Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahah! Proof officials are all honest..
There is the problem of not having full time refs. And there is the bigger problem of the damn rules being so cloudy and fuzzy and open to interpretation. And then the biggest problem of all is the NFL believing it can do whatever the hell it wants.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 12:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: do we get that crew sunday?

You know the league cant allow Pittsburgh to get embarrassed like that more then once during the regular season.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 08:17 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: I hate to be that guy, but I truly don't believe NFL officials are corrupt. Do they miss calls?  Sure...but I don't believe there is widespread cheating going on.

It's much easier to blame officials than it is to own that the Steelers simply have our number.

Hope that changes Sunday.

I don't like to speak for other people without their permission, but I think, for most of us, the issue isn't that there's widespread cheating, but rather that officials are heavily biased towards certain teams and/or players. It's why a guy like Burfict has to be careful on EVERY play whereas Mitchell can go trying to intentionally hurt people and as long as it's not a QB will not have to worry about repercussions. It's why a team like the Steelers can get away with holding by their offensive line. 

There are a multitude of examples that a reasonable person would have no choice but to say, it certainly LOOKS like biased calls.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 09:55 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't like to speak for other people without their permission, but I think, for most of us, the issue isn't that there's widespread cheating, but rather that officials are heavily biased towards certain teams and/or players. It's why a guy like Burfict has to be careful on EVERY play whereas Mitchell can go trying to intentionally hurt people and as long as it's not a QB will not have to worry about repercussions. It's why a team like the Steelers can get away with holding by their offensive line. 

There are a multitude of examples that a reasonable person would have no choice but to say, it certainly LOOKS like biased calls.

In the Chiefs vs Raiders game the Raiders were hitting Kelce in his route. They were doing same thing that got Burfict suspended lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 10:19 AM)Synric Wrote: In the Chiefs vs Raiders game the Raiders were hitting Kelce in his route. They were doing same thing that got Burfict suspended lol.

True, but those hits were within a couple of yards of the LOS whereas the Burfict hit was 7-8 yards downfield as I recall.
Reply/Quote
If i'm being honest with myself i cannot prove actual bias BUT i can prove the officials are terrible and appear to be biased.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 10:40 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: True, but those hits were within a couple of yards of the LOS whereas the Burfict hit was 7-8 yards downfield as I recall.

No Burfict was right about 5 yards from the LOS
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 10:40 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: True, but those hits were within a couple of yards of the LOS whereas the Burfict hit was 7-8 yards downfield as I recall.

It was?  I could have sworn it was right behind the LOS.  I don't think Burfict was even eight yards from the QB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 12:10 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If i'm being honest with myself i cannot prove actual bias BUT i can prove the officials are terrible and appear to be biased.

Well, like somebody brilliantly said in another thread, they're either biased or incompetent.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 12:34 PM)McC Wrote: It was?  I could have sworn it was right behind the LOS.  I don't think Burfict was even eight yards from the QB.

Yep you’re right, I was thinking it was like 4-5 yards but it was actually right near the LOS
Reply/Quote