Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahah! Proof officials are all honest..
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/10/19/nfl-referees-fight-back-against-accusations-biased-officiating/782477001/

The argument seems to be that they would never be biased because they're graded.. Graded by who? The league who gives them their marching orders? The push back seems to suggest that since they're graded they'd never cheat just like kids in school who are graded and of course nobody would ever cheat because they're graded.. 
What utter nonsense.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This Green dude is essentially calling fans idiots. Why is the NFL trying so hard to push fans away? (It's working on me, btw). Or has their hubris just grown that large?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
All you have to do is watch a Steelers game and you have proof their biased big time. This article is completely bull shit!

Reply/Quote
So the argument that they’re calling fair games is because this green guy says so.... sounds legit. Screw the stats and what we can all see with our eyes
Reply/Quote
all you had to do is know they wanted the raiders to win last night.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 07:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: All you have to do is watch a Steelers game and you have proof their biased big time. This article is completely bull shit!

Could have swore I saw that they hit their record amount of penalties during that Jags game. See what happens when the refs actually make calls against that team.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Dead Horse
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 10:12 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Could have swore I saw that they hit their record amount of penalties during that Jags game. See what happens when the refs actually make calls against that team.

do we get that crew sunday?
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 09:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: all you had to do is know they wanted the raiders to win last night.

Well the Raiders being relevant is good for the NFL, especially with that move to Vegas looming. Had they lost last night, they would've moved to 2-5 which would be a tough hole to dig from. If the NFL does influence games, I don't think it's every game. Just key games for the teams they want to be/remain relevant.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Hey, if Jason Wittlock can be fitted with a tin foil hat that's all the proof you need. (see Brian Tuohy's article, http://www.thefixisin.net/nfl2017.html on the subject...funny stuff)
We're all just conspiracy theorists and the sun doesn't really rise in the east because if you're in a spaceship way out in the vast vacuum of space there really is no north or south and wood doesn't grow on trees. It grows in them! 
I mean who are we mere mortals to question the unquestionable wisdom of Roger? After all, he's the greatest genius money can install at the top of the league food chain.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 02:48 AM)grampahol Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/10/19/nfl-referees-fight-back-against-accusations-biased-officiating/782477001/

The argument seems to be that they would never be biased because they're graded.. Graded by who? The league who gives them their marching orders? The push back seems to suggest that since they're graded they'd never cheat just like kids in school who are graded and of course nobody would ever cheat because they're graded.. 
What utter nonsense.. 

Didn't read the article, but does the person making this argument realize that if the refs are indeed honest, then they're clearly and massively incompetent? 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Do basically he is saying they just suck at their job??
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 02:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Didn't read the article, but does the person making this argument realize that if the refs are indeed honest, then they're clearly and massively incompetent? 

No, it's a Mike Brown mind trick to make you only think you're seeing things on the field and incompetence and/or bias. Just one glance at a picture of old Mikey will make you believe that the Bengals will win the super bowl and officials are all perfect citizens in an otherwise screwed up world.  I looked at one of those pictures myself and see what it did to me.. I'm beyond all hope. 

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 01:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well the Raiders being relevant is good for the NFL, especially with that move to Vegas looming. Had they lost last night, they would've moved to 2-5 which would be a tough hole to dig from. If the NFL does influence games, I don't think it's every game. Just key games for the teams they want to be/remain relevant.

Like the Saints after Katrina?

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 02:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Like the Saints after Katrina?

Or the 05 Steelers ?
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 02:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Like the Saints after Katrina?

Patriots after 9/11? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 02:48 AM)grampahol Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/10/19/nfl-referees-fight-back-against-accusations-biased-officiating/782477001/

What utter nonsense.. 

Yeah...being graded by the NFL is a joke.

IF they wanted to make officiating better, they should outsource the grading to a separate service and then stick with the results.

That said, sports happen quick on the field and officials don't get the benefit of a replay or slow motion...so some mistakes are going to happen. It just seems like the mistakes happen in favor of certain teams more than others.
Reply/Quote
I hate to be that guy, but I truly don't believe NFL officials are corrupt. Do they miss calls? Sure...but I don't believe there is widespread cheating going on.

It's much easier to blame officials than it is to own that the Steelers simply have our number.

Hope that changes Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 08:17 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: I hate to be that guy, but I truly don't believe NFL officials are corrupt. Do they miss calls?  Sure...but I don't believe there is widespread cheating going on.

It's much easier to blame officials than it is to own that Steelers simply have our number.

The Steelers and Patriots are managed about 1000 times better than the Bengals...no doubt.

People take solace that Katie may be running things, and I agree that change is good...but would any team hire her as their GM should she be so inclined to leave?

That said, the fine differential between Burfict and Mitchell is highly curious.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 08:17 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: I hate to be that guy, but I truly don't believe NFL officials are corrupt. Do they miss calls?  Sure...but I don't believe there is widespread cheating going on.

It's much easier to blame officials than it is to own that Steelers simply have our number.

Why would you hate to be that guy? You should hate yourself if you're all these other people blaming the Bengals ineptitude on refs. The refs forced the Vikings to make 5 turnovers so the Saints could win...They forced Kurt Warner to throw the pick 6 before the half...
From my knowledge there has not been a single person who has come out saying they've been asked to fix a game by the NFL. People really think not a single person would have been a whistleblower in all of this time? Get serious. 
Reply/Quote