Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 12:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: “Speaking of listening, I’m told the Washington Football Team will be listening too, if teams call on their veteran players (which makes three of the four NFC East teams in this category). Two names that came up as I called around were edge defenders Ryan Kerrigan and Ryan Anderson. Obviously, Chase Young’s emergence has given the team flexibility there.

The Bengals are another team in that category—John Ross has been available before and, per NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo, his agent turned the temperature up this week in asking for a trade. Veteran DE Carlos Dunlap is another player other teams have earmarked as available.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/22/nfl-trade-deadline-primer-sellers-players-available-covid19

So, the team was shopping Ross even before his agent requested a trade. The team will listen on veterans with Dunlap being the most likely to be traded.

That's not what it said.  It has said he was available before, which was famously when Taylor took over the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Side note: I did see that Breer thinks Zeitler is available. I wonder what it would take to get him back to plug that hole.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 01:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: How do you think the Bengals let the other teams in the league know Ross was available? They told his agent to start calling around. That’s shopping in my book.

I guess I didn't make myself very clear in that.  I meant that it was not in the weeks before Ross demanded a trade, it was during the 2019 offseason.
Reply/Quote
I'm still a little let down that John Ross is still on the team and that Quinton Spain isn't on the team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 01:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Side note: I did see that Breer thinks Zeitler is available.  I wonder what it would take to get him back to plug that hole.

Would love to have him back.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 01:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Probably depends how much money is left on his contract.

14.5 mill next year with a 2.5 mill dead cap.  Free agent in 2022.
Reply/Quote
How much for Ryan Kerrigan. I would take that guy in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 05:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: How much for Ryan Kerrigan. I would take that guy in a heartbeat.

Me too, that guy is a beast that would help the pass rush...
Reply/Quote