Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/06/biological-male-allowed-compete-female-high-schoolers-alaska/ 

I believe I said this would happen to girls high school sports.   Pioneering female athletes like Babe Didrikson would be ashamed this is happening.    

Quote: Nattaphon “Ice” Wangyot, a male-t0-female transgender athlete became the first trans student to compete for a high school state championship last week.

Wangyot, a senior at Haines High School in Alaska, beat a number of biologically female competitors to the finals at the state Track & Field meet in Anchorage. But her presence at the race was met with some criticism from her fellow runners.FOR OUR NEWSLETTER

“I don’t know what’s politically correct to say, but in my opinion your gender is what you’re born with” said Peyton Young, another competitor at the meet, in a comment to Alaska Dispatch News. “It’s the DNA. Genetically a guy has more muscle mass than a girl, and if he’s racing against a girl, he may have an advantage.”
The event was also protested by the conservative group Alaska Family Action, who according to USA Today, arrived at the meet with a dozen supporters.
The group’s president, Jim Minnery, told the Alaska Dispatch News that allowing Wangyot to compete was unfair. “Allowing students to play on teams of the opposite sex disproportionately impacts female students, who will lose spots on track, soccer and volleyball teams to male students who identify as female.”
However, other Alaskan high schoolers at the event disagreed with the protests. “It’s cool that she’s got the confidence to be here,” one male high schooler said.
Alia Bales, another female high schooler at the event, told Alaska Dispatch News that if other female competitors, like defending chapion Tanner Ealum, were able to beat Wangyot, it would disprove the unfairness argument.

advertisement

“If Tanner can beat her, anybody can have a chance to beat her” said Bales.  
And Chyna would've kicked the shit out of me in a fist fight.

Maybe the other girls should've trained harder.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
I think your thread title is misleading, because from the article you posted she didn't win. That is what the last comment there is about, it's about how someone else beat her. So this does nothing to assist your argument because while she may have beaten other women there is no evidence with this that it was actually unfair. Or, as your argument has often been for that matter, that she is identifying as a woman only for competitive purposes.

Here is the article they were pulling info from, in case anyone doesn't like clicking on Breitbart because of the scripts that slow down their computer, or just because it makes them feel dirty: http://www.adn.com/sports/2016/05/27/at-alaska-state-track-meet-a-transgender-athlete-makes-her-mark/
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-07-2016, 08:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think your thread title is misleading, because from the article you posted she didn't win. That is what the last comment there is about, it's about how someone else beat her. So this does nothing to assist your argument because while she may have beaten other women there is no evidence with this that it was actually unfair. Or, as your argument has often been for that matter, that she is identifying as a woman only for competitive purposes.

Here is the article they were pulling info from, in case anyone doesn't like clicking on Breitbart because of the scripts that slow down their computer, or just because it makes them feel dirty: http://www.adn.com/sports/2016/05/27/at-alaska-state-track-meet-a-transgender-athlete-makes-her-mark/

you mean there is more to the story than what lucie is trying to spin?!

color me shocked
People suck
(06-07-2016, 08:53 AM)Griever Wrote: you mean there is more to the story than what lucie is trying to spin?!

color me shocked

Can you imagine if it has been a Muslim transgender?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-07-2016, 08:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Can you imagine if it has been a Muslim transgender?

oh god, i kind of wish it was
People suck
(06-07-2016, 07:25 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: And Chyna would've kicked the shit out of me in a fist fight.

Maybe the other girls should've trained harder.

Damn, you couldn't beat up a dead woman in a fist fight?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-07-2016, 09:53 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Damn, you couldn't beat up a dead woman in a fist fight?

Would've - as in would have. Past tense.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-07-2016, 09:53 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Damn, you couldn't beat up a dead woman in a fist fight?

damnit, kain beat me too it...stupid work getting in the way
People suck
I am as liberal as anyone here, but I don't think trans females should be allowed to compete in sports against genetic females.

I support the rights of transgender people to live as the sex they identify, but allowing trans females to compete in sports against genetic females just is not fair.

Gender may be a "social construct", but the physical advantage trans females have over genetic females is not.
Wait, the title is wrong? Are you surprised?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-07-2016, 10:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am as liberal as anyone here, but I don't think trans females should be allowed to compete in sports against genetic females.

I support the rights of transgender people to live as the sex they identify, but allowing trans females to compete in sports against genetic females just is not fair.

Gender may be a "social construct", but the physical advantage trans females have over genetic females is not.

Most often the rules indicate that there must be certain hormone levels in order for a trans person to compete against others of their gender. The reason for this is because with those hormone levels you are evening that playing field out. The hormone therapy that a trans person goes through changes their voice, their muscles, their whole body. There will still be a difference, sure, but it's not like it is being made out to be by those staunchly opposed to this. The evidence for that is in the story, where there were a number of young women that outperformed this young woman in the story.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-07-2016, 10:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am as liberal as anyone here, but I don't think trans females should be allowed to compete in sports against genetic females.

Well, females have been saying for decades now how they want total equality.
(06-07-2016, 03:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/06/biological-male-allowed-compete-female-high-schoolers-alaska/ 

I believe I said this would happen to girls high school sports.   Pioneering female athletes like Babe Didrikson would be ashamed this is happening.    

I am still giggling that you went all the way back to Babe Didrikson to make that point.

As if there have been no dominant female athletes since.

Really find that amusing for some reason!  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-07-2016, 10:55 AM)Beaker Wrote: Well, females have been saying for decades now how they want total equality.

Some feminists have said that.

That's like saying all guys carry murses because a few think it's great.
(06-07-2016, 10:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: I am still giggling that you went all the way back to Babe Didrikson to make that point.

As if there have been no dominant female athletes since.

Really find that amusing for some reason!  Smirk

he could have used the williams sisters...oh wait, they are black
People suck
(06-07-2016, 08:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think your thread title is misleading, because from the article you posted she didn't win. That is what the last comment there is about, it's about how someone else beat her. So this does nothing to assist your argument because while she may have beaten other women there is no evidence with this that it was actually unfair. Or, as your argument has often been for that matter, that she is identifying as a woman only for competitive purposes.

So you think the point of the article is who actually won the race?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-07-2016, 12:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you think the point of the article is who actually won the race?

I thought the point was the erroneous title that said a boy won the girl's race... which didn't happen.
(06-07-2016, 12:34 PM)Benton Wrote: I thought the point was the erroneous title that said a boy won the girl's race... which didn't happen.

He'll explain how Lucy was using his own definition of "win" and how we're all wrong for using the actual definition of the word.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-07-2016, 12:34 PM)Benton Wrote: I thought the point was the erroneous title that said a boy won the girl's race... which didn't happen.

I thought the bigger point was a male participated in the female championships. I suppose different people focus on different things from the same story. I just hope they got all the names right. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]