ADG will have surgery on his injured foot and is likely done for the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The LB play was already average at best. Now the situation
Just got worse. Im not expecting much
From Clay Johnston who has been a complete
Non factor since being drafted.
Reply/Quote
Damn it. Hopefully he bounces back. Need these LB injuries to chill out.
Reply/Quote
Get Jaylon Smith in here ASAP
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Or we can finally see what we have in Markus Bailey?

I'm not too concerned at this point. ADG is a backup . . . he's being replaced by a backup. They'll get by.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Get Jaylon Smith in here ASAP

Not that this really means anything but a while back before he was released by the Cowboys I was reading their forums and the fans seemed done with him. I know how fickle fans can be but usually there is reason behind it when it seems to be a widespread opinion as it seemed over there. Sounds like his play fell off a cliff for some reason. Not sure what is going on with him. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 12:20 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Not that this really means anything but a while back before he was released by the Cowboys I was reading their forums and the fans seemed done with him. I know how fickle fans can be but usually there is reason behind it when it seems to be a widespread opinion as it seemed over there. Sounds like his play fell off a cliff for some reason. Not sure what is going on with him. 

Yeah, missed tackles have become a problem as I've read. But maybe a change of climate can help. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Get Jaylon Smith in here ASAP

yes, why not!?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 11:56 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Or we can finally see what we have in Markus Bailey?

I'm not too concerned at this point. ADG is a backup . . . he's being replaced by a backup. They'll get by.

Baily is on the COVID list

Reply/Quote
Where is Vinny Ray......

j/k
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 12:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Where is Vinny Ray......

j/k

lol...actually he is really close...he is the team chaplain

Reply/Quote
We need to draft another LB in rds 1 or 2 next year. Logan Wilson is good, maybe even great, but the rest of the group is subpar. Both ADG and Pratt have had moments, but there is more to be desired IMO. I was hoping we would draft Parsons last year, but plenty happy with Chase. I think we’ll be in perfect position to get a good LB next year if they are out there… How good could this group be of Wilson was the 2nd best LB on the team??
Reply/Quote
Too bad, I thought ADG was coming along. I knew it would take time with him as raw as he was coming out of that
small school. Really like this guy for the future. Agree with Bfine on bringing in Jaylon Smith, Calitro is not the answer.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 02:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We need to draft another LB in rds 1 or 2 next year. Logan Wilson is good, maybe even great, but the rest of the group is subpar. Both ADG and Pratt have had moments, but there is more to be desired IMO. I was hoping we would draft Parsons last year, but plenty happy with Chase. I think we’ll be in perfect position to get a good LB next year if they are out there… How good could this group be of Wilson was the 2nd best LB on the team??

I'd be ok with adding another LB early...if they properly address OL, DB, and TE in FA.
The Bengals have to worry about Spain, Reiff, Bates, Uzomah, and Phillips leaving.
That's 4 key starters and one of the first depth players off the bench.
Then you have to worry about whether Waynes is worth keeping around.
And finally, C and RG are below average currently.

Plenty of potential spots to upgrade before LB, IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 11:24 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd be ok with adding another LB early...if they properly address OL, DB, and TE in FA.
The Bengals have to worry about Spain, Reiff, Bates, Uzomah, and Phillips leaving.
That's 4 key starters and one of the first depth players off the bench.
Then you have to worry about whether Waynes is worth keeping around.
And finally, C and RG are below average currently.

Plenty of potential spots to upgrade before LB, IMO.

Phillips can bounce, they don't even play him 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 11:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Damn it. Hopefully he bounces back. Need these LB injuries to chill out.

Lb's are like Rb's, they get injured. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 03:51 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Phillips can bounce, they don't even play him 

They need him for returns even more now with Wilson injured.
Regardless, if he leaves, that's another roster spot they have to fill.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Huge loss for us! ADG is our best coverage LB and most Athletic LB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Bailey will be off the COVID list tomorrow so he should be ready for Sunday

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 05:32 PM)pally Wrote: Bailey will be off the COVID list tomorrow so he should be ready for Sunday

Good news, thought Bailey actually played well against the Browns, him and Pratt.
Reply/Quote