Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Erickson leads NFL in Kickoff Return Yards
This is awesome to see, Erickson leads the entire NFL in kickoff return yards to end the regular season.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/kickoff-return-yards
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Took the kid awhile to get used to the speed of the NFL, but he was one of the few bright spots of this team once he got going.

Hopefully he'll pick up right where he left of next season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
And he sucked until redskins game then a light came on. Wonder Wat his average would be if he had been able to get it right away
Reply/Quote
Good, Alex. He is #4 in the stat that matters more IMO, yards Per Kickoff return. Special teams got better as the year went on. We need 2 out of 3 phases to win NFL games and we were poor in all 3 for much of the year.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/kickoff-return-yards-per-return
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Believe he got AFC returner of the year?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Slow outta the gate but finished with a fury. Hope he is even better next season !
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 08:43 AM)Jpoore Wrote: And he sucked until redskins game then a light came on. Wonder Wat his average would be if he had been able to get it right away

Did he really suck or did it take his blockers a while to figure out their jobs as well.  So many of us that were ready to dismiss Peerman saw the impact he had when he returned. 

I think a lot of people that were so quick to dismiss Erickson and say they missed Brandon Tate(!) owe this kid an apology.  I think he is also a VERY capable backup in the slot to Boyd as well.  Great to have quality depth...more on that later in another thread.   Cool
Reply/Quote
Whatever the case was he got it done. Good for him & the Bengals. And he should get better. Our special teams used to be a strength but for most of 2016 they weren't.
Hopefully that has changed with Nugent's departure & Erickson's arrival.
Reply/Quote
Him and Lafell really improved over the year. I was down on him at first but he proved me wrong.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Was very concerned about him the first half of season. Very glad the light came on mid-season as he was a bright spot this year.

Reply/Quote
Tate got 5 years and people wanted to judge this kid 5 games into his rookie season. Smh.

Between he and Bullock, I think we improved at 2 ST spots.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not saying I want Tate back, but he did finish #6 in the league in punt return average and was #1 in PRs of 20+ yards (8).
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 03:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not saying I want Tate back, but he did finish #6 in the league in punt return average and was #1 in PRs of 20+ yards (8).

Folks that constantly bashed Tate owe him an apology. 

I gave folks a hard time at the beginning of the year with the "I miss Tate" but it was more pulling the chain of the Tater-Haters. If I recall a big reason for the Tate-Hate was he didn't bring anything to the receiving game. I'm different; as long as Erickson keeps excelling in the return game, IDC if he ever catches a pass again.

I still miss Gresham. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 03:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks that constantly bashed Tate owe him an apology. 

I gave folks a hard time at the beginning of the year with the "I miss Tate" but it was more pulling the chain of the Tater-Haters. If I recall a big reason for the Tate-Hate was he didn't bring anything to the receiving game. I'm different; as long as Erickson keeps excelling in the return game, IDC if he ever catches a pass again.

I still miss Gresham. 

You're the only one.

2 more drops yesterday, another hold, he literally has not even been have as productive as he was with us, in the past 2 years.

Ceej is the better option at this point and he even fights on his feet like Gresh did, to get the extra yards.

With our trio, we're in great shape for years to come and we don't need to think about TE anymore.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 03:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're the only one.

2 more drops yesterday, another hold, he literally has not even been have as productive as he was with us, in the past 2 years.

Ceej is the better option at this point and he even fights on his feet like Gresh did, to get the extra yards.

With our trio, we're in great shape for years to come and we don't need to think about TE anymore.

I'll not hijack the Erickson thread, but durability and blocking count for something don't they?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 03:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll not hijack the Erickson thread, but durability and blocking count for something don't they?

I agree.

Durability is probably the only thing. Blocking has taken a nosedive too.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 01:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tate got 5 years and people wanted to judge this kid 5 games into his rookie season. Smh.

Between he and Bullock, I think we improved at 2 ST spots.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
I never want to see us have the most kick return yardage.

I only want us taking 16 KRs each year (16 shutouts!)
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 10:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I never want to see us have the most kick return yardage.

I only want us taking 16 KRs each year (16 shutouts!)

And taking every single one of them to the house, thank you very much.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 11:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did he really suck or did it take his blockers a while to figure out their jobs as well.  So many of us that were ready to dismiss Peerman saw the impact he had when he returned. 

I think a lot of people that were so quick to dismiss Erickson and say they missed Brandon Tate(!) owe this kid an apology.  I think he is also a VERY capable backup in the slot to Boyd as well.  Great to have quality depth...more on that later in another thread.   Cool
While I agree with you that Peerman is much more important than some people think, my biggest gripe with Erickson's early season performance was his decision making.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote