Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Redmond-Left Tackle
(10-09-2019, 07:27 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I agree that we have to go beyond the 11 set. But coaches are hard headed about showing any wrinkles, until they have established success from base sets AND they feel the personnel is there for the wrinkles.

That's what Jay Geuden was referring to, when he said this week that he wishes he had the players to "flex our offensive muscles".

But ultimately, successful coaches in football adapt their philosophy to their personnel. Obviously, having a porous OL is very different than switching from an outside the hash passing concept to a shallow cross and seam concept.

But I am with you, in that given our OL struggles, maybe some two TE or two back sets would be a good approach.

It's been how many months since this team started practicing with this offense?

The OL has been going down hill for a few years and it has only gotten worse. Whatever Mike Brown does to fix things only makes things worse. He's just that football stupid to do the wrong thing at that wrong time repeatedly. It's almost like a stroke of luck has to happen for him to do the right thing at the right time. And even though Lady Luck flirts a great deal, she rarely delivers the goods.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Talk about a good case for a law suit. Isn't this considered an unsafe work environment for Andy. He can at least claim negligence by his employer for safety.
Reply/Quote
Unreal. Tobin has to go.

We are unbelievably desperate at LT. And Hobson spins a piece about how Redmond, the dude you can not pass block at G, is the best thing available.

The tiny scouting department complaint that I have heard from others, and disregarded, is really starting to ring true.

I promise there are better options than plugging Redmond a shitty guard coming off a 4 game suspension for PEDs in at LT. Sadly Tobin is a dumb piece of shit.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 12:32 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Unreal. Tobin has to go.

We are unbelievably desperate at LT. And Hobson spins a piece about how Redmond, the dude you can not pass block at G, is the best thing available.

The tiny scouting department complaint that I have heard from others, and disregarded, is really starting to ring true.

I promise there are better options than plugging Redmond a shitty guard coming off a 4 game suspension for PEDs in at LT. Sadly Tobin is a dumb piece of shit.

Couldn't agree more. It's insane. 

They act like their scheme is tough or something. Anytime they make moves like this they say it's because they are familiar with the player (Redmond in this case) and he understands what the coaches want from him. Whatever 
Reply/Quote
Hold my beer!
Reply/Quote
This is the longest concussion protocol ever....
Reply/Quote
I thought Jerry did well at LT. Redmond should play RG.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 06:52 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: At least he's not allowing a sack every play..

Hey, maybe you're on to something here. A false start is better than a sack because you only lose 5 yards and don't lose a down!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Man...I hope Jonah Williams properly recovers for next season.

We need him to be a plug and play guy at LT in the worst way.

Feels like a long time since we had no question marks at OT. Makes you nostalgic for the days of Whit & Dre (in his good years), Levi and Willie ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 06:52 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: At least he's not allowing a sack every play..

Sacks are the trend this season, last year were penalties. Next season will probably be something new, we find ways. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So many penalties, it won't just be an increase in penalties but an inVrease!  Ninja

So sorry, I must of been typing with my Andy hand.  Hehe
Reply/Quote
I mean he can't get much worse than Andre Smith right? Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Its become pretty clear Glenn is not recovering and my money is we won't see him again. At what point do you just take him out of the picture. Hell they can't even be bothered to update on his return it seems because they know there wont be one.

Done with this useless waste of money.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 11:59 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Its become pretty clear Glenn is not recovering and my money is we won't see him again. At what point do you just take him out of the picture. Hell they can't even be bothered to update on his return it seems because they know there wont be one.

Done with this useless waste of money.

Back in the offseason, I was one of the few that were pulling for him to be released, and the $8M that would have been saved to be reinvested in a real OL with some actual potential and a future ahead of him.

Many disagreed with my opinion on the matter..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 12:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Back in the offseason, I was one of the few that were pulling for him to be released, and the $8M that would have been saved to be reinvested in a real OL with some actual potential and a future ahead of him.

Many disagreed with my opinion on the matter..

Too bad we didn't. 

In all fairness, you could say the sun will rise tomorrow and someone would argue with it. Hell you could say it rose today and get an argument.  LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 09:43 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I suspect MB wants to destroy Andy's career with an injury for not giving him a playoff win. I mean what QB would feel/be safe with such an O-line?

All these years later and Mike Brown STILL thinks we should've drafted Ryan Mallet.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 07:27 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I agree that we have to go beyond the 11 set. But coaches are hard headed about showing any wrinkles, until they have established success from base sets AND they feel the personnel is there for the wrinkles.

That's what Jay Geuden was referring to, when he said this week that he wishes he had the players to "flex our offensive muscles".

But ultimately, successful coaches in football adapt their philosophy to their personnel. Obviously, having a porous OL is very different than switching from an outside the hash passing concept to a shallow cross and seam concept.

But I am with you, in that given our OL struggles, maybe some two TE or two back sets would be a good approach.

We have 3 good TE's in Eifert, Uzi and Sample. I would use them and spare one of our extra WR's and do like i have 
been preaching for years and use Mixon and Gio more at the same time. The 3 WR set is great when you have 3 great
WR's, but we only have 1 for it in Boyd. Using the 2 TE set with 2 RB's that can catch the ball is downright devious and
we have the personnel. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 11:13 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's been how many months since this team started practicing with this offense?

The OL has been going down hill for a few years and it has only gotten worse. Whatever Mike Brown does to fix things only makes things worse. He's just that football stupid to do the wrong thing at that wrong time repeatedly. It's almost like a stroke of luck has to happen for him to do the right thing at the right time. And even though Lady Luck flirts a great deal, she rarely delivers the goods.

So you telling me Mike Brown now calls the Offense and the sets Chris?

I mean, come on man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Make sure Mr Dalton has his affairs in order. You dont want his wife to deal with that while grieving....
Reply/Quote
Penalty machine!And believe it or not there is a pretty good chance that this just might happen.
Reply/Quote