Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Al Golden making 3rd down/pass rush calls?
Reply/Quote
So he’s the guy calling 3 man rushes in 2020 against vet QBs like Rivers?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
That's odd. I know some assistants to the Coordinator are responsible for packages (Guenther for Zimmers blitz), but typically the DC makes the calls.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

That explains a lot, as the pass rush is about as bad as the LBs attempting to stop the run.  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Does that mean he's also calling plays in the 2 minute defense? Those are rush packages.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

This is kind of a new trend. I know Raheem Morris, now the head coach in ATL, was doing this last year as a way to get him more involved. It is interesting that promotion led to his move to DC and then finally interim head coach now.
Reply/Quote
So that needs to stop. Seems pretty simple. “You don’t do that anymore.”
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
So, now we know for sure that Lou sucks and Golden sucks, too. Watch Zac Turner try to replace Lou with Golden at the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:58 PM)Housh Wrote: So he’s the guy calling 3 man rushes in 2020 against vet QBs like Rivers?

Non-mobile vets at that.
Reply/Quote
Were 22nd in third down percentage this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Well sounds weird to me, don't care for a lot of the Play Calling on Defense but a lot of it is just some of the players not 
executing and getting home. I think the LB play has improved even with rookies starting so Golden isn't all bad. That TD 
catch by the TE on Wilson wasn't all bad on Wilson, he played it as good as he could and ADG made some good plays.

Just figured Lou would be calling the 3rd down/pass rush calls.

Might not be any better though.

(10-20-2020, 09:20 PM)J24 Wrote: Were 22nd in third down percentage this season.

Not good enough.
Reply/Quote
Makes sense. He was a 34 guy, and we keep going to a 3 man rush.

And we stink at it, just like the other places he ran it at...
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Makes sense.  He was a 34 guy, and we keep going to a 3 man rush.

But most 3-4 defenses still rush at least 4 to 6 each down. The only times I see Pissburgh and the Ratbirds rush 3 is on 3rd and 20.

Whoever is in charge of the prevent deffense should have their play calling suspended immediately.

Every game is Cincinnati and the Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very Bad Prevent Defense (the rights may or may not be owned by Disney)
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Makes sense.  He was a 34 guy, and we keep going to a 3 man rush.

I gotta get you on this one man. No 3-4 D rushes 3 consistently. The Steelers and Ravens are examples. When they go 3-4 you best believe at least one of them linebakcers is on a delay blitz
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 10:44 PM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: But most 3-4 defenses still rush at least 4 to 6 each down. The only times I see Pissburgh and the Ratbirds rush 3 is on 3rd and 20.

Whoever is in charge of the prevent deffense should have their play calling suspended immediately.

Every game is Cincinnati and the Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very Bad Prevent Defense (the rights may or may not be owned by Disney)

(10-23-2020, 12:51 AM)Housh Wrote: I gotta get you on this one man. No 3-4 D rushes 3 consistently. The Steelers and Ravens are examples. When they go 3-4 you best believe at least one of them linebakcers is on a delay blitz

I wasn't implying that was all that is allowed.  Hell, the greatest pass rusher of all time was a 3-4 OLB.  But you aren't required to rush a LB, and the only time you see an end drop out of a four man front is when running a zone blitz concept, unless you are trying to disguise something that was really a 3-4.  I think Groh is pushing 3-4 concepts, which is why we are rushing 3 and have 2 of our greatest pass rushers of all time unhappy with the roles they are given.

Just my $.02
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well sounds weird to me, don't care for a lot of the Play Calling on Defense but a lot of it is just some of the players not 
executing and getting home. I think the LB play has improved even with rookies starting so Golden isn't all bad. That TD 
catch by the TE on Wilson wasn't all bad on Wilson, he played it as good as he could and ADG made some good plays.

Just figured Lou would be calling the 3rd down/pass rush calls.

Might not be any better though.

Not good enough.

As written above, this happens a lot more often nowadays; hell, (not directed at you, Nate) didn't Guenther call 3rd downs from 2011-2013? We were pioneers! LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 02:03 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As written above, this happens a lot more often nowadays; hell, (not directed at you, Nate) didn't Guenther call 3rd downs from 2011-2013? We were pioneers! LOL

Yeah, guess I was never notified lol
Reply/Quote