with 17 seconds left in the 3rd quarter.

That means that he caught 7 balls for 192 yards in less than 17 minutes of game play. Burrow was over 400 yards on that last catch by Chase so he blew past that before the third quarter was over.

Good stuff, Vinyl.  I actually agree with not using him all the time and spreading it around.  He has been an absolute beast in so many situations, but especially when they operate out of hurry up.  Makes you wonder how they could keep teams on their heels if they did more hurry up.  With the extra time afforded over the bye week...maybe give a Raiders a dose of it when they aren't expecting it?  
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 04:48 PM)Stewy Wrote: I think it's a tie....they both are DOME-inant.

[Image: 70b4dd542dc9528e772b9c8705618f66.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 08:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: [Image: 70b4dd542dc9528e772b9c8705618f66.jpg]

I think Peyton has a five-head, but I swear Lawrence's is even longer.  It is absolutely enormous.  
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 11:47 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: He made me thing of Steve Smith, Sr from the first time I laid eyes on him during LSU championship playoffs. 
Compact, tough, deceptive speed.

He is a lot bigger than smith.

He reminds me of a guy who does not get enough credit for being one of the best WRs of his generation. Torry Holt.  For the decade from '00-'09 no WR had more receptions or yards than Torry Holt.  He led the league in receiving yards twice ('00, '03) and finished in the top 10 for 8 straight years ('00-'07)  And Holt is almost exactly the same size as Chase (6'0", 200)
Reply/Quote