Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akeem Davis-Gaither re-signed
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1767343639401738268
Reply/Quote
Good news, I wanted ADG back. I know he struggled at times but he still has upside and if used correctly I think could be really good.

I am for bringing back Markus Bailey as well who always plays good.
Reply/Quote
Awesome!

Under-rated.

Glad he doesn't see the field much due to injury. Tons of value!
Reply/Quote
Who-Dey
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who-Dey

Some days even special teamers get paid.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good news, I wanted ADG back. I know he struggled at times but he still has upside and if used correctly I think could be really good.

1 year 3 million
Reply/Quote
I'm glad to have ADG back. He's a good depth/rotational piece and Simmons likes him on ST.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good news, I wanted ADG back. I know he struggled at times but he still has upside and if used correctly I think could be really good.

I agree but I’d make Bailey maybe our last sign. With Wilson and Pratt having down years I’d like to see someone brought in to push them. Let Bailey walk and gimme Isaiah Simmons. High upside who’s fizzled out in zona. May be cheap-ish and I believe would push the LB room to play better.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 09:04 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: I agree but I’d make Bailey maybe our last sign. With Wilson and Pratt having down years I’d like to see someone brought in to push them. Let Bailey walk and gimme Isaiah Simmons. High upside who’s fizzled out in zona. May be cheap-ish and I believe would push the LB room to play better.

1. Bailey knows the team/system better
2. Bailey's not as athletic, but has better instincts
3. This would be for the 4th LB position, so not a lot of capital should be used up.

Re-sign Bailey and then focus on other, more-pressing matters.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Given the Bengals schedule this year, and how much the opponents run the ball, I hope he gets used more.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 10:44 AM)dxdtdemon Wrote: Given the Bengals schedule this year, and how much the opponents run the ball, I hope he gets used more.

Akeem is a coverage/rush LB, NOT a run stopper (he's basically at S weight) and stopping the run isn't one of his strengths anyways.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:39 PM)pulses Wrote: 1 year 3 million

Cheap, I like it.

(03-12-2024, 09:04 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: I agree but I’d make Bailey maybe our last sign.  With Wilson and Pratt having down years I’d like to see someone brought in to push them.  Let Bailey walk and gimme Isaiah Simmons.  High upside who’s fizzled out in zona.  May be cheap-ish and I believe would push the LB room to play better.

I think ADG could be just what you want actually, he is a good cover backer with range. Simmons is this, but I doubt we sign him
after the ADG signing. We just need to use ADG better, he has pass rush to his game and could be very good in blitz packages.

(03-12-2024, 10:06 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. Bailey knows the team/system better
2. Bailey's not as athletic, but has better instincts
3. This would be for the 4th LB position, so not a lot of capital should be used up.

Re-sign Bailey and then focus on other, more-pressing matters.

(03-12-2024, 12:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Akeem is a coverage/rush LB, NOT a run stopper (he's basically at S weight) and stopping the run isn't one of his strengths anyways.

Completely agree Truck. Rock On
Reply/Quote