Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alejo Lopez
I don't keep a close eye on the reds minor league prospects.  Whenever a guy gets to the majors and starts of hitting really well I immediately check out his minor league stats to see if he is legit or just on a hot streak until ML [pitchers get the book on him.

Lopez was absolutely killing it this year in both AA (.362/.437/.448) and AAA (.358/.436/.526), He did not hit that well in A+ but that was in 2019.  In 2020 he played for a Mexican League team instead of a Reds farm team.  Hard to tell the level of competition there.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 03:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't keep a close eye on the reds minor league prospects.  Whenever a guy gets to the majors and starts of hitting really well I immediately check out his minor league stats to see if he is legit or just on a hot streak until ML [pitchers get the book on him.

Lopez was absolutely killing it this year in both AA (.362/.437/.448) and AAA (.358/.436/.526), He did not hit that well in A+ but that was in 2019.  In 2020 he played for a Mexican League team instead of a Reds farm team.  Hard to tell the level of competition there.

He's legit. He's only had one kind of off season and that was last year when a lot of people were off.. Mexican leagues can be great instructional leagues for certain players, but also lets them stay sharp in the off season..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote