Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Again....who is "We"
(04-17-2022, 04:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm hoping we have more to choose from next time than Joe (senile dementia) Biden, Hillary (professional criminal) Clinton, and Donald (egotistical teenage clown) Trump.

What's wrong with same old crap? I mean it's mostly been fine for ~250 years. Especially if you ignore that Whig nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 07:13 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Not sure. Just remember a bunch of nonsense spewed from someone somewhere sometime ago.

I wonder why it had you so bothered that I said it, though.

Nice cop out.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 09:30 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Lol, sure, if you say so. Pass that shit over here.

Sure seems like almost every time he goes off script they have to walk something back. You know Psaki and Klain are off stage rolling their eyeballs into the back of their brains when he starts ad-libbing, ready to yank him out of there with a cane.

What can I say. I have yet to come across someone that actually likes Biden or the job he's doing. And I can see why. That being said, I just do not find him all that embarassing, confused and horrible as you paint him to be either. 

Eg. I do not percieve that he has to be corrected from his staff all the time. And the OP is also quite a reach, to put it mildly.

Admittedly though, my perception maybe indeed has something to do with the guy before him, might make Biden look better in comparison to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 08:24 PM)hollodero Wrote: What can I say. I have yet to come across someone that actually likes Biden or the job he's doing. And I can see why. That being said, I just do not find him all that embarassing, confused and horrible as you paint him to be either. 

The first part of this basically explains the second part of it. I’m not painting a thing. Old confused man is obviously old and confused.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 11:03 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The first part of this basically explains the second part of it. I’m not painting a thing. Old confused man is obviously old and confused.

He's obviously old, sure. And he is Biden, a gaffe machine and not a natural born speaker. But he is not obviously confused. Think of him what you will, but I see that man reacting to changing scenarios with Ukraine, orchestrate a unilateral western response, he talks to other leaders, gives speeches and answers questions from journalists. At no point was he standing there and wondering where he is or what an Ukraine is or anything like that.

And this is not me calling him brilliant for any of that, but it is not a confused and clueless man with dementia. That just takes it too far out of the realm of reality.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 07:20 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Nice cop out.

Matches your fits.
Reply/Quote
The deep state.
Reply/Quote
Chy-Nah!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 09:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Chy-Nah!

China did our vote and this election was stold.
Reply/Quote
This is further proof that some people think the POTUS is a dictator/king who can do anything he wants at anytime.  Kinda like DJT thought.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 10:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: This is further proof that some people think the POTUS is a dictator/king who can do anything he wants at anytime.  Kinda like DJT thought.

https://twitter.com/johnjharwood/status/1515783323213352969?s=21

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 11:43 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: https://twitter.com/johnjharwood/status/1515783323213352969?s=21

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Exactly.  Glad to see you agree.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 12:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Exactly.  Glad to see you agree.

Sure, you know me! You think President “Buck Stops With Me” agrees with that take?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 01:09 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Sure, you know me! You think President “Buck Stops With Me” agrees with that take?

Of course he does.  Anyone who understands how government works and the responsibilities of the position will take the blame even as they try to fix/help without the ability to unilaterally make whatever changes he feels necessary.

Say Biden wants to temporarily end the gas tax.  He can want all he wants, he can't make it happen.  Just as an example.

He can offer suggestions demand changes but there is a limited amount he can do.

At least he is willing to take responsibility.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 01:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: At least he is willing to take responsibility.

For?
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/katehydeny/status/1516094000284979204?s=21

Topical!

Edit: Cmon now, funny is funny.

https://twitter.com/st7v7ns/status/1516096583997313033?s=21
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 01:37 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: For?

that's what the phrase "the buck stops here" means.  He may not hold a press conference to say "Hey, we failed and this is all my fault." but he realizes that in the end people will blame him so he will take it.

(04-18-2022, 01:42 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: https://twitter.com/katehydeny/status/1516094000284979204?s=21

Topical!

Edit: Cmon now, funny is funny.

https://twitter.com/st7v7ns/status/1516096583997313033?s=21

I love ten second clips that show Biden stuttering that imply he is "incoherently mumbling".  Really hits home how they don't have anything else so they continue to point out that he stutters.

Oh, and the bunny doesn't talk so how else would they tell him it's time to go do something else?

But the desperation is fun to watch!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 11:23 PM)hollodero Wrote: He's obviously old, sure. And he is Biden, a gaffe machine and not a natural born speaker. But he is not obviously confused. Think of him what you will, but I see that man reacting to changing scenarios with Ukraine, orchestrate a unilateral western response, he talks to other leaders, gives speeches and answers questions from journalists. At no point was he standing there and wondering where he is or what an Ukraine is or anything like that.

And this is not me calling him brilliant for any of that, but it is not a confused and clueless man with dementia. That just takes it too far out of the realm of reality.

Have you ever been around someone with dementia and watched it progress. It's very obvious in Biden's case. The confusion and the anger and lashing out are all symptoms. Naw, he's not confused at all.....

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 08:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Have you ever been around someone with dementia and watched it progress. It's very obvious in Biden's case. The confusion and the anger and lashing out are all symptoms. Naw, he's not confused at all.....

I don't know, man. My mother has dementia and I visit her often to help take care of her. She doesn't act like this, or I should say that Biden doesn't act like her. Dementia is a complex disease, so I am sure it manifests in a variety of weird ways but it feels very strange and far-fetched for people to play armchair neurologist and talk about how obvious it is that he is demented. I get it, today's politics are based around attacks primarily (Biden is demented, Trump is a Russian agent, Obama was born in Kenya and is a Muslim etc.) but I think it is valuable to stay grounded in objectivity. 
Reply/Quote
I can't help but feel like the current GOP fixation on mental acuity is the biggest glass houses situation since that 1980 Billy Joel album.
Reply/Quote