Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Erickson
This is me eating a little crow about this guy.  I never hated on him at all but I most definitely saw him as expendable and said so more than once.

Also, I love it when a guy gets a new deal and then ratchets his game up even more.

He's a guy you can count on.  For example, only have two RB's available and both of them are dinged.  You need to run the ball.  He comes in and gets you seven yards.  If everybody did their jobs as well as he does his, we'd be very hard to beat.

I know all this was said when he got his deal but I think it's worth another go round.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 01:43 PM)McC Wrote: This is me eating a little crow about this guy.  I never hated on him at all but I most definitely saw him as expendable and said so more than once.

Also, I love it when a guy gets a new deal and then ratchets his game up even more.

He's a guy you can count on.  For example, only have two RB's available and both of them are dinged.  You need to run the ball.  He comes in and gets you seven yards.  If everybody did their jobs as well as he does his, we'd be very hard to beat.

I know all this was said when he got his deal but I think it's worth another go round.

I prefer someone who comes in and gives 8 yards...

That's the REAL Erickson Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 01:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I prefer someone who comes in and gives 8 yards...

It was eight?  Even better.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 01:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I prefer someone who comes in and gives 8 yards...

Not to mention 2 KO returns of 45 and 37 yds. Might be a keeper ....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I liked the sweep we ran with him Sunday. He's no Tyreek Hill but I think we can run some more "gadget" plays with him and get him the ball in space.

With that being said shouldn't we be doing that with John Ross as well, to utilize his speed?

Alex seems to catch everything that comes at him when thrown his way, I def think he's an under utilized weapon.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 01:43 PM)McC Wrote: This is me eating a little crow about this guy.  I never hated on him at all but I most definitely saw him as expendable and said so more than once.

I need to eat a little myself McC,

I was one of the guys lobbying for him being cut kinda sorta. And like wildcats said in a thread on him back in preseason, words to this effect anyways - he's just a guy who gets it done and is an asset to the team.

He's not gonna out run everybody on the field. He's not going to do a back flip over a Suburban. But he guts it up and gets it done way more often than not.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 01:54 PM)McC Wrote: It was eight?  Even better.

Indeed it was Wink.

Was a good carry. Want to see him be a Swiss Army Knife even more.

Even get him to throw 3 times a year, as he was a former QB.

(10-02-2018, 01:56 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Not to mention 2 KO returns of 45 and 37 yds. Might be a keeper ....

That 45 yarder was awesome, just brilliant.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 02:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I need to eat a little myself McC,

I was one of the guys lobbying for him being cut kinda sorta. And like wildcats said in a thread on him back in preseason, words to this effect anyways - he's just a guy who gets it done and is an asset to the team.

He's not gonna out run everybody on the field. He's not going to do a back flip over a Suburban. But he guts it up and gets it done way more often than not.

My take on him has been a solid number 4, something every team needs and we have a good one. Just give him a handful of snaps per game, maybe a sweep here, a screen there, and throw in the wildcat by mid-season once. Get the defense to pay attention to him, then line him up in the slot and move Boyd wide for a snap or two. Keep it fresh and "Boom" - AJ or Kroft is wide open for big plays. Or Ross, Uzo, Mixon, or Gio.... why not? They all have the talent, and we have them all. Mix it up.

Just enough to keep the defense guessing. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Made the tackle on INT as well even though the guy had his face mask twisted straight up almost to his back.

Slammed him for the face mask as well. Got flagged but still respected that he stayed with tackle even though he is an offensive player..

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 02:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed it was Wink.

This. He should be able to connect on a few passes and it would give the Defense something else to worry about defending. I was ok with cutting him too but only so he could hook on with another team that would use him more. Lot of talent that is not really being used he would also make a good sub for Boyd on his crossing route that has been getting us first downs recently when Boyd needs a breather but we still need that first down.
Reply/Quote
Kid consistently makes plays.
Reply/Quote
Bravo, Bravo for Erickson. I've liked him since he ran back the KO for a TD against the Vikings in his first preseason. As you guys have already said, he just makes plays when called on. Excellent hands, a good football mind. I hope Lazor gets him in the offense more. Not the biggest or fastest but I'll take him on the field anytime.

A UDFA player makes good here. He's a good kid and glad he is a Bengal.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 02:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed it was Wink.

Would love to see a flea flicker where he pulls up and throws a pass
Reply/Quote
something tells me the patriots could use him more than us. He's a similar player to Edelman. he is under utilized here because we don't run the same type of offense as the Pats.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 01:43 PM)McC Wrote: This is me eating a little crow

I will share the bill and join you. I too have not trusted him. I’m not 100% sold, but close enough to pull up a chair and join you.

Reply/Quote

This is me just sitting back and smiling, because I've always been one of his supporters, both in the passing and returning  game..... he's solid and dependable.
Reply/Quote
You can't help but like what he does with the snaps he gets on the field..I just wish once,,Just once, he'd break one of his kick returns or punt returns for a long TD...He just always somehow seems to get caught, But I ain't mad at him for it.
Reply/Quote