Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Erickson leads NFL in Kickoff Return Yards
I agree Erikson got better as the season progressed. I think he gets it now and has adjusted to the NFL. I want him back returning kickoffs and punts next year for sure.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
As soon as our Special Teams captain came back the whole Special Teams unit improved.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 11:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did he really suck or did it take his blockers a while to figure out their jobs as well.  So many of us that were ready to dismiss Peerman saw the impact he had when he returned. 

I think a lot of people that were so quick to dismiss Erickson and say they missed Brandon Tate(!) owe this kid an apology.  I think he is also a VERY capable backup in the slot to Boyd as well.  Great to have quality depth...more on that later in another thread.   Cool

I think it was a mixture of both blocking and he seemed very timid but later on in the year he was attacking holes hard. But I have always been a supporter of peerman he's the biggest reason our special teams is good.
Reply/Quote
Total yards is a dubious honor.(Much like most homeruns by a minor league catcher) But being 4th in yards per return is nice.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty cool. Really thought Erickson was going to be an upgrade after the Preseason. But it took him
awhile to get it down in the regular season. Once he did, he was our best Returner. Nice to have such
a young guy for the future, it is bright at Returner for once and this guy is a good backup in the Slot.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 03:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're the only one.

2 more drops yesterday, another hold, he literally has not even been have as productive as he was with us, in the past 2 years.

Ceej is the better option at this point and he even fights on his feet like Gresh did, to get the extra yards.

With our trio, we're in great shape for years to come and we don't need to think about TE anymore.

Beat me to it.  And it is amazing the short-term memory folks have of Tate in terms of his fumbles and poor decisions.  Some pinheads actually think a return of > 20 yards is a great stat...do you even realize that includes the yards to get out of the end zone?  So, Tater catches the ball 7 yards deep and only reaches the 14 yardline.  Dumb, but he got over 20 yards on the return.  He definitely improved, but Erickson proved to be a much bigger big-play threat, and is a better receiver to boot.  Bengals finally make the right personnel decision over a turd that has been here forever and they are forever questioned.  

Gresham also had a piss-poor attitude.  Don't miss him at all.  

Side note:  Does anyone think it is weird that the Bengals and Cards ended the season with the exact same record?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 10:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Beat me to it.  And it is amazing the short-term memory folks have of Tate in terms of his fumbles and poor decisions.  Some pinheads actually think a return of > 20 yards is a great stat...do you even realize that includes the yards to get out of the end zone?  So, Tater catches the ball 7 yards deep and only reaches the 14 yardline.  Dumb, but he got over 20 yards on the return.  He definitely improved, but Erickson proved to be a much bigger big-play threat, and is a better receiver to boot.  Bengals finally make the right personnel decision over a turd that has been here forever and they are forever questioned.  

Gresham also had a piss-poor attitude.  Don't miss him at all.  

Side note:  Does anyone think it is weird that the Bengals and Cards ended the season with the exact same record?  

That is a bit weird about the Bengals and Cards.

BTW, Gresh lost his cool in the last game i watched the Cards play and the announcers said it was for good
reason. He took his helmet off and got in a guys face who had nothing to do with what happened to him the
play before. If he was with the Bengals they would of been all saying how this guy needs to go.

Also true about the 20 yard average. That puts the Offense in a bad situation when you take it out that deep
in the end zone. This is NEVER a good thing unless some of the time you make a monster return.

Erickson got to where he was making good decisions and making monster returns by mid year.

True, props to Simmons. I like him and Urban on this staff and Geunther. The rest need to be
replaced IMHO but won't.
Reply/Quote
I admit that I was hard on the kid early in the regular season and thought it was a waste of a roster spot and, I have trouble even typing this, I openly missed having Tate back there.

But the young man made me look like a damn fool as the season progressed. He really stepped up and played at a high level all the while showing the guts you need to have as a returner in the NFL. Glad he is a Bengal and I hope he has a great career in the Orange N' Black for as long as he is here. And just one of the very many lessons I have learned in the art of keeping my mouth shut when it comes to a young player, especially one who is in their rookie season.
Reply/Quote