Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
if its brown flush it down or send them back to their countries because no blood mingling here
People suck
(06-10-2016, 01:32 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: What's This have to do with anything?  

Or does each of your posts have to contain something derrogatory about Transgendered people or Muslims?  

I hate when folks get so obsessed that they try to weave a common theme into the vast majority of their posts. Don't you?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-10-2016, 01:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hate

well duh, we knew that already
People suck
(06-10-2016, 01:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My stance is that hormone treatment(s) should not be an option until age of consent. just like the young girl that is heartbroken that she cannot have a sexual relationship with an older man; the girl that struggles with her identity must wait until they are at the age of consent. Counseling, family, and support groups must be utilized until that time. 

We don't normally wait with circumcisions, insulin, vaccines (well, sane people don't wait), corrective surgery for cleft palates, treatment of depression or other things. I think the need for treatment at a young age is probably a very small number, but I don't see the point in making those people wait just to make other people more comfortable.
(06-10-2016, 01:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hate when folks get so obsessed that they try to weave a common theme into the vast majority of their posts. Don't you?

I'll concede this point.  Unfortunately when certain individuals are so vapid, it brings us all down.
(06-09-2016, 07:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Say it or don't say it, did you or did you not use other diseases as the basis of your analogy as to how cures are found for diseases?

You slipped up and said it, not me, so that must be how you really feel, so own up to it.

bigot!

He did not slip up at all.  He compared medical treatment to medical treatment.  He never used the term "cure" or "disease".

What else could he have compared it to other than another medical treatment?
(06-10-2016, 01:32 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: What's This have to do with anything?  

Or does each of your posts have to contain something derrogatory about Transgendered people or Muslims?  

I post on the news of the day.   Those groups and their nonsense dominate the news.  
(06-10-2016, 01:45 PM)Benton Wrote: We don't normally wait with circumcisions, insulin, vaccines (well, sane people don't wait), corrective surgery for cleft palates, treatment of depression or other things. I think the need for treatment at a young age is probably a very small number, but I don't see the point in making those people wait just to make other people more comfortable.

When the dude earlier stated that you were comparing this issue to a disease, illness, or physical malady I though he was off the mark; perhaps I misjudged him.

Nobody said they should not get treatment: I just disagree with getting physical treatment for a condition that might be (most likely is) mental. brings me to mind of the days of lobotomies. Once you are of the age of consent and have fully matured physically and mentally; then feel free to do as you desire. 

(06-10-2016, 01:45 PM)Benton Wrote: We don't normally wait with circumcisions, insulin, vaccines (well, sane people don't wait), corrective surgery for cleft palates, treatment of depression or other things. I think the need for treatment at a young age is probably a very small number, but I don't see the point in making those people wait just to make other people more comfortable.

Couldnt agree more here.

How many pre-pubescent children actually go through HT in a given year?  Are there any statistics available on this?  My searches are coming up short and don't think its a good idea to throw 'PP kids + HT' into a search many more times...
(06-10-2016, 01:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I post on the news of the day.   Those groups and their nonsense dominate the news.  

(06-10-2016, 01:47 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Unfortunately when certain individuals are so vapid, it brings us all down.

infertiity
Increased suicide rates 

And if you wait until they come of age.... 98% of men and 88% of women want to stay their natural way.   

Hard to take away someone's ability to have children when such a high rate of these fix themselves. 
(06-10-2016, 01:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I really could care less what they do in their own home.   If they wanna play dress up and live off meds that's their business.    When they purposely put innocent people at risk at turning a bathroom into a free for all...   Sorry but normal people don't like that ..... Exactly why target is losing money hand over fist.   

If their medical treatment is their business, why are sticking your nose in their doctor patient relationship because as you admit "that's their business"?  It's their business.  Shut up about it already.

Quote:Not sure why you keep trying to emphasize libertarian when speaking about me....  I am very libertarian on several things.    However I am not going to go along with mental delusions for the sake of someone's feelings.

Didn't you self identify as a Libertarian?  Why do you believe everyone should go along with your mental delusions for the sake of your feelings?

Quote:Lol it's funny you compare back surgery to a massive hormone cocktail first where they block puberty then they add in the hormones that the body doesn't want or need.    Yeah that's exactly like back surgery lol. 

Back surgery isn't right for every patient with back surgery pain thus surgeons need to be very selective in choosing which patients should receive back surgery.  My point was the same should apply to hormone treatments for transgender children.  I thought my point was too obvious to miss, but you surprised me.

Quote:Acpeds position Statement on this matter.  
http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

I asked to see the studies you're citing.  That's not a study. 

The American Academy of Pediatrics is a legitimate professional organization for pediatricians with over 60,000 members.  As I wrote earlier, the American College of Pediatricians is more like a small club masquerading themselves as a legitimate professional organization with an official sounding title meant to lull the gulible and the uniformed into thinking they are on par with the American Academy of Pediatrics.  It has a membership of less than 200 socially conservative Christians trying to legislate their morals on others.  They are as illegitimate as Rand Pauls' bullshit National Board of Ophthamology which no one recognizes as board certification.
You're gonna need to do much better than that.  I say again, show me the studies, over.
(06-10-2016, 01:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When the dude earlier stated that you were comparing this issue to a disease, illness, or physical malady I though he was off the mark; perhaps I misjudged him.

Nobody said they should not get treatment: I just disagree with getting physical treatment for a condition that might be (most likely is) mental. brings me to mind of the days of lobotomies. Once you are of the age of consent and have fully matured physically and mentally; then feel free to do as you desire. 

It's a medical treatment, so I'm not sure what else would be safe to compare it to. Your analogy of a girl wanting to date an older guy — to me — doesn't really compare as it involves another party; gender identity only directly impacts the person. Plus sexual attraction or a need for affection are typical human emotions and responses, whereas gender identify is atypical, in the same way as cleft palates or depression is atypical.

But, no, I don't think they have a disease just because they have a medical treatment in the same way as I don't think you're diseased if you go to the dentist and get a fluoride treatment or a cavity filled.

(06-10-2016, 02:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: infertiity
Increased suicide rates 

And if you wait until they come of age.... 98% of men and 88% of women want to stay their natural way.   

Hard to take away someone's ability to have children when such a high rate of these fix themselves. 

Infertility is an issue. As far as the increase suicide rates, among what? People? Transgender people? Males? Females? I'm not following. And if it's just among transgenders, I'd be interested in the environmental factors there. Like how many people had logged into an  internet message board and found their entire life debated by people who never had a dog in the fight.
(06-10-2016, 01:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My stance is that hormone treatment(s) should not be an option until age of consent. just like the young girl that is heartbroken that she cannot have a sexual relationship with an older man; the girl that struggles with her identity must wait until they are at the age of consent. Counseling, family, and support groups must be utilized until that time. 

I agree counseling should be the preferred treatment protocol, although "age of consent" is a little vague.  I'm still waiting for Lucie to show me the treatment protocol because I don't know the details.  How do you know what is best for them and why does your stance dictate their medical options?
(06-10-2016, 02:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: infertiity
Increased suicide rates 

Okay, let me see these studies, too.  Not a position paper from an organization which was formed to prevent gay couples from adopting children.
(06-10-2016, 02:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Okay, let me see these studies, too.  Not a position paper from an organization which was formed to prevent gay couples from adopting children.

hes got nothing, but its cute to watch him try
People suck
(06-10-2016, 02:25 PM)Benton Wrote: Your analogy of a girl wanting to date an older guy — to me — doesn't really compare as it involves another party; gender identity only directly impacts the person. Plus sexual attraction or a need for affection are typical human emotions and responses, whereas gender identify is atypical, in the same way as cleft palates or depression is atypical.

But, no, I don't think they have a disease just because they have a medical treatment in the same way as I don't think you're diseased if you go to the dentist and get a fluoride treatment or a cavity filled.
They are not the same because one involves another party? Both deal with the mental state of an adolescent, What is it about involving another party makes them different?

Are you saying gender identity is not a typical human emotion?  That is a new one to me. 

I think your last analogy would be more apt if you would say it's like going to the dentist and getting your baby teeth pulled instead of giving them time and see if the will fall out on their own.  

(06-10-2016, 02:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I agree counseling should be the preferred treatment protocol, although "age of consent" is a little vague.  I'm still waiting for Lucie to show me the treatment protocol because I don't know the details.  How do you know what is best for them and why does your stance dictate their medical options?

I don't know what's best for them, so we should probably wait and let then reach adulthood (currently our society has determined that to be 18) before any permanent measures are taken.

We can tell a girl suffering from puppy love that she just has to wait; why can we not tell a male suffering from GID that he has to wait? 

(06-10-2016, 02:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Okay, let me see these studies, too.  Not a position paper from an organization which was formed to prevent gay couples from adopting children.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043071/

Here's one study:

Conclusions

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

(06-10-2016, 03:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043071/

Here's one study:

Conclusions

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

maybe if they were treated with an ounce of dignity while they are going through the process, they wouldn't be suicidal...
People suck