Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Erickson
When I read threads like this, I wonder if some of you even watch Bengals football. Erickson slow????[Image: forest-whitaker-eye.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 02:51 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Experiment? He was one of the top returners in the league last year. When you lose key special teams players like the Bengals have this year it's not all on Erickson. I do agree though that the fumbles are a big issue. You simply cannot fumble the ball on special teams. Those are game changing plays. Miraculously, he has fumbled 6 times and only lost 1 this year. That's simply luck, but if you can't hang on to the ball you cannot be a returner at any level of football. The fumbles are certainly cause for concern and a potential change moving forward.

I don't think fumbles were a problem for him in the past. Wonder what has changed--ST coaching?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 07:49 PM)Derrick Wrote: I don't think fumbles were a problem for him in the past. Wonder what has changed--ST coaching?

Same coach, different players. Teams has not been goo this year. Hard to return when you're not getting any blocking....
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 09:43 PM)snowy Wrote: He sure seems to get the love from the team and a lot of fans, though. Never understood it, myself. "He makes things happen." Yeah, but they're not good things for the most part. Erickson's pretty high on that list of "Bengals everybody luuurves, but I just don't get it." A couple of other guys are keeping him company on that list.

Erickson got an extra push o' love because most folks in these parts were just overly sick of seeing Tate out there year after year.  Now that the Erickson honeymoon is over we may as well toss Ross out there and see if he drowns, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have no problem with Erickson. This whole team has seriously underperformed. I'd love to see Erickson actually get more snaps on offense. He seems to do well when given opportunities. If taking him off of returns give him more chances on offense, I'd be all for it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 09:17 AM)grampahol Wrote: I think it's more indicative of the team as a whole and not so much an indictment of Erickson. If the return unit isn't blocking well it's going to leave a mark on the return guy. I'm not apt to judge a guy based on one really crappy season where the entire team played like crap.
Now if it continues into next season then yeah, but the team needs some major changes and not just with the return guy. 

Return guy is pretty far down the list, for sure.  But it is worth noting how much more Pacman did with the same return unit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 10:56 PM)McC Wrote: Return guy is pretty far down the list, for sure.  But it is worth noting how much more Pacman did with the same return unit.

Pacman's are a rare breed..... and he's been doing it a long time. Erickson is in his 2nd season, and led the AFC in his first.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 05:40 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Well then please tell me how 36 year old Adam Jones makes plays on this so called poor  blocking.  

1Jones isn't 36. Also not many ppl have Jones ability to see the field that way. Ab has that same ability. And I was talking more towards kickoff returns, I don't think Erickson should return punts. But in kickoff returns he has 0 lanes.
Reply/Quote
I pretty much never liked him as a returner ,he's made a couple runs I think last year,but to me he looks like he's going to get killed one day returning. As a receiver I think he's decent ,and seems like a receiver the pats would use.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 02:41 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I pretty much never liked him as a returner ,he's made a couple runs I think last year,but to me he looks like he's going to get killed one day returning. As a receiver I think he's decent ,and seems like a receiver the pats would use.

He reminds me a lot of Rex Burkhead, in that when he gets the ball he makes the most of it...... and Lewis barely uses him.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 08:01 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Sunset called it earlier in the season.

What he pointed out is Erickson seems to always be inclined to make a b-line towards the sidelines.

The more you watch him... he certainly does.

He just doesn't cut it back in if he sees a window to go out of bounds.

I like Erickson more as WR depth since he's played better when called upon than Boyd & Core...  not sure if that's saying much though.

This is what i believe as well. I would keep Erickson around for WR depth if he plays well enough and Returner depth.

Not a starter though at all. Want to see Brandon Wilson return kicks.

Ross had some nice returns in college, but i want to see the guy who was a great WR, play there. He already has a problem
staying healthy, way to waste our first round pick putting him out there on the plays where he would be most likely to get hurt.
Reply/Quote