Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age check
(04-09-2016, 09:41 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: [Image: 51BH9RG9A4L.jpg]

I have this one and it still works.
Uses 9v.
And then you get kind of bored and come up with new things.  Like take a punt backwards to the 1 and see if you could pull off the 99 yd play.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 08:54 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I remember those days.

It didn't matter whether you made the field goal so much as long as you whapped the other guy in the face real good! Hilarious
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 06:33 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I thought you were going to say one of these...

[Image: th?id=OIP.M70255c176033344556781d2fbea62...0&pid=15.1]

Hit.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 10:58 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: It didn't matter whether you made the field goal so much as long as you whapped the other guy in the face real good! Hilarious

Drawing blood was a bonus! LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 10:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: And then you get kind of bored and come up with new things.  Like take a punt backwards to the 1 and see if you could pull off the 99 yd play.

[Image: giggle.gif]

Yeah I remember that.  That always seemed to happen.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I had the original Mattel football game (the white case), but doing a quick search brought me to this:

The Pulsonic Baseball game. I forgot I even owned one until I saw itin Google's image results and I recognized it instantly. Think it broke in relatively short order.

[Image: 4bb0fa3bd7dd8_23477n.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 08:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I had the original Mattel football game (the white case), but doing a quick search brought me to this:

The Pulsonic Baseball game.  I forgot I even owned one until I saw itin Google's image results and I recognized it instantly.  Think it broke in relatively short order.

[Image: 4bb0fa3bd7dd8_23477n.jpg]
Yup had that one too.  The part at the top would flip up and the other player would pitch.

I think mine broke within a relatively short time as well.

I suppose slamming on that batter's button would do it as opposed to the football games.
Reply/Quote
And of course there were these before the handhelds. I think this is the one that I had...Vikings/Raiders.

[Image: 010.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I remember this stupid piece of crap game.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 09:19 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I remember this stupid piece of crap game.

Yup... had that one.
That guy sucked...lol

I had the drag racing game, later.

Reply/Quote
I actually go back further than the hand helds. We had Talking Monday Night Football and see action football.

Talking football came with about 10 offensive plays on little records. You would put it in the player and your opponent, would select the defense by looking at the back of the record and pushing it in on the D her wanted. See Action were a couple strips of film that were put one on top of the other and you slide it through a projector.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 09:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I actually go back further than the hand helds. We had Talking Monday Night Football and see action football.

Talking football came with about 10 offensive plays on little records. You would put it in the player and your opponent, would select the defense by looking at the back of the record and pushing it in on the D her wanted. See Action were a couple strips of film that were put one on top of the other and you slide it through a projector.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mf041a74f7f6a4dce2e456a25b3588...0&pid=15.1]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 09:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I actually go back further than the hand helds. We had Talking Monday Night Football and see action football.

I never saw a Talking one, but we had this one...

[Image: il_570xN.240203645.jpg]

Offense was on the long side of the stadium, and defense on the short side.

Each player slid the lever to the point of the play you picked on the card you have inserted, and then the person on offense would squeeze the button.

The result of the play would light up on the field at the intersection of the two levers.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 09:31 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Yup... had that one.
That guy sucked...lol

I had the drag racing game, later.

Wow, I had forgotten about Digital Derby. Had one of those too. Didn't have Red Line, but one of my friends did. I loved that game, but by the time I discovered it, it was already DC'ed. I remember my mom trying to track one down but couldn't. Obviously in the days before Ebay. 
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 09:08 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: And of course there were these before the handhelds. I think this is the one that I had...Vikings/Raiders.

[Image: 010.jpg]

When ours broke, we would tap fast but lightly with half a cue stick. Called it tap football. Worked pretty well.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Being the geek that I was I had the game "NFL Strategy". It had about 30-40 offensive play cards. Each offensive play card had hundreds of possible outcomes. There were also about 10 different defensive cards. You laid the defensive card on top of the offensive card and the holes in the defensive card narrowed the possible outcomes to 4 or 5 different possibilities groups. Each group had 3 different outcomes depending on if the play was ran from the right hash, middle of the field, or left hash. Instead of rolling dice you flipped a little bead on a spring and it would land in one of 4 or 5 different zones to determine the outcome of the play.

I loved it but the problem was that none of my close friends really liked playing it. So I played games by myself. I would pick the offensive play and then shuffle and blind draw a defense. I kept stats and would play a 14 game season with an 8 team league (56 games) followed by a 4 team playoff. I had certain teams that ran the ball more, and some teams that threw all the time.
Reply/Quote
Man I remember all that stuff! I used to go between the football game and these classics. Remember these?

[Image: 20673554284_78e56dd12b_b.jpg]

[Image: Mattel_Electronic_Soccer,_Made_in_Hong_K..._Game).jpg]

[Image: Battlestar_Galactica_by_Mattel_Electroni..._Game).jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 09:41 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: [Image: 51BH9RG9A4L.jpg]

I have this one and it still works.
Uses 9v.

Everyone had that one while i played this one

[Image: Coleco_Electronic_Quarterback.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Being the geek that I was I had the game "NFL Strategy".  It had about 30-40 offensive play cards.  Each offensive play card had hundreds of possible outcomes.  There were also about 10 different defensive cards.  You laid the defensive card on top of the offensive card and the holes in the defensive card narrowed the possible outcomes to 4 or 5 different possibilities groups.  Each group had 3 different outcomes depending on if the play was ran from the right hash, middle of the field, or left hash.  Instead of rolling dice you flipped a little bead on a spring and it would land in one of 4 or 5 different zones to determine the outcome of the play.

I loved it but the problem was that none of my close friends really liked playing it.  So I played games by myself.  I would pick the offensive play and then shuffle and blind draw a defense.  I kept stats and would play a 14 game season with an 8 team league (56 games) followed by a 4 team playoff.  I had certain teams that ran the ball more, and some teams that threw all the time.

That's the saddest thing I've ever read.  

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 04:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That's the saddest thing I've ever read.  

How is that sadder than all of the other guys here who spent just as much time alone playing a game that was 1000 times more simple and required 1/1000th of the mental acumen?

Repeatedly pushing three different buttons for hours is much sadder than playing complex strategy games.
Reply/Quote