Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Cappa Jersey #
Cappa who has worn #65 throughout his career, chose #66 when he joined the Bengals. However, yesterday was media day where they take publicity photos of all the players for use throughout the season and Cappa did the photo shoots twice. One time he was wearing his assigned #66 and the other his preferred #65. So it looks like Cappa has not finalized his number.

The holdup....#65 is Larry Ogunjobi's number. Apparently, if Ogunjobi re-signs he gets 65 back. If he doesn't, Cappa will be #65.

From Bengals.com , Hobson article

Quote:Free-agent defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi is here certainly in spirit. Ogunjobi, who had such a big year last season with seven sacks, broke his foot in the Wild Card Game. When his ensuing $40 million deal with the Bears was voided when they flunked him on the physical, he's been on the market ever since.

The Bengals know he's out there, but there is the matter of his health, as well as reaching a deal. Still, he's highly regarded around here and his mates would love to see him back. Especially fellow Greensboro, N.C., product D.J. Reader, the guy who played next to him at nose tackle.

Even new right tackle Alex Cappa is thinking of him. On Monday, he went through the Bengals national media day twice, with No. 66, as well as No. 65, the jersey Ogunjobi wore last year.

Just in case.

"Great teammate for sure," Reader said of Cappa. "Keep the number open and hopefully he'll be back … He has to make the best decision for him."

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
WOW! Sounds like Larry O may be comin back. He would be very welcomed.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
So is he 6'5" or 6'6" ? Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
It would be great to get him back. Perhaps there's still a chance ?
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Ogunjobi can be healthy enough. I still see 65 as Max's number.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 07:20 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: So is he 6'5" or 6'6" ?     Ninja

He is taller in the morning after lying down to sleep all night.
Reply/Quote
Ogunjobi is one of the more underrated DTs in the league

if you take out the '20 season when the Browns played him out of position at NT look at where Larry ranked among DTs in these key stats.

.....................'18.......'19........'21
Tkl for loss..... 11th ... 3rd ... 3rd
Sacks............. 11th ... 8th ... 8th
QB hits........... 11th ... 5th ... 7th

Consistently top 10 in the league.
Reply/Quote
Great news that they are still considering bringing Larry back. I've said I'd like to see him back on a cheap deal and let him sit and heal the first part of the season, then have him fresh down the stretch. And good on Cappa for not making a stink over a stupid number like a lot of diva's would.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 08:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Great news that they are still considering bringing Larry back. I've said I'd like to see him back on a cheap deal and let him sit and heal the first part of the season, then have him fresh down the stretch. And good on Cappa for not making a stink over a stupid number like a lot of diva's would.

Same way I took it. All good news all the way around if Ogunjobi is back and awesome on Cappa being all class about it. Cool
Reply/Quote
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/bengals-players-leaving-door-open-for-possible-larry-ogunjobi-return

Cappa takes media pictures in #65 and #66. Leaving a possible return of Ogunjobi coming back and keeping his jersey
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Alex-Cappa-Jersey

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 11:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Alex-Cappa-Jersey

Hell I just read this from Twitter and I know I read this thread you posted on here. Oh my!!!
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I think Larry is in line to come back once the deadline to negotiate a deal with Bates passes. Essentially they are keeping flexibility to get a deal done, Bengals may want to actually increase his year 1 cap hit via salary as a "guarantee" without having to actually do a lot of guaranteed money to protect them on the back end. Once they can no longer deal with Bates I think another move or two may get done to leverage cap space available this year.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 12:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think Larry is in line to come back once the deadline to negotiate a deal with Bates passes. Essentially they are keeping flexibility to get a deal done, Bengals may want to actually increase his year 1 cap hit via salary as a "guarantee" without having to actually do a lot of guaranteed money to protect them on the back end. Once they can no longer deal with Bates I think another move or two may get done to leverage cap space available this year.

Great post. Truly believe this is the way it goes and if there was one place on the roster that was a question after what we 
did in the Offseason it was a pass rushing 3-tech. Yeah, we extended BJ Hill but he isn't quite as good of a pass rusher as 
Ogunjobi is when healthy, but BJ is a better run stopper. Zach Carter is a rookie and played End in college most of the time.

Bringing back Ogunjobi and adding a couple depth pieces at a couple other positions would make this the best Offseason I 
can remember as a Bengal fan solidifying our team as Top Dog in the NFL. The Defense should be way better and we all know 
the Offense should be even more so if the OL stays healthy. Have no idea how good Burrow and our Offense as a whole can
be, record breaking like what he did in his final year at LSU and I am not even kidding. We will see, loving what I am seeing 
and hearing.
Reply/Quote
big fan of the karras and cappa signings. collins not so much. hope volson beats out carman too.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 04:20 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: big fan of the karras and cappa signings. collins not so much. hope volson beats out carman too.

Why are you hoping for that?
Shouldn't we just want whoever plays at the LG spot to do well?
I don't care if it's Carman, Volson, or someone else. 
I just don't want someone who gets beat constantly in passing situations or continually struggles to get movement in the run game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 05:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why are you hoping for that?
Shouldn't we just want whoever plays at the LG spot to do well?
I don't care if it's Carman, Volson, or someone else. 
I just don't want someone who gets beat constantly in passing situations or continually struggles to get movement in the run game.

because i'm rooting for the guy who hasn't been linked to sexual assault.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 05:59 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: because i'm rooting for the guy who hasn't been linked to sexual assault.

Doesn't support them on the Bengals, but votes for them to be President.

A true man of principle.Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Doesn't support them on the Bengals, but votes for them to be President.

A true man of principle.Hilarious
He voted for Biden!? What person in their right mind would admit to that!!??
Reply/Quote
I am not as high on Larry as most. He does make splash plays, but he also gives away a lot because he searches)gambles a lot trying to get them.

If he was a situational rusher, that might be minimized.

But I also think we are gonna see a lot of Hubbard inside with Trey & Ossai wide. Kareem & Carter can play inside some. And I also think we'll see us drop 8 a lot more with Awuzie, Apple, Hilton, Bell, Bates, Hill, + CTB/Flowers in coverage with Logan Wilson.

As a result, I do not think bringing Larry back is a high priority.

Though leaving the door open is wise, and I agree if it does happen it will be after Bates is sorted.
Reply/Quote