Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Leatherwood
Oh I agree, I thought he was a 2nd round pick.

But Mayock was well respected by viewers, and months of him saying those he picked in the first round were first round/can't miss prospects leading up tot the draft would have made them viewed less as a reach the 1st night of the draft even if they did bust.

But we never heard from Mayock on his rankings so to nearly all of us, these were reaches.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I would like Isaiah Wynn over Leatherwood. Being a good run blocker and a bad pass protector isn't what we need
right now with Pollack who can coach up run blocking very well but is questionable in coaching up pass protection.

Wynn is a better overall player and I wanted us to draft him back in the day.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 02:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would like Isaiah Wynn over Leatherwood. Being a good run blocker and a bad pass protector isn't what we need
right now with Pollack who can coach up run blocking very well but is questionable in coaching up pass protection.

Wynn is a better overall player and I wanted us to draft him back in the day.

I also was hoping that the Bengals would draft Wynn, and wouldn't mind if they brought him to the team now. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Leatherwoods contract situation is much better. He’s cheaper and they would still have 4 years of control over him.
Wynn’s at about $10 million this year and then he’s a FA. You’d have to commit to starting and extending him if you were going to give up any draft capital to make it worth the deal.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 03:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I also was hoping that the Bengals would draft Wynn, and wouldn't mind if they brought him to the team now. 

Wynn or Ereck Flowers would be perfect for what we need as insurance in case either Volson or Carma aren't up to the task.

(08-27-2022, 01:45 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Leatherwoods contract situation is much better. He’s cheaper and they would still have 4 years of control over him.
Wynn’s at about $10 million this year and then he’s a FA.  You’d have to commit to starting and extending him if you were going to give up any draft capital to make it worth the deal.

No thanks, watched him last night and he was on roller skates, looked worse than Adeniji last post season.

Was bad man, bad. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 10:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rumored to be on the trade block, or possibly even cut. He might be worth a late round pick to see if a change of scenery can salvage him.

Former 1st round pick, from a school that usually produces pretty good OL.

The only way Leatherwood would be a Bengal is if he was traded here. If he was waived there are at least a dozen teams that would put in a claim. Teams that would all be higher in line than the Bengals 31st.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
How can a guy named LEATHERwood not be a glass eater?

I agree with others, if you want him have to trade for him, no way he gets through 30 teams to us if cut.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think it would be smart to trade for him.

1.) He has the Athletic scores to indicate he would be a success here .

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=17816&pos=OG&wu=&ovl=

2.) He has played with Jonah before at Alabama.

3.) The Rams did a similar thing with Austin Corbert and he gave them two solid seasons at Guard.

Sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 01:52 PM)J24 Wrote: I think it would be smart to trade for him.

1.) He has the Athletic scores to indicate he would be a success here .

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=17816&pos=OG&wu=&ovl=

2.) He has played with Jonah before at Alabama.

3.) The Rams did a similar thing with Austin Corbert and he gave them two solid seasons at Guard.

Sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery!

Still would rather pick up Ereck Flowers, trade for Isaiah Wynn or bring back Hopkins or Spain before trading for Leatherwood.

But you actually made me warm up to the idea more J24 lol

I just saw a terrible pass protector in Leatherwood this preseason when I watched the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 02:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still would rather pick up Ereck Flowers, trade for Isaiah Wynn or bring back Hopkins or Spain before trading for Leatherwood.

But you actually made me warm up to the idea more J24 lol

I just saw a terrible pass protector in Leatherwood this preseason when I watched the Raiders.

There really is no reason why they can't do 2 of those things. He'll they can probably do all three.

Sign Flowers as a back up guard, trade Carmen and a Pick for Wynn, and trade for Leatherwood.

Flowers is your backup guard, Wynn is your starting LG + swing Tackle,  and Leatherwood  is the future at LG.
J24

Reply/Quote
He started for a playoff team last season, correct? A switch to guard and a change of scenery might do him wonders. I'd pull the trigger. 
Reply/Quote
Let's trade Carman 4 him
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 03:01 PM)J24 Wrote: There really is no reason why they can't do 2 of those things. He'll they can probably do all three.

Sign Flowers as a back up guard, trade Carmen and a Pick for Wynn, and trade for Leatherwood.

Flowers is your backup guard, Wynn is your starting LG + swing Tackle,  and Leatherwood  is the future at LG.

Wynn has a $10.4 mil salary on the 5th year option this year.  A trade for him even by itself really isn't realistic.  
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 03:01 PM)J24 Wrote: There really is no reason why they can't do 2 of those things. He'll they can probably do all three.

Would love it if any of this happened honestly. It is a hole from what we saw this Preseason.

(08-29-2022, 09:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: Wynn has a $10.4 mil salary on the 5th year option this year.  A trade for him even by itself really isn't realistic.  

Damn.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 09:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: Wynn has a $10.4 mil salary on the 5th year option this year.  A trade for him even by itself really isn't realistic.  

It would be expensive and would be unlike the front office. With that being said hey have the cap space to do make a trade for Wynn to work.  Additionally they could cut Perine, Huber, and Brandon Wilson that would save around 5 million in cap.
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 10:44 PM)J24 Wrote: It would be expensive and would be unlike the front office. With that being said hey have the cap space to do make a trade for Wynn to work.  Additionally they could cut Perine, Huber, and Brandon Wilson that would save around 5 million in cap.

Do it. I think we have the players to make all those guys a touch expendable.
Reply/Quote

Ereck Flowers averaged 10 million per year on his last contact.  I think getting him is a long shot too but you never know.
Reply/Quote
Leatherwood has been waived by the Raiders
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Absolutely should put a claim in on him. He should at least have more upside than D Smith/Adeniji/Prince, right?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 04:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Absolutely should put a claim in on him. He should at least have more upside than D Smith/Adeniji/Prince, right?

I don't know D'Ante Smith has better hands. I can't stress enough how bad Alex Leatherwoods hands are... and inside at guard or outside at tackle hands are hands.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote