Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aj McCarron Injured
Looks like our QB has an achilles inj

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I haven't seen any reliable sources that have confirmed or even talked about this yet.

If true, it's awfully shitty timing. Carr and Mariota both hurt again, and Vikings unsure on Bradford health.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr 39m39 minutes ago
More Paul Dehner Jr. Retweeted Field Yates
McCarron showed up on injury report Wednesday with Achilles injury. He was a full participant today, though.Paul Dehner Jr. added,

Field YatesVerified account @FieldYates
Source: after working out for the Titans earlier this week, QBs Matt Barkley, Matt McGloin and T.J. Yates worked out for the Bengals today.
2 replies 4 retweets 5 likes
Reply 2 Retweet 4 Like 5 Direct message

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 06:38 PM)pally Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr  39m39 minutes ago
McCarron showed up on injury report Wednesday with Achilles injury. He was a full participant today, though.Paul Dehner Jr. added,

Source: after working out for the Titans earlier this week, QBs Matt Barkley, Matt McGloin and T.J. Yates worked out for the Bengals today.
Reply 2   Retweet 4   Like 5   Direct message

Thanks.

See, that's some important information that needs to be added with the thread. Lol 

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 06:38 PM)pally Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr  39m39 minutes ago

Reply 2   Retweet 4   Like 5   Direct message

Hmm...if Mac is fine, why are we working out QB's?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 06:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hmm...if Mac is fine, why are we working out QB's?

Able to take part in practice and fine to play in a game are different things.  Either way, there needs to be information gathered on who to call if he ends up NOT being fine.
Reply/Quote
Lol. I just checked out Matt McGloin's PFR page, and apparently his nickname is "Red Rifle".

He's another red head. Heads will burst if we sign him. Hilarious

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McGlMa01.htm
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 06:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hmm...if Mac is fine, why are we working out QB's?

caution..just in case it flares again

they were already in town before AJ was cleared so might as well take a look

preparing to trade AJ so want someone ready to be signed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 06:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Able to take part in practice and fine to play in a game are different things.  Either way, there needs to be information gathered on who to call if he ends up NOT being fine.

If you fully participate in practice though, it usually means you're good to go for game day.
Reply/Quote
Just not that kneeling, shit stirring jackass, who will not be named here.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 06:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol. I just checked out Matt McGloin's PFR page, and apparently his nickname is "Red Rifle".

He's another red head. Heads will burst if we sign him.  Hilarious

Now, I want him on the team. Get him now. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 06:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol. I just checked out Matt McGloin's PFR page, and apparently his nickname is "Red Rifle".

He's another red head. Heads will burst if we sign him.  Hilarious

God please not mcgloin... He's awful.

Imagine if we signed notorious Bengal killer TJ Yates  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 06:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Now, I want him on the team. Get him now. 

He even wore #14 in Oakland and is the same size as Dalton. 
Reply/Quote

The injury is an elaborate ruse in order to snatch TJ Yates out of FA so another team can't pick him up and use him against the Bengals, while not letting anyone know they're scared of another team picking him up.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 07:00 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: God please not mcgloin... He's awful.

Imagine if we signed notorious Bengal killer TJ Yates  Ninja

I wouldn't say McGloin is awful. Most of his starts came in his rookie season. That year he led the Raiders offense to 24+ points in 4 starts out of 6. For a rookie backup on a bad team, his numbers were respectable.

But yeah, Yates would also be a very interesting signing. I'd almost sign him just to keep him away from other teams. Talent-wise, I think McGloin is the better choice, but Yates has killed us. Kinda reminds me of Gradkowski though. Grad killed us too, but he was a pretty awful backup.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 06:53 PM)pally Wrote: caution..just in case it flares again

This I could see. If AJ was going to be moved, you have to have a back-up plan in place. I know the Bengals are completely inept at times but they'd remember to sign a back-up QB one would think.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 06:53 PM)pally Wrote: caution..just in case it flares again

(10-05-2017, 07:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This I could see. If AJ was going to be moved, you have to have a back-up plan in place. I know the Bengals are completely inept at times but they'd remember to sign a back-up QB one would think.

While I quickly dismissed it in my mind, this was the first thing I thought of. Could he be moved soon? Naaahhhhh.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 06:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If you fully participate in practice though, it usually means you're good to go for game day.

Usually, but we don't know how it will respond tomorrow.

Limited yesterday.  Full today.  PROBABLY ok tomorrow, but we just don't know yet. 

Best to do your due diligence and have something in mind in the event is doesn't respond well overnight.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 09:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Usually, but we don't know how it will respond tomorrow.

Limited yesterday.  Full today.  PROBABLY ok tomorrow, but we just don't know yet. 

Best to do your due diligence and have something in mind in the event is doesn't respond well overnight.

Right on. Guess I'm just hoping for a trade for some o-line help.

In truth, they're probably getting their list ready in case Mac takes a turn for the worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 06:58 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: Just not that kneeling, shit stirring jackass, who will not be named here.

Colin Kaepernick. Are you talking about Colin Kaepernick? Are you referring to Colin Kaepernick as the kneeling quarterback?

I think you're talking about Colin Kaepernick in this situation.

(10-05-2017, 07:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The injury is an elaborate ruse in order to snatch TJ Yates out of FA so another team can't pick him up and use him against the Bengals, while not letting anyone know they're scared of another team picking him up.

I'd be all for signing Yates to a lifetime contract to the Bengals.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote