Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Erickson
This kid has no business being on a pro football team. I know we have bigger problems, but I cannot believe he is still returning kicks.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Brandon Tate.........oh how we miss you.
Reply/Quote
I miss Tate
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I wanted Erickson to be good, and maybe he will be. But he's not right now and I agree, at the moment, no business.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:04 AM)Utts Wrote: This kid has no business being on a pro football team. I know we have bigger problems, but I cannot believe he is still returning kicks.

He's better at returns than Dansby is at coverage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tate when he was in on offense actually produced not to mention he was one of the
better blocking WRS on the roster
Marvin got caught up in the new toy factor and now it's backfiring
I'd cut Erickson cause he has no ability to make a guy miss and go north south
plus he's just too slow to be a viable WR.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:40 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Tate when he was in on offense actually produced not to mention he was one of the
better blocking WRS on the roster
Marvin got caught up in the new toy factor and now it's backfiring
I'd cut Erickson cause he has no ability to make a guy miss and go north south
plus he's just too slow to be a viable WR.

I don't think it was new toy factor.  Honestly, there was simply no way you could axe Erickson after the monster preseason he had.  The real issue is that Tate should have made the roster over Wright, who did little in preseason and next to nothing so far this year.  If anything, this was Marvin giving into pressure from the fans to move on from Tate, and now we're seeing the grass isn't always greener.
Reply/Quote
true true
theirs a reason why Wright didn't catch any passes at LSU his senior yr.
poor job by Marvin by not adding a blazer at WR in 2016.
Wright does nothing really special in any aspect at WR.
Reply/Quote
He sure looked better in preseason, that is for sure.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Yeah, this is some Orson Charles type shit.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:04 AM)Utts Wrote: This kid has no business being on a pro football team. I know we have bigger problems, but I cannot believe he is still returning kicks.

My hopes that Tate would be replaced by an upgrade were answered with replaced by a downgrade. Sometimes this team makes no sense at all.

Reply/Quote
I think what we see with Erickson is how dangerous it is to judge players in pre-season, playing against guys who won't even make a roster. He looks tentative and in over his head. Don't know if he'll get over it or not.
Reply/Quote
We should have kept Alford --WAY more upside.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:00 AM)BengalChris Wrote: My hopes that Tate would be replaced by an upgrade were answered with replaced by a downgrade. Sometimes this team makes no sense at all.

It makes sense alright, Mikey boy saves money anywhere he can, no matter the impact on the team.
Reply/Quote
We got what we asked for. I'm holding judgement till after the season. Dude is a rookie, he'll adjust.

Reply/Quote

At least he showed a little improvement yesterday.not a lot, but something.

Reply/Quote
Can James Wright return kicks?
Reply/Quote
I still believe it was time for Tate to go....for too long we had to be thankful for the mere fact he could catch the ball on returns. Not good enough.

The fact that Erickson is doing nothing at the moment is tough to see ,but does not mean Tate was the answer.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 07:38 AM)sonofstat Wrote: I still believe it was time for Tate to go....for too long we had to be thankful for the mere fact he could catch the ball on returns. Not good enough.

The fact that Erickson is doing nothing at the moment is tough to see ,but does not mean Tate was the answer.

^ This !

It's so lame to say "We shoulda known better than to let Tate go".

Tate had some good returns every now and then but never showed any kind of threat as a returner.

It really shouldn't be this hard to replace a mediocre return man.

It's not rocket appliances people.

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 08:08 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: ^ This !

It's so lame to say "We shoulda known better than to let Tate go".

Tate had some good returns every now and then but never showed any kind of threat as a returner.

It really shouldn't be this hard to replace a mediocre return man.

It's not rocket appliances people.

You're right, it's not rocket science.... You simply do not replace a player until you have someone better to replace him with. I've said this for years in every bash Tate, Maualuga, Dalton thread. It's not like better players are just sitting on the street.....
Reply/Quote