Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does Duke get a pass
Fire both the bums. He can take Lou with him.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 01:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sadly, we're a team built to win now. We don't really have a ton of young talent. Most of our talent is veteran.
Oh ya?

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 01:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bill Tobin, who basically recommended his son to Mike all those years ago, has also been with them since around 2003, I think. The Tobin's have become part of the "family".

Agreed. Tobin will be around for a while. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 01:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bill Tobin, who basically recommended his son to Mike all those years ago, has also been with them since around 2003, I think. The Tobin's have become part of the "family".

THE FAMILY.   Lets face it, with The Godfather Paul Brown gone, The Family is slipping.  Mike tries but is no Godfather.  Tobin of the Arena League is not an NFL War Time Consigliere.  

The other teams are Big Business and the Bengals are like a Mom and Pop store. They SHOULD hire NFL front office talent from around the NFL moving up, but they would rather keep it just The Family. Nepotism is Bengals worst enemy.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It was said Zac Taylor “nailed the interview.”  So who was doing the interviewing?  Mike Brown and Duke Tobin.  

I’m just wondering what they asked.  “What’s your favorite color?”

Zac Taylor is an excellent public speaker.  He comes off as being very bright and passionate, probably because he possesses both of those qualities to a high degree.  We are however seeing what happens when one of the least experienced coaching staffs of all time(if not THE most inexperienced) takes command of a losing team that hasn't drafted well lately.  Instead of making concessions for JDR and handing the reigns of the defense over to someone with experience, ZT decided to hire someone who he knew he could get along with and exert influence over.  Instead of hiring an OC to perform conventional OC duties, he decided that it was a good idea to call the plays himself.  Perhaps his apparent intelligence, passion, and communication skills have been overshadowed by excessive hubris and nepotism up to this point.

Tobin doesn't deserve a pass.  His chronic whiffs in the first round, bizarre obsession with corners, failure to build complete lines on either side of the ball, and inability to convince the organization that a cohesive FA strategy(with contingency plans) is necessary should all be taken into account.  In such a ruthlessly competitive business where only the elite of the elite will cut it, Tobin appears to have fallen by the wayside.  
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 03:58 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Zac Taylor is an excellent public speaker.  He comes off as being very bright and passionate, probably because he possesses both of those qualities to a high degree.  We are however seeing what happens when one of the least experienced coaching staffs of all time(if not THE most inexperienced) takes command of a losing team that hasn't drafted well lately.  Instead of making concessions for JDR and handing the reigns of the defense over to someone with experience, ZT decided to hire someone who he knew he could get along with and exert influence over.  Instead of hiring an OC to perform conventional OC duties, he decided that it was a good idea to call the plays himself.  Perhaps his apparent intelligence, passion, and communication skills have been overshadowed by excessive hubris and nepotism up to this point.

Tobin doesn't deserve a pass.  His chronic whiffs in the first round, bizarre obsession with corners, failure to build complete lines on either side of the ball, and inability to convince the organization that a cohesive FA strategy(with contingency plans) is necessary should all be taken into account.  In such a ruthlessly competitive business where only the elite of the elite will cut it, Tobin appears to have fallen by the wayside.  
He passed on 2 franchise QB that are the hardest in the NFL 
To game plan against 
That there is enough reason to firead him
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 01:22 PM)impactplaya Wrote: He passed on 2 franchise QB that are the hardest in the NFL 
To game plan against 

But the Bengals had their franchise QB!  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 01:22 PM)impactplaya Wrote: He passed on 2 franchise QB that are the hardest in the NFL 
To game plan against 

The Ross pick had MB shock value written all over it.

I see no way they took Mahomes in that scenario. And at the time, a few people on the board talked about Watson...but no buzz on Mahomes.

I think IF we passed on Ross, we would have taken Jonathan Allen or Lattimore or Hooker or Barnett.
Reply/Quote