Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alerts Feature
The alert for someone quoting me doesn't seem to be working. All the boxes are checked off so not sure what the deal is...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 11:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The alert for someone quoting me doesn't seem to be working. All the boxes are checked off so not sure what the deal is...

Is anyone else having this issue? 

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 11:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The alert for someone quoting me doesn't seem to be working. All the boxes are checked off so not sure what the deal is...

Yeah, I get alerts that I was quoted when someone else actually was. Not really a big deal though. I don't know what check boxes you are talking about... I guess there are settings for it somewhere?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 12:08 AM)xxlt Wrote: Yeah, I get alerts that I was quoted when someone else actually was. Not really a big deal though. I don't know what check boxes you are talking about... I guess there are settings for it somewhere?

I was referring to the Message & Notification boxes in the Edit Options. I just checked though, and there isn't one to be alerted when someone quotes you. I thought there was. It would certainly be helpful. 

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 12:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was referring to the Message & Notification boxes in the Edit Options. I just checked though, and there isn't one to be alerted when someone quotes you. I thought there was. It would certainly be helpful. 

Hmmm... like I said, I get notifications when I am quoted, and when someone else is but the system some how thought I was. Not too worried about it though.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 12:08 AM)xxlt Wrote: Yeah, I get alerts that I was quoted when someone else actually was. Not really a big deal though. I don't know what check boxes you are talking about... I guess there are settings for it somewhere?

(09-09-2016, 12:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was referring to the Message & Notification boxes in the Edit Options. I just checked though, and there isn't one to be alerted when someone quotes you. I thought there was. It would certainly be helpful. 

The settings are located in User CP. On the left side, you'll see a section for "Alerts". Then, an option for 'alert settings'.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 12:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The settings are located in User CP. On the left side, you'll see a section for "Alerts". Then, an option for 'alert settings'.

Thanks bro. I had found it before. Found it again. Had it set up right. It is just kinda wonky, like I said, sometimes it says I was quoted when I wasn't. No big deal. Like today it is telling me person x quoted me when it was person y. And it says I was quoted in a thread that doesn't exist. I know that last one probably means the thread was deleted and I hope that doesn't mean the homophobia germ has spread to this board. It caused a bad infection and much sickness on the mother ship.

:heart: XOXO Who Dey :heart:
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 01:57 PM)xxlt Wrote: Thanks bro. I had found it before. Found it again. Had it set up right. It is just kinda wonky, like I said, sometimes it says I was quoted when I wasn't. No big deal. Like today it is telling me person x quoted me when it was person y. And it says I was quoted in a thread that doesn't exist. I know that last one probably means the thread was deleted and I hope that doesn't mean the homophobia germ has spread to this board. It caused a bad infection and much sickness on the mother ship.

:heart: XOXO Who Dey :heart:

That situation had zero to do with anything relating to sexual preference.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 02:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That situation had zero to do with anything relating to sexual preference.

Outstanding.

WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 12:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The settings are located in User CP. On the left side, you'll see a section for "Alerts". Then, an option for 'alert settings'.

Still not working for me. 

Reply/Quote