Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(06-08-2016, 02:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Males inherently have more muscle mass and their body structure is different, often lending itself to being stronger and faster. Of course, with situations like the young woman in the OP where she has used hormone blockers and replacement hormone therapy the body structure and muscle mass that she exhibits is that of a female because the hormone therapy causes these changes.

Is there any data on fast twitch muscles ?
Even if the transgender female is on hormone treatment she will still have physical advantages over genetic females. Males are still genetically bigger and stronger than women.
(06-08-2016, 02:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Males inherently have more muscle mass and their body structure is different, often lending itself to being stronger and faster. Of course, with situations like the young woman in the OP where she has used hormone blockers and replacement hormone therapy the body structure and muscle mass that she exhibits is that of a female because the hormone therapy causes these changes.

You are a slippery one; I'll give you that.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-08-2016, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if the transgender female is on hormone treatment she will still have physical advantages over genetic females.  Males are still genetically bigger and stronger than women.

You never met my grandparents!  LOL!

Both children of Italian immigrants.

My grandmother towered over my grandfather!  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-08-2016, 02:05 PM)Benton Wrote: Some people do bad things in the name of good. I wouldn't say it's fair to paint all Christians with that brush, many (most?) of us don't care.

I was attempting to point out that the use of christianity as a justification to oppress individuals for an unforeseen scenario is a massive hypocrisy.  I can honestly say I do not believe the majority of christians use their faith for nefarious ends, but I point it out when I come across it.
(06-08-2016, 02:33 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Is there any data on fast twitch muscles ?

I don't know of data on specific muscle types, only the overall data.

(06-08-2016, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if the transgender female is on hormone treatment she will still have physical advantages over genetic females. Males are still genetically bigger and stronger than women.

The genetics control the hormones which cause the body changes. There are a number of factors that will determine the efficacy such as hormone levels, time on therapy, and of course when they started the treatment. But overall the difference is not much for those going through the treatments. The situation in the OP is an example of that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-08-2016, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if the transgender female is on hormone treatment she will still have physical advantages over genetic females. Males are still genetically bigger and stronger than women.

It depends. And that's where the common sense cones in. If they've been on hormone treatment for a few years, yes. If they've been going through it for several, not as much.
I think we've all seen this in a different aspect with the special olympics. I know I'm most likely opening myself up to the pro bono personal profiler, but here it is.

Has anybody but me watched them and thought; all those kids are on the same level?

Disclaimer: Not against Special Olympics, handicapped folks, or hate anyone...Also not necessarily comparing the Transgender to the handicapped; but i think we can agree concessions must be made for each case.

(06-08-2016, 03:19 PM)Benton Wrote: It depends. And that's where the common sense cones in. If they've been on hormone treatment for a few years, yes. If they've been going through it for several, not as much.

Transgender women do not get shorter when they go on hormones.  There are even differences between the way men's and women's bodies are constructed.  For example women are more likely to have ACL and MCL tears because of the way their legs are designed.
(06-08-2016, 04:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Transgender women do not get shorter when they go on hormones.  There are even differences between the way men's and women's bodies are constructed.  For example women are more likely to have ACL and MCL tears because of the way their legs are designed.

That's why time is an element and plays into the common sense aspect. If they've been on hormones — especially since puberty — then they likely won't have much of a difference from other kids of that sex. There's minor differences in muscle mass and size between an 8 year old boy and an 8 year old girl. It take a few more years (typically) before hormones start building those different physical characteristics.

That's why I'm not a fan of a hard rule.
This makes me wonder about something. In the Army we have a fitness test that measures pushups, sit ups, and a 2-mile run. in 2 of the 3 events the male standard is must higher than the female standards (yeah, equality). For instance a 21 year old male must do 42 pushups while a female must only do 19. She has about 4 more minutes to complete her 2-mile than her male counterpart.The exception is sit ups; the standard is the same for a male and female as it has been explained to me that a female's center of gravity compensates for the lack of muscularity.

I wonder how hard it is for a MTF to do situps.

(06-08-2016, 04:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This makes me wonder about something. In the Army we have a fitness test that measures pushups, sit ups, and a 2-mile run. in 2 of the 3 events the male standard is must higher than the female standards (yeah, equality). For instance a 21 year old male must do 42 pushups while a female must only do 19. She has about 4 more minutes to complete her 2-mile than her male counterpart.The exception is sit ups; the standard is the same for a male and female as it has been explained to me that a  female's center of gravity compensates for the lack of muscularity.

I wonder how hard it is for a MTF to do situps.

Pre or post op?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-08-2016, 04:50 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Pre or post op?

Pre op, but taking the hormone treatments. Matt says it alters them physically; however, I doubt it changes there bone structure.

(06-08-2016, 04:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pre op, but taking the hormone treatments. Matt says it alters them physically; however, I doubt it changes there bone structure.

Okay...Pre op requires one more question.  Boner or no boner?  I ask be cause in my case, sit ups with a boner usually ends in a black eye for me.

(06-08-2016, 04:55 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Okay...Pre op requires one more question.  Boner or no boner?  I ask be cause in my case, sit ups with a boner usually ends in a black eye for me.

Stop doing them with a partner. Or stop calling them sit ups.
(06-08-2016, 04:57 PM)Benton Wrote: Stop doing them with a partner. Or stop calling them sit ups.

Your jealousy is evident in your fabrication of events to placate your ego about your smallness. 

(06-08-2016, 04:55 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Okay...Pre op requires one more question.  Boner or no boner?  I ask be cause in my case, sit ups with a boner usually ends in a black eye for me.

I think you are holding the feet wrong.

(06-08-2016, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think you are holding the feet wrong.

Hey look at that you and Benton have something in common.  Jelly-Bellies.

(06-08-2016, 05:11 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Hey look at that you and Benton have something in common.  Jelly-Bellies.

Your stomach is flat only because your child-bearing hips makes it easy for you to do sit ups.

(06-08-2016, 05:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your stomach is flat only because your child-bearing hips makes it easy for you to do sit ups.

Are you going to continuously flaunt your inability to comprehend what you read.  Obviously my stomach is not flat.  I got tired of getting black eyes.