Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Redmond-Left Tackle
Jerry and Price SHOULD be the starters. They have outplayed MJ and Smith.

That said...Redmond is probably the emergency Tackle.

Man, how bad must the free agent market be? Also how bad must Glenn be hurt that he can't even be the emergency tackle?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 05:24 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Andy Dalton gonna call in sick on Sunday. DAMN!

I'd retire...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope this is the case, maybe we could run the ball with Redmond out there if he just didn't jump offsides all the time.

More 2 TE sets to help out the OT's would be nice. Jerry played well last week, better than Andre has and that was against 
Chandler Jones. Hope Jerry starts and plays well once again, we are going to need it.

I agree that we have to go beyond the 11 set. But coaches are hard headed about showing any wrinkles, until they have established success from base sets AND they feel the personnel is there for the wrinkles.

That's what Jay Geuden was referring to, when he said this week that he wishes he had the players to "flex our offensive muscles".

But ultimately, successful coaches in football adapt their philosophy to their personnel. Obviously, having a porous OL is very different than switching from an outside the hash passing concept to a shallow cross and seam concept.

But I am with you, in that given our OL struggles, maybe some two TE or two back sets would be a good approach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 05:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Someone recently took a college statistics class :]

You have 6 bad OL, 2 decent OL and 1 good OL in a bag. If I draw 2 OL out of the bag, what are the odds that I pick a decent or good o-lineman on my second pick, GO!

14%.

Reply/Quote
Didn't Jerry do fairly well at LT? Redmond should be RG Dammit! At least he and Hart could then take turns drawing penalties and the refs may cut Bengals a break because they know just to watch the right side of line... LMAO
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
At what point do the Bungles disclose that Cordy Glenn actually died in a swashbuckling accident?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 07:38 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: At what point do the Bungles disclose that Cordy Glenn actually died in a swashbuckling accident?

Umm, it would be jousting in his case and they have rubber tips. Wait, this explains a lot?  Nervous

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 07:38 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: At what point do the Bungles disclose that Cordy Glenn actually died in a swashbuckling accident?

Ah, so our LT is also a "sword fighter" in his spare time?  That explains why he's always been soft in run blocking..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 07:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ah, so our LT is also a "sword fighter" in his spare time?  That explains why he's always been soft in run blocking..   Ninja

Im writing ZT an email and tell him he needs to ban sword fighting to improve the run game.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
Jerry starting at LT.

Next offseason when we sign a player we fear the Bengals may count on more than we hope to solve a major issue, don't go yelling we overreacting to a camp body.

It's past time to admit we are living worse case scenario as it relates to offseason hopes and fears.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 08:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Jerry starting at LT.

Next offseason when we sign a player we fear the Bengals may count on more than we hope to solve a major issue, don't go yelling we overreacting to a camp body.

It's past time to admit we are living worse case scenario as it relates to offseason hopes and fears.

John Jerry, from unemployed average offensive Guard, to starting Left Tackle.  Man, that's an ABC after school special, if I ever saw one..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He can't be worse than Andre Smith.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 05:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Someone recently took a college statistics class :]

You have 6 bad OL, 2 decent OL and 1 good OL in a bag. If I draw 2 OL out of the bag, what are the odds that I pick a decent or good o-lineman on my second pick, GO!

on the second draw you have a 1 of 8 chance or 12.5%
Reply/Quote
It’s insane that we have two areas that are as weak as our LBs and OL. The back to back OT draft and this past one are disasters that could take years for a competent leader to fix.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 06:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m good at statistics like regression analysis or using various distributions to put error bounds on my data sets but I’ve never really studied probability before.  When I pick the second lineman have I put the first one back in the bag or do I set him aside and pick from eight players?  I think replacement would matter.

Stop it. There are 9 linemen in the bag. Three of them would be good, six would be bad. 

He has a 33% chance of picking a decent or good one the first try or if the bad one goes back in the bag and he has a 38% chance on his second try if the first bad one is left out of the bag. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 08:38 PM)CincyKid Wrote: on the second draw you have a 1 of 8 chance or 12.5%

not
Reply/Quote
The curse of low balling Whit continues.

Mike Brown should be ashamed. But, of course, he's sure he's right about it all.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm reading this as they're just trying to get him ready for emergency snaps in case Andre and Glenn can't go.

This.

Jerry has started there before.  Redmond needs all the reps he can get there.

If Dre is out we can't go into the game with just one player who has ever taken a snap at LT.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 08:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Jerry has started there before.  Redmond needs all the reps he can get there.

If Dre is out we can't go into the game with just one player who has ever taken a snap at LT.

And how could they not see this coming?

To start the season with only 3 tackles on the 53 man roster, and only two healthy ones at that, it shouldn't be a shocker.

Reply/Quote
I suspect MB wants to destroy Andy's career with an injury for not giving him a playoff win. I mean what QB would feel/be safe with such an O-line?
Reply/Quote