Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Al Smith Fund Raising dinner
Trump and Clinton were there telling "joke" (that neither wrote and one didn't read ahead of time).

I heard more of Trump's on the radio this morning and it was probably the best he's sounded during the entire campaign.  The jokes were even funny.  I enjoyed those parts.

Then he got, what is the word...."nasty"...and the crowd booed him.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-clinton-meet-after-final-debate-al-smith-dinner-n670401

There's a Youtube video of the entire even but it is two hours long so you can search for the speeches/bits yourself.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I watched it on CSPAN last night, and it was cringe worthy. Trump started off pretty good, got some good laughs, and then he went into the same sort of rhetoric he has been saying on the campaign trail, which resulted int he crowd turning on him. Then came Clinton, who was more self-deprecating than Trump, who really only made one joke that could be counted as "at his own expense" IIRC (though it was really at Melania's expense), but she still was just as aggressive as him. The room received her better, likely from a combination of her jokes being better written and the room was just being friendlier towards her in general.

I was not very pleased with what happened. When you compare this to Romney and Obama four years ago, this was just terrible. A very stark contrast, for sure.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-21-2016, 09:55 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I watched it on CSPAN last night, and it was cringe worthy. Trump started off pretty good, got some good laughs, and then he went into the same sort of rhetoric he has been saying on the campaign trail, which resulted int he crowd turning on him. Then came Clinton, who was more self-deprecating than Trump, who really only made one joke that could be counted as "at his own expense" IIRC (though it was really at Melania's expense), but she still was just as aggressive as him. The room received her better, likely from a combination of her jokes being better written and the room was just being friendlier towards her in general.

I was not very pleased with what happened. When you compare this to Romney and Obama four years ago, this was just terrible. A very stark contrast, for sure.

I thought his line about modesty being his best quality was funny too.  But yeah, he can't stay with it.  He's not a "funny" guy even thought he can be funny.  If that makes any sense.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Both had a couple of funny lines, but like Matt said they attacked each other more than making fun of themselves. That kind of ruined the mood.
Anyone see the guy behind Trump to the right of the screen? If not, check out when Trump drops the line about Hillary being so corrupt she go kicked off of Watergate.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(10-21-2016, 10:17 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Anyone see the guy behind Trump to the right of the screen? If not, check out when Trump drops the line about Hillary being so corrupt she go kicked off of Watergate.

See, I found that funny, it just wasn't the right setting for it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-21-2016, 10:17 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Anyone see the guy behind Trump to the right of the screen? If not, check out when Trump drops the line about Hillary being so corrupt she go kicked off of Watergate.

Sorry, couldn't take my eyes off the woman in the red dress.

JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.