Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aldon Smith to Raiders....could be playing on Sunday
(09-11-2015, 04:47 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Forget being able to play, how is he not in prison??

even better question but millionaires seem to avoid jail more often than the rest of us
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 04:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: even better question but millionaires seem to avoid jail more often than the rest of us

Check out that show ballers on HBO. It's all about this nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:34 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Damn, all of a sudden Raiders got sicc pass rush with Khalil and Aldon. People sometimes forget just how good Aldon Smith is. I would have been all for signing Aldon Smith on our squad. Yes he has issues but with a 1 year contract like he got in Oak, it's really not that bad of a risk for the raiders.

I don't get this at all.  Has he served his suspensions and passed all the necessary drug screenings?  If he did get his crap together (doubtful) he could form a tremendous defensive line with Tuck and Mack. 

After watching last night's game, I hope the Bengals turn Andy loose and attack their secondary.  I don't want to run two times in to a wall and then face third and ten. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: how in the hell is this guy still allowed to play in the league

He isn't a Bengal (See Thurman, Odell)
Reply/Quote
Even if he is in shape, he's gonna find out what it's like to not play with this guy:

[Image: BbtiQsA.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Surprised it took this long for someone to grab him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Looks like he's supposed to start.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/642435670393225216
Reply/Quote
Good signing for Oakland. It won't change my prediction though. We have great tackles that neutralize guys like Aldon all the time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Go ahead and start the dude… Because signing a guy off the street who hasn't had a camp or any practice is a brilliant idea. I don't care what he's done in the offseason to stay in shape, its still not as beneficial as getting actual reps with a team. My guess is they start him and he looks lost out there.
Reply/Quote
Raiders sign a guy who can play but is an unrepentant jackass. Wow, is it the 70's again? He seems determined to throw it all away. Will be interesting to see how much longer he lasts. Equally likely to end up in the HOF or prison.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:34 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Damn, all of a sudden Raiders got sicc pass rush with Khalil and Aldon. People sometimes forget just how good Aldon Smith is. I would have been all for signing Aldon Smith on our squad. Yes he has issues but with a 1 year contract like he got in Oak, it's really not that bad of a risk for the raiders.

Raider fan here. Aldon smith is going to play on sunday reported about 20 snaps. Plus there is a high chance he may not get suspended at all. Maybe next year if anything. Plus he is reported to be in great shape he is a guy that has been working. I will say i believe mack is the better more complete player than aldon but together will be dynamic. All i can say is Hill will be running into a brick wall all day. And that Lt you guys have is going to find out all about kalil mack because i garantee kalil outmatches him. He was tossing Veldeer around like a ragdoll im Az The kid is almost unblockable. Plus Latavius Murray at Rb is the real deal he will be a top 5 back this year. Tremendous vision for a rb plus he 6,2 230 runs a 4.4. This is going to be a defensive game but at home I say we take this one. Bengals are tough but so are we this team is lightyears better than last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 09:16 PM)houlesteven1990 Wrote: Raider fan here. Aldon smith is going to play on sunday reported about 20 snaps. Plus there is a high chance he may not get suspended at all. Maybe next year if anything. Plus he is reported to be in great shape he is a guy that has been working. I will say i believe mack is the better more complete player than aldon but together will be dynamic. All i can say is Hill will be running into a brick wall all day. And that Lt you guys have is going to find out all about kalil mack because i garantee kalil outmatches him. He was tossing Veldeer around like a ragdoll im Az The kid is almost unblockable. Plus Latavius Murray at Rb is the real deal he will be a top 5 back this year. Tremendous vision for a rb plus he 6,2 230 runs a 4.4.  This is going to be a defensive game but at home I say we take this one. Bengals are tough but so are we this team is lightyears better than last year.

I'm sure J. Hill and Whit can hold their own. And that's quite a statement about Murray being a top 5 back considering he only had 82 rushes last year. Not saying it's impossible just saying it's an improbable stretch.

Good to hear the input though. Enjoy the game
Reply/Quote
Murray is solid, but a top 5 back gets used on all 3 downs and can catch the ball. Murray hasn't proven he can do either.

If he's a top 5 RB, Jeremy Hill is the best RB in the NFL.

Both are lofty statements as neither have proven a ton (Hill much more than Murray, though).
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 09:16 PM)houlesteven1990 Wrote: Raider fan here. Aldon smith is going to play on sunday reported about 20 snaps. Plus there is a high chance he may not get suspended at all. Maybe next year if anything. Plus he is reported to be in great shape he is a guy that has been working. I will say i believe mack is the better more complete player than aldon but together will be dynamic. All i can say is Hill will be running into a brick wall all day. And that Lt you guys have is going to find out all about kalil mack because i garantee kalil outmatches him. He was tossing Veldeer around like a ragdoll im Az The kid is almost unblockable. Plus Latavius Murray at Rb is the real deal he will be a top 5 back this year. Tremendous vision for a rb plus he 6,2 230 runs a 4.4.  This is going to be a defensive game but at home I say we take this one. Bengals are tough but so are we this team is lightyears better than last year.

Again...I will bite on this.

As someone who has played football for a long time, there is a huge, monumental difference between being in 'shape' and being in football shape. It's not the same thing. He can run, lift, and do all that. Not technically the same thing. Will this be a factor in the upcoming match? Maybe. Maybe not. However, it's important to know the difference.

I will take the high road and say that "running into a brick wall" will have to wait to be seen. The Raiders have a promising defense but I wouldn't call them a 'brick' wall by any means. Even with the addition of Aldon Smith, who is primarily a pass rusher, I don't see it being a large change from last year's Oakland defense. They had 7 games last year with over 100 yards allowed, and several close to that. So, not necessarily a 'brick wall'. 

I will give you Mack. Mack is a physical beast that has yet to be primed. A weird mix off Patrick Willis and Luke Kuechley. I still don't see him throwing around Whitworth or Andre Smith. These guys battled and for the most part eliminated JJ Watt when we played them last year. Not to mention, they have played against better ends and held their own. 

Murray is a solid running back. Tremendous vision is a bit of an overstatement. His yard per carry average is 5.2 but that's greatly boosted by a 90 yard run (props to him). There isn't a huge number profile to look at, like Jeremy Hill who is at 5.1 yards a carry (not to mention lead the league in rushing in the last half).

Hey, if the Raiders win, props to you and them. That being said, I think some exaggerations were made on your part that weren't particularly accurate. 
Reply/Quote
This doesn't make much sense to me at all. It's not necessarily the gamble on the player though, that does make some sense. The risk/reward seem worth it, given the right situation. It's the timing of it.

Why now? He's been available for a full month. Why wait? Why not bring him in earlier, to learn the system and to become a member of the team? I just don't get why'd they take all that time to decide they wanted to take a flyer on him.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 02:48 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This doesn't make much sense to me at all.  It's not necessarily the gamble on the player though, that does make some sense.  The risk/reward seem worth it, given the right situation.  It's the timing of it.

Why now?  He's been available for a full month.  Why wait?  Why not bring him in earlier, to learn the system and to become a member of the team?  I just don't get why'd they take all that time to decide they wanted to take a flyer on him.

An extra advantage maybe? That week (or little less) might be enough to get a scheme or two into him. It's something we haven't necessarily accounted for.

If that's the case, then the gamble really only works for a game.
Reply/Quote