Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daryl Williams officially released
Just saw this. Do you think the Bengals make a play for him?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-oklahoma-ol-daryl-williams-released-by-buffalo-bills/ar-AAV5F97?ocid=msedgntp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just saw this.  Do you think the Bengals make a play for him?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-oklahoma-ol-daryl-williams-released-by-buffalo-bills/ar-AAV5F97?ocid=msedgntp

Oh I thought it already happened. Didn't realize it hadn't yet. No wonder he didn't sign somewhere so far.

100% Bengals should be in play for him.
Since he was released, he wouldn't count against the comp formula for next year.

Given Bengals didn't get any comp picks for this coming draft, they might want some for next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Oh I thought it already happened. Didn't realize it hadn't yet. No wonder he didn't sign somewhere so far.

100% Bengals should be in play for him.
Since he was released, he wouldn't count against the comp formula for next year.

Given Bengals didn't get any comp picks for this coming draft, they might want some for next year.

I know that the Bengals were previously interested in Williams, I wonder what sort of numbers he will command?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He is an upgrade over the developmental OTs they have now.
Reply/Quote
Sign him. I think this is the most likely RT for us if we don't want to trade a pick for Collins.

Then cut Hopkins and bring in Tretter, the OL is fortified if we do this and we can draft for the future.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sign him. I think this is the most likely RT for us if we don't want to trade a pick for Collins.

Then cut Hopkins and bring in Tretter, the OL is fortified if we do this and we can draft for the future.

I'm thinking that being there was prior interest in Williams from the Bengals, he just might be the one they really make a play for.

The longer the entire La'el Collins saga goes on, the more something just doesn't smell right about the situation.  He's a top shelf player, no doubt about it.  Having him for 3 years at $10M/per is a steal in this economy.  Why hasn't any team given Dallas a lousy ****ing draft pick for Collins?  I am now starting to think that there is some really negative info about him that just isn't being spoken publicly.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 02:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm thinking that being there was prior interest in Williams from the Bengals, he just might be the one they really make a play for.

The longer the entire La'el Collins saga goes on, the more something just doesn't smell right about the situation.  He's a top shelf player, no doubt about it.  Having him for 3 years at $10M/per is a steal in this economy.  Why hasn't any team given Dallas a lousy ****ing draft pick for Collins?  I am now starting to think that there is some really negative info about him that just isn't being spoken publicly.

He has to be injured on top of the red flags, that is all I can think of. If not and Pollack wants him, giving Dallas our 31st pick 
should of already been done. That is how good of a RT La'el Collins is. You are right, something smells fishy if teams don't want
to give up a crapshoot draft pick for him.
Reply/Quote
This was my guy last year before they kept him in Buffalo. I think we can get him around 5-6 Million a year and he has guard flexibility as well which is always nice.
Reply/Quote
Im going to predict the Bengals sign Williams
To a 3 yr deal around 16 million. He fills a glaring hole
On.the oline for a reasonable price. Doesnt have the risks
That Collins brings
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 03:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: This was my guy last year before they kept him in Buffalo. I think we can get him around 5-6 Million a year and he has guard flexibility as well which is always nice.

(03-16-2022, 11:20 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im going to predict the Bengals sign Williams
To a 3 yr deal around 16 million. He fills a glaring hole
On.the oline for a reasonable price. Doesnt have the risks
That Collins brings

Yes, Daryl makes the most sense to me. I bet he is who we grab and I will be very happy with FA if this is the case.

The rest is icing.
Reply/Quote
Go get him immediately.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 03:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: This was my guy last year before they kept him in Buffalo. I think we can get him around 5-6 Million a year and he has guard flexibility as well which is always nice.

Does he fit the Wide Zone Scheme?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:43 PM)J24 Wrote: Does he fit the Wide Zone Scheme?

I think he played in it for two years in CAR, but that said I wouldn’t say Karras or Cappa do so there may be a slight change coming.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think he played in it for two years in CAR, but that said I wouldn’t say Karras or Cappa do so there may be a slight change coming.

Yep basically no one was talking about Karras or Cappa before FA started because we didn't think they fit the scheme.
But the Bengals ended up signing them anyway, so a change in scheme could be coming...or they fit better than we thought.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep basically no one was talking about Karras or Cappa before FA started because we didn't think they fit the scheme.
But the Bengals ended up signing them anyway, so a change in scheme could be coming...or they fit better than we thought.

forget this Collins circus and let Miami take him to strip clubs, smoke cubanos and overpay him...
Bring in Williams and lets move forward ....I dont think theres a real chance he leaves Miami if they want him. 
Reply/Quote
To his benefit, Bengals have a love affair with signing former Bills lineman.
Reply/Quote