Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airline passenger thrown off flight after Bengals rant
(02-11-2022, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What the hell is up with people going nuts on planes.

Seems like I see something like this every day now.

Fear of flying leading to anxiety/stress?

Some people also hate being packed like sardines with 100+ other people.

Add that with some people don't handle stress well, and boom...incidents.

Sometimes it's just Karen's, but I've seen many incidents where the the attendant was being an ass. They're human, too.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fear of flying leading to anxiety/stress?

Sometimes it's just Karen's, but I've seen many incidents where the the attendant was being an ass. They're human, too.

Most likely to be true response ^
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fear of flying leading to anxiety/stress?

But none of that has really changed that much over the last 2 years.

People are just going crazy.  Look at the crime stats.  I bet if there are stats on "road rage" that has probably rising dramatically. 
Reply/Quote

i need a drink just to get on one
Reply/Quote

You're correct but usually it's either alcohol or just plain meanness/arrogance that is the common denominator. You can tell me all day that the guy with the fear of flying or anxiety/stress guzzles down a couple to relax but, imo, that's excusing the mass murderer for having a bad childhood. It is what it is and it's simply happening too much at a time when eyes/ears have been far more alert to these instances.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What the hell is up with people going nuts on planes.

Seems like I see something like this every day now.

Which means the stories are fake/lies/propaganda
Reply/Quote
Sorry to take this thread OT.

This line of discussion has nothing to do with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Here is some data on unruly passengers from the FAA.

2021:
https://www.faa.gov/data_research/passengers_cargo/unruly_passengers/2021_archive/

2022:
https://www.faa.gov/data_research/passengers_cargo/unruly_passengers/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But none of that has really changed that much over the last 2 years.

People are just going crazy.  Look at the crime stats.  I bet if there are stats on "road rage" that has probably rising dramatically. 

Well I'm sure constant covid talk, lockdowns and unprecedented political division have increased society's general stress level, so add that to it.

But also, people are more prone than ever to whip out their phone to capture these freak outs for their snap o grams or insta-tocks. Very possible that it's not happening more than ever, just that it's being captured more than ever.

That goes for a lot of things in society today.

(02-11-2022, 05:06 PM)higgy100 Wrote: You're correct but usually it's either alcohol or just plain meanness/arrogance that is the common denominator. You can tell me all day that the guy with the fear of flying or anxiety/stress guzzles down a couple to relax but, imo, that's excusing the mass murderer for having a bad childhood. It is what it is and it's simply happening too much at a time when eyes/ears have been far more alert to these instances.

Alcohol obviously factors into a lot of stupid decisions. Like deciding to knock up a girl you've only dated for one month.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote