Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump tweets skepticism about 3D-printed guns. But his administration cleared the way
(08-06-2018, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This was discussed over the weekend as well and it does present a ideological dilemma.  This guy was on a conservative network and was getting grill over this (seems ironic the conservative was sort of being against the 2nd Amendment). The host once asked. Would he (the creator of the download) feel any responsible if someone used his gun for terror (ect...). I thought that was one of the most ridiculous questions asked.

Should an automaker feel responsible if some drunk-driver kills a family? To continue with the dilemma there are liberals also opposed to this practice; this paints them as anti-1st Amendment.

Did the auto cause the deaths...or the alcohol?

Not sure how the 1st amendment worked its way into it (and how liberals are opposed to it).   Nervous

But thanks for your continued service toward defending it.   ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-07-2018, 12:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Did the auto cause the deaths...or the alcohol?

Not sure how the 1st amendment worked its way into it (and how liberals are opposed to it).   Nervous

Distillery says it was the auto, plain as day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-07-2018, 12:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Did the auto cause the deaths...or the alcohol?

Are either created to kill?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-07-2018, 01:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Are either created to kill?

You stole my next response.... Whatever

Smirk
To me, this falls under the same umbrella as bomb making instructions online. As far as I know, currently it is only illegal to disseminate this information in an effort to encourage or assist in a federal crime.

The actual sharing of the instructions in a neutral fashion would be protected speech. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-07-2018, 01:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: To me, this falls under the same umbrella as bomb making instructions online. As far as I know, currently it is only illegal to disseminate this information in an effort to encourage or assist in a federal crime.

The actual sharing of the instructions in a neutral fashion would be protected speech. 

I would agree with this reasoning. Also, I can currently find instructions for making a firearm at home quite easily; it just requires machinery I don't have. It would be legal for me to make such a firearm at home, though, and I think this should be legal. Of course, if you are caught with one and you wouldn't be legally allowed to own/carry a firearm, then that would still be illegal.

People should be responsible for their own actions. If someone uses one of these in a crime, that is on them unless they were actually encouraged to do so. But I know not everyone feels this way.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-07-2018, 01:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Are either created to kill?

Not really, but just like a weapon, a vehicle can be used for mass killings; however, neither are built to defend yourself and your family; as a weapon is. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Do you ever grow tired?

The 1st Amendment "worked its way into it" as he is claiming folks are denying his Freedom of Speech by restricting his right to post these diagrams. Liberals are generally associated with demanding additional restrictions or in extreme cases denying the right of the 2nd Amendment (save it). So they are against it.

(08-07-2018, 06:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not really, but just like a weapon, a vehicle can be used for mass killings; however, neither are built to defend yourself and your family; as a weapon is. 

Tell me, cause I'm too tired to look it up, how does the weapon defend you and your family?  Just look scary and hope one doesn't have to fire it?  or to shoot to kill?
(08-07-2018, 10:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Tell me, cause I'm too tired to look it up, how does the weapon defend you and your family?  Just look scary and hope one doesn't have to fire it?  or to shoot to kill?

It can be used to make one appear to be a "hard target". Anyone with any experience at all will tell you that the mere presence of a weapon can be a valuable deterrent.  

For instance in Afghanistan we were the first American forces to occupy an area known as Shindad. Whenever we rolled out the gate our crew served weapons were clearly visible; however our "hope" was never to use them. In 3 months of constant patrols we were not attacked once. When we left we were replace by a Military Police (MP) unit. They rode in their vehicles without their weapons exposed; they were attacked 3 times in 2 weeks. 

So yes: It can "Just look scary and hope one doesn't have to fire it." Perhaps you should get some rest if you're tired. 

(08-07-2018, 10:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It can be used to make one appear to be a "hard target". Anyone with any experience at all will tell you that the mere presence of a weapon can be a valuable deterrent.  

For instance in Afghanistan we were the first American forces to occupy an area known as Shindad. Whenever we rolled out the gate our crew served weapons were clearly visible; however our "hope" was never to use them. In 3 months of constant patrols we were not attacked once. When we left we were replace by a Military Police (MP) unit. They rode in their vehicles without their weapons exposed; they were attacked 3 times in 2 weeks. 

So yes: It can "Just look scary and hope one doesn't have to fire it." Perhaps you should get some rest if you're tired. 

But is that what it is designed to do?  Just look scary.

I don't think you'd get caught carrying a weapon that only looked dangerous and wasn't designed to do something a little more.

But I'll take your word for it...
(08-07-2018, 11:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: But is that what it is designed to do?  Just look scary.

I don't think you'd get caught carrying a weapon that only looked dangerous and wasn't designed to do something a little more.

But I'll take your word for it...

Oh, I thought you asked me how it could "defend" your family and my answer was as a deterrent. Did you mean to ask something else? Maybe you do need that nap

(08-07-2018, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I thought you asked me how it could "defend" your family and my answer was as a deterrent. Did you mean to ask something else? Maybe you do need that nap

Yeah I did ask that...but then I asked if that is what it is designed to do..."look scary".

Thanks.