Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aggressiveness
Earlier in the year when we went for it on 4th and missed and let the Vikings back in the game people were upset, Bates was upset and so on. Taylor talked to the team and told them this was our new identity. Aggressive and analytical when the game is on the line.

Fast forward to Green Bay...I know it was 2 games ago but the Bills game made me think about this and also the talking heads after the Packers game. 3 plays specifically I will mention.

3rd and 5 at the 42...Rush Perine for 3 yards to attempt a 57 YD FG.

3rd and 2 at the 33 or even the 4th and 1 at the 32...rush Mixon for 1 yard and attempt a 49 YD FG

Kickers are missing left and right. Something was weird with the wind that day.

Why not put the ball in Burrow's hands and let him make a play with all the options we have? Any of the 3 plays above could have won the game. He is our best player.

What happened to that aggressive play style? I know Evan should have made the 49 but there were like 6 kicks missed that day.
Reply/Quote
Because hindsight is 20/20
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 11:46 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Earlier in the year when we went for it on 4th and missed and let the Vikings back in the game people were upset, Bates was upset and so on.  Taylor talked to the team and told them this was our new identity.  Aggressive and analytical when the game is on the line.

Fast forward to Green Bay...I know it was 2 games ago but the Bills game made me think about this and also the talking heads after the Packers game.  3 plays specifically I will mention.

3rd and 5 at the 42...Rush Perine for 3 yards to attempt a 57 YD FG.  

3rd and 2 at the 33 or even the 4th and 1 at the 32...rush Mixon for 1 yard and attempt a 49 YD FG

Kickers are missing left and right.  Something was weird with the wind that day.

Why not put the ball in Burrow's hands and let him make a play with all the options we have?  Any of the 3 plays above could have won the game.  He is our best player.  

What happened to that aggressive play style?  I know Evan should have made the 49 but there were like 6 kicks missed that day.
keep the Defense guessing.... If we pass every 3rd down they will always know its a pass.   
Reply/Quote
Here's how Zac does all his playcalling:

[Image: 1062294872_1024x.jpg?v=1572394573]
Reply/Quote
Sometimes you gamble with your QB, sometimes with RB and sometimes kicker. You can't be right 100% of the time..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Make the field goal and we’re 5-1.Better play calling and we’re 6-0.Zac hasn’t figured out how to drive this Lamborghini yet.Hopefully he takes control against the Ravens and figures it out.It’s cost us 2 losses thus far.
Reply/Quote