Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Al Sharpton Says Floods in Texas are ‘God’s Rebuke’
http://www.youngcons.com/insane-al-sharpton-says-floods-in-texas-are-gods-rebuke/

Quote:It seems that racist, tax evading Al Sharpton has once again flown off the rails, as this time he’s insinuated that the Texas floods are punishment from God.

Up to this point, 19 Americans have been tragically killed in the torrential rainfall; 13 in Texas and 6 in Oklahoma. In addition, over 20 others are still listed as missing.

On his syndicated talk show, Al Sharpton stated:

“Talking about the weather, all of the storms, the tornadoes, the flooding in Texas. Is this a rebuke from God, which many callers said today it is. And others are saying it is just a natural result of man using fossil fuels and abusing the environment — and it’s climate change, global warning. We’ve done it to ourselves.”

[Image: sharptontweet.jpg]

Fortunately all the good Christians know that God does not punish us for anything! 

Quote:If we use the same logic as Sharpton here — and such a task requires a whole lot of dumbing down — then that means every single major natural disaster is a judgment from God on the people of those specific regions.

Yeah. I doubt that.

I believe in the absolute sovereignty of God, which includes His power and authority over the weather, but I also believe that when the Almighty allows some disaster like the floods in Texas to occur, it’s not because He’s angry, but because He has a plan, and sometimes that plan includes calamity.

Now it’s obvious here that Sharpton wants to use this sort of rhetoric for political purposes of some kind, because that’s how he makes his bread and butter.

I’m pretty sure no one with a brain even listen’s to this man’s show, so it’s likely his attempts to use God and religion to stir up trouble will fall through.

Meanwhile, I’m going to continue to pray this guy decides to retire and buys a home in the mountains somewhere far away from the rest of humanity and is never heard from again.

And good Christians never, ever, ever would claim a natural disaster is just part of some grand plan by God to punish people he disagreed with.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-28-2015, 04:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.youngcons.com/insane-al-sharpton-says-floods-in-texas-are-gods-rebuke/

Fortunately all the good Christians know that God does not punish us for anything! 

And good Christians never, ever, ever would claim a natural disaster is just part of some grand plan by God to punish people he disagreed with.

Mellow

I can't stand Al Sharpton about as much as I can't stand Anne Coulter :snark:
(05-28-2015, 04:31 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I can't stand Al Sharpton about as much as I can't stand Anne Coulter :snark:

Agreed.

I'm not a fan of any of the talking heads.

Other than this one:
[Image: talking-heads-dance-o.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
When I was 16, I bought my first bong from a little local head shop. The thing was loud and obnoxious and deserved a name fitting. My friend decided we call it Sharpton and the name stuck until it exploded on a tile floor 8 months later. R.I.P. Sharpton, we will never forget.
[Image: bey.gif]
Yep, Texas has never flooded before.  Never in history.    God trying to wipe out the fossil fuel capital.