Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ah CRAP!!!
Last time they did this, Maualuga and about 5 others had knee injuries....
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/New-Turf-Being-Installed-at-Paul-Brown-Stadium/6a5d8b7d-3b79-452c-b546-ce0eb91b5426
Reply/Quote
It could be worse . They could just say screw it, lay concrete and old fashioned astroturf.. I remember landing on that stuff a few times . T'werent fun.. It was like landing on concrete and astroturf.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 12:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Last time they did this, Maualuga and about 5 others had knee injuries....
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/New-Turf-Being-Installed-at-Paul-Brown-Stadium/6a5d8b7d-3b79-452c-b546-ce0eb91b5426

Hmm... I'm going to go out on a limb and say those injuries happened for reasons other than the new turf (Hopefully  Ninja)

Also, I see that the Brown family "B" is sticking around Whatever I was naively hoping that the leaping tiger or just the tiger head would be at midfield
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 12:23 PM)grampahol Wrote: It could be worse . They could just say screw it, lay concrete and old fashioned astroturf.. I remember landing on that stuff a few times . T'werent fun.. It was like landing on concrete and astroturf.. 

Lol, good ole Gramps. Smirk

(05-03-2018, 12:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Hmm... I'm going to go out on a limb and say those injuries happened for reasons other than the new turf (Hopefully  Ninja)

Also, I see that the Brown family "B" is sticking around Whatever I was naively hoping that the leaping tiger or just the tiger head would be at midfield

Yeah, sure hope it wasn't the turf's fault.

It isn't the stuff they had in Detroit i hope that all those guys including Irons went down on i hope. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 12:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Hmm... I'm going to go out on a limb and say those injuries happened for reasons other than the new turf (Hopefully  Ninja)

The B does kind of suck, but it could be worse. It coulda been a big tiger turd.. Come to think of it I've never actually seen a tiger turd up close so maybe it looks like a big B every time  ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

If I remember right, it was due to their cleats sticking in the new turf.... it was an Act Global product.
Reply/Quote

I remember years ago on the old board, I brought up how we're one of the very few teams that doesn't use the first letter of the city.

It should be a C for Cincinnati, but instead they use a B for Bengals/Brown family. 

As much credit as I give the Bengals for this offseason, they've always been terrible at PR. I think it would generate good will with the city to make a big unveiling of a new C logo and dedicate it to the people of Cincy. Then make a Bengals HOF. They could also copy the Reds and do a Bengals-fest.

----------------

To the OP: We seem to have come a long way with the turf at PBS, so I'm not worried. Those first few years were awful and nearly ruined poor Neil Rackers' career.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'd like a couple of those big rolls to lay in my backyard and I would so lay the endzone stuff in the front yard, just to piss off the Seahawk fans around me!
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If I remember right, it was due to their cleats sticking in the new turf.... it was an Act Global product.

Possibly... That was in 2012, correct? I do remember an insane amount of leg injuries that year. But I feel like cleats get stuck in field turf everywhere, new or not... Or maybe fieldturf does have to be broken in, I honestly don't know.

I guess we'll find out soon enough  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 01:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I remember years ago on the old board, I brought up how we're one of the very few teams that doesn't use the first letter of the city.

It should be a C for Cincinnati, but instead they use a B for Bengals/Brown family. 

As much credit as I give the Bengals for this offseason, they've always been terrible at PR. I think it would generate good will with the city to make a big unveiling of a new C logo and dedicate it to the people of Cincy. Then make a Bengals HOF. They could also copy the Reds and do a Bengals-fest.

----------------

To the OP: We seem to have come a long way with the turf at PBS, so I'm not worried. Those first few years were awful and nearly ruined poor Neil Rackers' career.

Agreed. There is little doubt in my mind that the B stands for "Brown" Like you said, everywhere else a letter logo represents the city. Not with the Browns in town :rolleyes:

I hated the B the second I saw it. I was relieved that we were keeping the tiger head as a secondary logo and I loved seeing the leaping tiger at midfield. Not it feels like the Browns have been slowly phasing out the tiger in favor of that punkass B  :whatever: 

Nepotism at its finest. 
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 12:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Last time they did this, Maualuga and about 5 others had knee injuries....

?

They have never done this as this turf is new and best turf used in the world?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I had a dream that my boy Pacman was playing centerfield for the Orioles.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 02:30 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Agreed. There is little doubt in my mind that the B stands for "Brown" Like you said, everywhere else a letter logo represents the city. Not with the Browns in town Rolleyes

C'mon people.  stop making stuff up just to hate on the Brown family.

[Image: indiana_pacers.png]

[Image: HTS-MLB-OAA-C2008-01.jpg]

[Image: colorado-avalanche-logo.jpg]

[Image: Seattle_Mariners_logo_1987_to_1992.png]
Reply/Quote
It's kind of easier to tiger stripe a B than a C, yo! You feel me?!?!
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 02:25 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Possibly... That was in 2012, correct? I do remember an insane amount of leg injuries that year. But I feel like cleats get stuck in field turf everywhere, new or not... Or maybe fieldturf does have to be broken in, I honestly don't know.

I guess we'll find out soon enough  Nervous

And if you look at 2013, OMG, Atkins, BJGE, Larry Black, Leon Hall, Maualuga, there must have been twenty players with leg injuries. Personally, I think it was probably a shitty (can we say that) installation.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 03:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ?

They have never done this as this turf is new and best turf used in the world?

Yeah, and the field turf they put down in 2012 was the newest and best at the time as well.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon people.  stop making stuff up just to hate on the Brown family.

[Image: indiana_pacers.png]

[Image: HTS-MLB-OAA-C2008-01.jpg]

[Image: colorado-avalanche-logo.jpg]

[Image: Seattle_Mariners_logo_1987_to_1992.png]

Point taken, but let's not pretend like nepotism isn't a well-known Brown family trait 
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 06:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And if you look at 2013, OMG, Atkins, BJGE, Larry Black, Leon Hall, Maualuga, there must have been twenty players with leg injuries. Personally, I think it was probably a shitty (can we say that) installation.

Ugh... Don't remind me... Though somehow that team still won the division with all those injuries  Cool

But didn't Larry Black get hurt on the practice field and Geno get hurt in Miami? And I thought Leon Hall went down in Detroit.

I don't remember exactly when or how BJGE and Mauluga got hurt 
Reply/Quote
Yayyyy knee injuries this year!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 09:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Ugh... Don't remind me... Though somehow that team still won the division with all those injuries  Cool

But didn't Larry Black get hurt on the practice field and Geno get hurt in Miami? And I thought Leon Hall went down in Detroit.

I don't remember exactly when or how BJGE and Mauluga got hurt 

Yep, it doesn't say where the injuries occurred, but if their legs took extra strain at home because of a crappy turf installation, that may well contribute to them going out in other places. Maybe it's not connected, but look up the chart on 2013 injuries and there are literally 20+ players who missed all or part of the season with leg injuries of one type or another. Coincidence, maybe, but I remember during the year thinking that new turf had to go..... 
Reply/Quote