Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Alex Erickson is a Bum
I've been beating this drum forever, so I'm not going to go out of my way to bore everyone to death with a bunch of stats again.

Get this loser and his 2.5 million dollar deal off this team. Give Bernard a chance when Mixon comes back. Give Ross a chance. Give Brandon Wilson a chance. Find someone else on this roster and give it to them.

I'm 100% convinced that even if you could find excuses as to why the above examples listed wouldn't work, you could find someone. Even someone like Mike Thomas would most likely be just as effective as Alex Erickson.

Why do we keep this guy around to do only one single thing that he does poorly? He stinks. The only reason I could possibly think of as to why people defend this guy is because he's a white dude who tries hard. The dude is an absolute bum.
Reply/Quote
I truly miss Adam Jones.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Seeing a pattern here.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've been beating this drum forever, so I'm not going to go out of my way to bore everyone to death with a bunch of stats again.

Get this loser and his 2.5 million dollar deal off this team. Give Bernard a chance when Mixon comes back. Give Ross a chance. Give Brandon Wilson a chance. Find someone else on this roster and give it to them.

I'm 100% convinced that even if you could find excuses as to why the above examples listed wouldn't work, you could find someone. Even someone like Mike Thomas would most likely be just as effective as Alex Erickson.

Why do we keep this guy around to do only one single thing that he does poorly? He stinks. The only reason I could possibly think of as to why people defend this guy is because he's a white dude who tries hard. The dude is an absolute bum.

There's a euphemism for your second to last sentence... High motor guy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
When was the last Erickson scored a TD...vs the Cowboys
4th string punt coverage team in preaseason?
Reply/Quote
We should've given this job to Ross, I have no clue why Erickson is back there.
Reply/Quote
Since 2016 25 NFL players have at least 40 KO returns. Erickson's 24.8 average is 6th out of those 25. Hard to find numbers for individuals fumbles on just kick returns, buit since 2016 Bengals have the third most kick returns in the league (395), but only 6 teams have fewer fumbles than the Bengals (2)

Punt returning is horrible. Erickson's 7.7 average is 28th out of 35 with at lest 40 returns. And it looks like his 11 Fumbles/muffs could be the highest number in the league. Since 2016 Bengals have more fumbles/muffs on punt returns (16) than any team in the league. Erickson does have more punt returns than any other player in the league since 2016, but not by enough to justify all those fumbles/muffs.

I never though Alex was a great punt return man, but I at east thought he was sure handed.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've been beating this drum forever, so I'm not going to go out of my way to bore everyone to death with a bunch of stats again.

Get this loser and his 2.5 million dollar deal off this team.  Give Bernard a chance when Mixon comes back.  Give Ross a chance.  Give Brandon Wilson a chance. Find someone else on this roster and give it to them.

I'm 100% convinced that even if you could find excuses as to why the above examples listed wouldn't work, you could find someone.  Even someone like Mike Thomas would most likely be just as effective as Alex Erickson.

Why do we keep this guy around to do only one single thing that he does poorly?  He stinks.  The only reason I could possibly think of as to why people defend this guy is because he's a white dude who tries hard.  The dude is an absolute bum.

agreed! I was screaming that at the TV after that fumble....WTF is this guy doing on an NFL roster?? I heard Ted Ginn got cut....maybe bring him in
Im tired of these "try hard guys" that dont produce being on this team.  
Reply/Quote
so the back up PR is Darius Phillips who is currently on IR. Next in line is Tyler Boyd and I don't really think we want to risk our best receiver on PR. John Ross has cement hands so sure lets put him back returning punts and see how that goes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 03:57 PM)pally Wrote: so the back up PR is Darius Phillips who is currently on IR.  Next in line is Tyler Boyd and I don't really think we want to risk our best receiver on PR.  John Ross has cement hands so sure lets put him back returning punts and see how that goes

Ross would have the upside to provide more of a spark than Erickson, not sure how you can disagree with that.
Reply/Quote
It's just not something the Bengals value, we've had this same hole in the roster for years.
Reply/Quote
Ahem...

Seeing as if the Drew Sample thread just won't die, I don't think it's quite fair that this thread died off so quickly.

Alex Erickson is the king of bums. Crown his ass. This dude stinks, yet he's managed to stick on this roster for 5 years, and survived a coaching change. Making matters even worse, we signed him a 2.3 mil average contract last season.

I swear to God, if we bring this bum back next year I'm going to lose my shit. Gaah
Reply/Quote
I thought tgey had Brandon wilson doing returns for a while. Why isn’t he doing it?
Reply/Quote
He can make more money doing shampoo Commercials with that luscious Head of Lettuce..
He needs a new agent
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 07:08 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I thought tgey had Brandon wilson doing returns for a while. Why isn’t he doing it?

Injured.
Reply/Quote
Wheres is Ericksons fan club.at now?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 07:11 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Injured.

Lol. I can’t keep up with all the injuries anymore
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've been beating this drum forever, so I'm not going to go out of my way to bore everyone to death with a bunch of stats again.

Get this loser and his 2.5 million dollar deal off this team.  Give Bernard a chance when Mixon comes back.  Give Ross a chance.  Give Brandon Wilson a chance. Find someone else on this roster and give it to them.

I'm 100% convinced that even if you could find excuses as to why the above examples listed wouldn't work, you could find someone.  Even someone like Mike Thomas would most likely be just as effective as Alex Erickson.

Why do we keep this guy around to do only one single thing that he does poorly?  He stinks.  The only reason I could possibly think of as to why people defend this guy is because he's a white dude who tries hard.  The dude is an absolute bum.

__________ is a bum.

LOL your threads crack me the F'k up. I think your gonna need your own category cause there's a lot more  "Bum" threads to come in the next three weeks.

But what will throw you over the edge is when this offseason no changes and a press conference from Mike Brown why the Bengals did so bad and he likes where they are going. 

There's gonna have to be a stronger word for that when it goes down this offseason big boy!
Reply/Quote
He's an amazing feline murder mystery author. Perhaps the best in league history. Katie loves his writing so he's probably a lifer here (she has 13 cats)

https://www.amazon.com/Death-Eggnog-Bookstore-Cafe-Mystery/dp/1496708873
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 07:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Ahem...

Seeing as if the Drew Sample thread just won't die, I don't think it's quite fair that this thread died off so quickly.

Alex Erickson is the king of bums. Crown his ass. This dude stinks, yet he's managed to stick on this roster for 5 years, and survived a coaching change. Making matters even worse, we signed him a 2.3 mil average contract last season.

I swear to God, if we bring this bum back next year I'm going to lose my shit. Gaah

Start loosing it now. This is the bengals and Zack likes him. He has a winning attitude Who dey
Reply/Quote