Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Waynes may not be cut...
(02-16-2022, 02:57 PM)Housh Wrote: Worst contract we’ve given out in my time as a fan beside Odom

Odom actually played well for us before he tore his Achilles.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 02:27 PM)casear2727 Wrote: he might actually retire instead.  He hasnt played but a few snaps the last 2 years, he wasnt given a look when Awuzie was hurt and he is approaching 30.

I bring this up as I'm not sure what impact retiring has on Dead Cap vs cutting?  Might be the very same.

Waynes cap hit in 2022 is $15.86M with a dead cap of $5M.

Looking for every penny...

He isn't retiring, that would be stupid on his part as we could go after his signing bonus. 
Reply/Quote
This is the absolute worst Bengals signing ever... Get him outta here...
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 05:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: He isn't retiring, that would be stupid on his part as we could go after his signing bonus. 

That is kind of what I was getting at. I thought there may be some cash we could save or recoup, also going after his bonus is a team option, not mandatory right?
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 06:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: That is kind of what I was getting at. I thought there may be some cash we could save or recoup, also going after his bonus is a team option, not mandatory right?

If he retires from a cap standpoint his bonus actually accelerates so we take the cap hit just like he was cut. In terms of recouping of money, that is money which is different than cap. Remember, the cap is not actual dollars spent it is a system for accounting for value but not year to year cash. We could go after a proration of his signing bonus, but even if we did the team saves nothing in cap. It is up to the team to recoup and I would guess they would, but it does nothing for us in terms of cap space. 
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 05:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: He isn't retiring, that would be stupid on his part as we could go after his signing bonus. 

Right why would he retire when gets getting paid to do notihng. lol
Reply/Quote
Regardless whether Waynes retires or not, he needs to be off the team.
2-3 spots need to be upgraded on the OL, even at the expense of safety, CB, DT, TE, WR, RB.
Burrow had a torn ACL and MCL in 2020. He got a sprained MCL in the Super Bowl.
He's the clear reason the Bengals were as successful as they were.

Protect him at all costs.

Use draft picks to replace/upgrade the defense and/or weapons if you have to. I wanna see if Anarumo can actually draft DBs and DL successfully. All we've really seen thus far with any success is Logan Wilson. Ossai was out all year, Shelvin barely played. Sample was just meh (I think he needs to be playing inside, on passing downs at least).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 06:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Regardless whether Waynes retires or not, he needs to be off the team.
2-3 spots need to be upgraded on the OL, even at the expense of safety, CB, DT, TE, WR, RB.
Burrow had a torn ACL and MCL in 2020. He got a sprained MCL in the Super Bowl.
He's the clear reason the Bengals were as successful as they were.

Protect him at all costs.

Use draft picks to replace/upgrade the defense and/or weapons if you have to. I wanna see if Anarumo can actually draft DBs and DL successfully. All we've really seen thus far with any success is Logan Wilson. Ossai was out all year, Shelvin barely played. Sample was just meh (I think he needs to be playing inside, on passing downs at least).

Absolutely, Joe is the franchise.  He would be amazing with a good OL and may not play 5 years getting sacked constantly.  Protect Joe!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 05:24 PM)Nepa Wrote: I'm interested to hear more about your experience.

Not wanting to chance hearing in case its of the necrophiliac variety. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 03:02 PM)Pezmerga Wrote: Antonio Bryant was bad too.

Goodness, so true. And Michael Westbrook before him too.
Reply/Quote