Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aldon Smith to Raiders....could be playing on Sunday
Damn, all of a sudden Raiders got sicc pass rush with Khalil and Aldon. People sometimes forget just how good Aldon Smith is. I would have been all for signing Aldon Smith on our squad. Yes he has issues but with a 1 year contract like he got in Oak, it's really not that bad of a risk for the raiders.
Reply/Quote
Potentially good signing for Oakland. Can't imagine he will be playing that much on Sunday if he suits up at all.
Reply/Quote
He's still up for disciplinary actions from the league for his issue earlier this year. It would surprise me if he plays.

Plus he still needs to pass his physical and all that too.

But I'm not too worried if he plays. He has a ton of talent but if he plays Sunday I'm sure there's going to be rust and he needs to get used to Jack Del Rio's defense.

But good pickup by the Raiders. That front 7 is going to be crazy.
Reply/Quote
If he plays, he's going to be used on 3rd downs, and rush the crap out of Andy. That's all he will be used for. And that's IF he plays
Reply/Quote
Smith and Mack could make a good tandem... but Smith will most likely shoot someone from his balcony or crash into an oak tree before then.
Reply/Quote
how in the hell is this guy still allowed to play in the league
Reply/Quote
Probably won't play on Sunday. Good pickup though IF he doesn't keep acting like a jackass. To be honest though his party where he got stabbed was proof this guy let bad influences around him. We live in a pretty laid back city and his neighborhood especially is not one where guys come around looking for a fight and stab you. Can't see anything different with his off-field life happening any time soon.
Reply/Quote
Surprised he wasnt arrested fir a dui on his way to oaklands stadium.
Reply/Quote
Hes doubtful to play, the dude hasn't practiced at all, and knows jack shit about Oaklands defense. Playing him would be dumb.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:56 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Hes doubtful to play, the dude hasn't practiced at all, and knows jack shit about Oaklands defense. Playing him would be dumb.

His position isn't that complicated. On 3rd down and obvious passing situations he rushes the QB. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 03:12 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: His position isn't that complicated. On 3rd down and obvious passing situations he rushes the QB. 

Anyone on offense: Hey, Aldon Smith is in. He's not dropping into coverage or anything. Just block him and we can work in that area.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 03:12 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: His position isn't that complicated. On 3rd down and obvious passing situations he rushes the QB. 

Uhh I don't know seems like kind of a liability to me to put a guy out there, not knowing what kind of shape hes in..
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I don't see how he could be ready to suit up in just a couple of days. But if he does, as mentioned before, his job will be soley to rush Dalton, so no big secret there.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:56 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Hes doubtful to play, the dude hasn't practiced at all, and knows jack shit about Oaklands defense. Playing him would be dumb.

What is there to know?  He's going to line up and try to beat his man, and get to the quarterback.  Pretty much universal for Dlinemen everywhere..

Pretty much my first thought, as well.

(09-11-2015, 03:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Anyone on offense: Hey, Aldon Smith is in. He's not dropping into coverage or anything. Just block him and we can work in that area.

That's the thing about talented rushers, can you block him effectively?  If he plays, I would expect a limited amount of downs, as his conditioning would be key.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 04:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What is there to know?  He's going to line up and try to beat his man, and get to the quarterback.  Pretty much universal for Dlinemen everywhere..

Pretty much my first thought, as well.

That's the thing about talented rushers, can you block him effectively?  If he plays, I would expect a limited amount of downs, as his conditioning would be key.

We have talented blockers. So yes you can. 

Nothing in Aldon's history lends itself to expecting him to be in great shape
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: how in the hell is this guy still allowed to play in the league

Forget being able to play, how is he not in prison??
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 04:46 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: We have talented blockers. So yes you can. 

Nothing in Aldon's history lends itself to expecting him to be in great shape

Yea I doubt he plays at all and if so it won't be much.
Reply/Quote
If Aldon Smith actually plays in this game, will he make an impact?

That's a tough question. There's no denying at how talented he is, but....

[Image: whitworth091211_440.jpg]

I think we can handle him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 04:51 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If Aldon Smith actually plays in this game, will he make an impact?

That's a tough question. There's no denying at how talented he is, but....

[Image: whitworth091211_440.jpg]

I think we can handle him.

And a healthy Andre is a top 5 RT
Reply/Quote
I think we're okay, even if he plays. He's not the best pass rusher in the league. And he probably needs some conditioning.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote